Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Mar 2011, 17:23 (Ref:2842228)   #76
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Travel costs, Kyalami would be another mega flyaway, Morocco is just the other side of the Med.
im not agree.
from brazil they take the ship until south africa and then from south africa they take again ship until europe.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2842236)   #77
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
my ideal wtcc calendar

1 interlagos (brazil)
2 buenos aires (argentina)
3 kyalami (south africa)
4 algrave/estoril (portugal)
5 jerez (spain)
6 le castellet/petit lemans (france)
7 nurburgring (germany)
8 monza (italy)
9 spa (belgium)
10 donington park (uk)
11 bathurst (australia)
12 suzuka (japan)
13 macu (china)
Old 8 Mar 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2842237)   #78
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-1987 View Post
from brazil they take the ship until south africa and then from south africa they take again ship until europe.
They won't reschedule a new race to happen before Zolder, which means that the freight will be immediately shipped from Brazil to Europe. Logistics for one-off flyaway weekend would not be easy.

Still sucks, thou. This championship is anything but healthy.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2842303)   #79
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Autódromo Gálvez at Buenos Aires is falling apart. However, there will be a street race, so that could be a huge WTCC event in 2012. Plus there's Potrero de los Funes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
WTCC is now a joke. Except nobody is laughing.*

*(except maybe Alan Gow?)
Why would he? He runs a national championship, hardly a rival of a world championship.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2842399)   #80
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Why would he? He runs a national championship, hardly a rival of a world championship.
Ask Harry Vaulkhard.
Kyalami is too far and would require a huge stop between the Brazilian race and the African race and another big stop between the African race and the first European race.
But I do agree that Marrakech is a place where cars get destroyed, which is the worst thing to do if you're an independent based championship like the WTCC is this year.
As for the reschedule, knowing that it's not likely to be in Germany and they'll hardly go back to Magny Cours or Pau, I think these are the tracks they are negotiating with have to be among these:
- Le Castellet (unlikely, I think)
- Spa (but I wouldn't want it, it's too long a track, as has been said)
- Red Bull Ring (might be good and I think it's likely to be one of those they're negotiating with)
- Salzburgring (due to the European Touring Car Championship meetings held there)
- Zandvoort (the WTCC has already been there)
Can anyone think of more tracks likely to be in talks for the replacement of Marrakech?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 00:13 (Ref:2842419)   #81
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a scattergun of ideas here : Motorland Aragon? Zandvoort? Anderstorp? Silverstone? Vallelunga? Slovakiaring? Rijeka? A1-Ring?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2842462)   #82
c8nay
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, England
c8nay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungaroring? As there could be some local interest.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 05:00 (Ref:2842480)   #83
Roy4
Rookie

Australia
Roy4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
As for the reschedule, knowing that it's not likely to be in Germany and they'll hardly go back to Magny Cours or Pau, I think these are the tracks they are negotiating with have to be among these:
- Le Castellet (unlikely, I think)
- Spa (but I wouldn't want it, it's too long a track, as has been said)
- Red Bull Ring (might be good and I think it's likely to be one of those they're negotiating with)
- Salzburgring (due to the European Touring Car Championship meetings held there)
- Zandvoort (the WTCC has already been there)
Can anyone think of more tracks likely to be in talks for the replacement of Marrakech?
The other tracks that I can think of that are in Central Europe that could be a replacement for Marrakech are:
- Slovakiaring (looks like a good track because it diffent variations)
- Hungaroring (the track would be good as it would attract local interest)
- Salzburgring (the ETCC already has been there)
- Rijeka (same as Hongaroring)
Old 9 Mar 2011, 07:00 (Ref:2842502)   #84
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Definitely a rival, because it is about a million times better than the WTCC.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2842550)   #85
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
i have a proposal.
why the wtcc doesnt make a round together with F1 in MONTECARLO???
it would a round all particular but the wtcc could ran saturday and make the qualifying friday when for the F1 is free day.

im sure that a race with F1 could increse lots more the popularity and could give visibility to the series to acquire new sponsor.

for me it could be an interesting idea.

