Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Mar 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2655514)   #76
Tom 1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Tom 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just checked the list and again im not going, gutted but i wont bother putting my name forward again dont think there is much point. A big well done for all that is going and have a great time.....
Old 19 Mar 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2655530)   #77
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To coin a phrase, "you have to be in it to win it!"
Old 19 Mar 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2655546)   #78
Scoundrel
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Scoundrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone pm me the list, so I can check

Thanks
Old 19 Mar 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2655555)   #79
John_R
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dukinfield, Cheshire
John_R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry its becoming a bit repetetive but can someone PM me the list as well.

Not recieved an email so I am guessing I've not been lucky, but, I also didn't get an email from BARC originally, just a letter out of the blue asking if I would be interested so I guess its a case of you don't know until you know...

As an aside does anyone have any ideas why I didn't originally get an email from BARC as some did, my email address is registered with them as far as I know.

Thanks in advance,

John
Old 19 Mar 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2655559)   #80
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_R View Post
As an aside does anyone have any ideas why I didn't originally get an email from BARC as some did, my email address is registered with them as far as I know.
I didn't get an e-mail either, just a letter. I think they must have sent the e-mails to the ones who have been on previous occasions, and a letter to everyone else?
Old 19 Mar 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2655567)   #81
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG View Post
I didn't get an e-mail either, just a letter. I think they must have sent the e-mails to the ones who have been on previous occasions, and a letter to everyone else?
That is what I assumed as well - I got a letter as the initial contact, and luckily for me, an email arrived yesterday afternoon with the aforementioned list of names.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2655578)   #82
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
That is what I assumed as well - I got a letter as the initial contact, and luckily for me, an email arrived yesterday afternoon with the aforementioned list of names.
Ergo : I expect I shall now get a "Thanks but no thanks" letter soon. rather than an e-mail confirming my attendance.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2655613)   #83
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post

Well I dont know whats going on but I AM on the list, but have NOT received an e-mail OR letter YET.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2655652)   #84
Tom 1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Peterborough
I know there is alot for them to sort out but i think the information to those who have not been selected could have been much better than it has been. Us guy and girls was happy to book time off work and our commitment could be reconised better than just you know if your selected?? A good mate of mine has been selected and he as will all who are going will do the british marshal a great honour and show how good we are.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2655660)   #85
steviec
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton, UK
steviec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could someone please PM me the list, Thank you
Old 19 Mar 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2655673)   #86
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Isn't this all getting rather hysterical? Maybe a little bit of patience would be in order - it's not a matter of life or death, is it?

I'm sure that everybody will hear from BARC as soon as is reasonably possible, be it by email, snail mail, pigeon post, whatever. It's worth bearing in mind that there will probably be a few more people who, like me, will decline the invitation for some reason. These will have to be replaced - not much point in telling applicants that they are not selected & then, a few days later, telling them that they are, after all, required.

In hindsight, I rather wish I hadn't posted that I'd received an email, but if I hadn't, somebody else would have. . .
Old 19 Mar 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2655675)   #87
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1 View Post
I know there is alot for them to sort out but i think the information to those who have not been selected could have been much better than it has been. Us guy and girls was happy to book time off work and our commitment could be reconised better than just you know if your selected?
Tom... give it a couple of days, you will probably get a letter from Barc telling you that you've been unsuccessful, they usually have more of these to send out than successful e-mails, but you will almost certainly get something to say. This is the second time I've applied for one of these trips, and the second time I've been unsuccessful, so I'm only going on what happened the first time.

I think that I'll wait a bit before applying again. Clearly I don't have enough experience: Only been marshalling for 6 years and constantly making a horlicks of upgrading! I'm not a badge chaser so I let it slide somewhat, but it's only going to be the guys who have the better badges who get the pick. So, my plan is to a) finally get experienced grade, then b)work on whatever the next grade up is, then c) apply again.

Even so, it's good to see the creme de la creme of British Marshalling once again flying the flag in Abu Dhabi and sincerest good wishes to all those going.

Last edited by The STIG; 19 Mar 2010 at 15:16. Reason: Argh! Not again! Sorry Dave, I didn't see your post!
Old 19 Mar 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2655685)   #88
Tom 1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Peterborough
I totaly agree with your comments from both the stig and dave it is the the fact an email could have been sent to those who wasnt sucsesfull this time and that is the bit that has made me a bit annoyed. I like everyone put there name forward knowing it was only 50- 50 but i would just have liked an email knowing one way or the other , dont think its much to ask for ? i agree also to your view the stig i will give it a while before i apply again.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2655696)   #89
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So far as I recall BARC are having a pretty torrid time keeping their Marshal's Secretary position filled. Becci Harvey moved on earlier in the year and the replacement appointee lasted a week (or less).

I would imagine that might have at least something to do with it.

Graeme
Old 19 Mar 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2655724)   #90
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
So far as I recall BARC are having a pretty torrid time keeping their Marshal's Secretary position filled. Becci Harvey moved on earlier in the year and the replacement appointee lasted a week (or less).
Drifting slightly off topic... who is it at the moment?
Old 19 Mar 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2655739)   #91
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I totaly agree with your comments from both the stig and dave it is the the fact an email could have been sent to those who wasnt sucsesfull this time and that is the bit that has made me a bit annoyed. I like everyone put there name forward knowing it was only 50- 50 but i would just have liked an email knowing one way or the other , dont think its much to ask for ? i agree also to your view the stig i will give it a while before i apply again.
Tom, you will get a letter, if you weren't registered here you wouldn't know either way would you?

Calm down a little and regard it as a 'better luck next time' scenario rather than a 'they hate me and are rubbish' scenario!
Old 19 Mar 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2655741)   #92
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG View Post
Drifting slightly off topic... who is it at the moment?
If you absolutely have to contact the office for something vital then use lgreenATbarc.net but please don't swamp the address with trivial queries as the work is currently being picked up by the other office staff.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2655956)   #93
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ok all lets put an end to this speculation BARC have sent out emails to those that have been selected with a requirement to respond by the 29th of March. Until then it is not wise to send out all the rejections until you know if reservese are going to be required.

so I would invisage a number of people receiving thanks but not this time emails or letters during next week with a number of these saying thanks but not on main list you are a reserve, again early next week.

This is as someone already said is what happened last time.

everyone that applied last time received a letter or email one way or another within week or 2 of the desission being made.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2655992)   #94
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a message for any of you people in the Midlands who are going, from Mark Martin known to us Mallory people as Captain Mainwaring. He and his right hand man Ken Shelley are going and would like to know if anyone else is from the Midlands, with a view of sharing transport to Heathrow.
You can contact Mark on: 07510 343237
Old 19 Mar 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2656053)   #95
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I totaly agree with your comments from both the stig and dave
If you totally agree with my comments, why did you then say:

Quote:
it is the the fact an email could have been sent to those who wasnt sucsesfull this time and that is the bit that has made me a bit annoyed. I like everyone put there name forward knowing it was only 50- 50 but i would just have liked an email knowing one way or the other , dont think its much to ask for ?
Those comments give the impression that you haven't even read my post!
Old 20 Mar 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2656260)   #96
SRPhoto
Veteran

Wales
Wrexham
SRPhoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to get in early with a reminder. If you are going from Manchester and leaving the car in an airport car park, using the code LESS20 will give you 20% discount!
.... and pre booking the multi story car park will cost less than £40, but if you arrive and pay it will be well over £120!

BMMC Member since Oct 2001
Marshalled my first Rally on 9th March 2002 (Malcolm Wilson Rally)
Marshalled my first Race on 6th April 2002 (750MC - Oulton Park)
Marshalled my first British F1 GP 18th/20th July 2003
Old 20 Mar 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2656357)   #97
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try Purple Parking web site as we. I use them whenever I fly. Quite reasonable prices and a good service. Been quoted £36 for Heathrow parking.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 20 Mar 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2656370)   #98
Motorsportgirli
Racer

England
Hornsea
Motorsportgirli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHIE44T View Post
Well I dont know whats going on but I AM on the list, but have NOT received an e-mail OR letter YET.

Me either or 2 others i know of, just a case of patience. If it gets to thursday I might just drop BARC an email just to check as its getting tight for the 29th March Deadline Plus my posties a bit on the slow side!
Old 20 Mar 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2656481)   #99
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRPhoto View Post
Just to get in early with a reminder. If you are going from Manchester and leaving the car in an airport car park, using the code LESS20 will give you 20% discount!
.... and pre booking the multi story car park will cost less than £40, but if you arrive and pay it will be well over £120!
STEVE SWALLOW
Last time i used the park and ride which only cost £20.00 for the 4 days and i will be using it again for this meeting but you have to prebook.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2656779)   #100
SRPhoto
Veteran

Wales
Wrexham
SRPhoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss24355261 View Post
STEVE SWALLOW
Last time i used the park and ride which only cost £20.00 for the 4 days and i will be using it again for this meeting but you have to prebook.
I decided to pay a bit extra and park undercover at the T1 multi story, straight in and out the lift to departures. The 20% discount works for all airport car parks

BMMC Member since Oct 2001
Marshalled my first Rally on 9th March 2002 (Malcolm Wilson Rally)
Marshalled my first Race on 6th April 2002 (750MC - Oulton Park)
Marshalled my first British F1 GP 18th/20th July 2003