other circuit could be
PETIT LE MANS
ZELTWEG (but i dont like)
AVUS in berlin (if we want see the car in a city)
Old 9 Mar 2011, 09:20 (Ref:2842567)   #86
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Road Atlanta won't never welcome WTCC, and Monte Carlo would be another crashfest a la Porto, Pau, Marrakech, Macau. And they already have a busy enough schedule over there, with FR3.5, GP2 and Supercup running along the F1. Not that WTCC sprints would take too much time itself, but scheduling the inevitable restarts is another matter...
Old 9 Mar 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2842578)   #87
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Road Atlanta won't never welcome WTCC, and Monte Carlo would be another crashfest a la Porto, Pau, Marrakech, Macau. And they already have a busy enough schedule over there, with FR3.5, GP2 and Supercup running along the F1. Not that WTCC sprints would take too much time itself, but scheduling the inevitable restarts is another matter...
Plus, KSO would have to pay a huge amount of money to Ecclestone and couldn't keep the exclusive for Eurosport, since all the events running in F1 weekends are under property of FOM.
Iceman, what differences are there between Marrakech and Montecarlo (aside from the organization, which has nothing to do with us fans) that make you prefer the latter?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2842594)   #88
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

the supercap can be replaced by the wtcc.
ecclestone care only of f1 and he doesnt care of other categories and i dont think he will have lots problems to take off supercap from montecarlo and let space to the wtcc.
and moreover the wtcc is a series that belong to the F.I.A. and montecarlo is not of propriety of ecclestone.
so the F.I.A. should make deal wit montecarlo and then eventually with ecclestone to ask him to renounce at one of those other series to let space to the wtcc.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2842596)   #89
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
Plus, KSO would have to pay a huge amount of money to Ecclestone and couldn't keep the exclusive for Eurosport, since all the events running in F1 weekends are under property of FOM.
Iceman, what differences are there between Marrakech and Montecarlo (aside from the organization, which has nothing to do with us fans) that make you prefer the latter?
i repeat that im against all city circuits, infact im not agree to alternate algrave with porto because the circuit of porto is ridiculus. i would conserve only macau.

the difference between montecarlo and marrakech would be that in marocco people use the car of 30 years ago and i dont know how many interesting can be for the team to race in a place like that.
in montecarlo i said before
first of all there could be more visibility for all the team the manufacture and the sponsor;
then the opportunity to increase the wtcc popularity;
then the possibility to acquire new other sponsor.

and if it is not possible for this year i would considerer this idea for the future.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2842600)   #90
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
the main problem to choose which circuit use to replace marrakech is given by the lenght of wtcc races.
until i will die i will continue to support that 50 km are really few.
and as consequence the wtcc cant run in the best circuit as suzuka (long circuit), or spa because otherwise there would be few laps (as in monza when there are just 9 laps).

do u agree or not?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 10:15 (Ref:2842602)   #91
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Do you even know that Ecclestone does the deals and the FIA only certifies that the track can be used by F1 cars?
Plus, the Porsche Supercup has been with F1 for decades and Ecclestone wouldn't want to upset them by taking the most prestigeous event off the calendar just for the sake of another championship, organized by a TV he doesn't sell rights to and off which he has not to earn, whereas Porsche pay a lot of money to be there.
Montecarlo would be a great idea, but it's just not possible for all the reasons I mentioned above. If anymore, Ecclestone wouldn't want to advertise another World Championship other than his, would he?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2842647)   #92
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope they'll pick the Salzburgring; the ETCC races there were awesome!
Old 9 Mar 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2842686)   #93
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
I hope they'll pick the Salzburgring; the ETCC races there were awesome!
I like that track too! And it's one of the likely to be picked, together with the renewed Red Bull Ring
Old 9 Mar 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2842831)   #94
fatbee
Rookie

England
Hong Kong
fatbee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry wrong post... deleted

Last edited by fatbee; 9 Mar 2011 at 17:36.
Old 13 Apr 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2862901)   #95
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this morning it was decide that Hungary was the replacement round. the Hungaroring will host this race on the dates that Marrackech was due to have.
Old 13 Apr 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2862903)   #96
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
this morning it was decide that Hungary was the replacement round. the Hungaroring will host this race on the dates that Marrackech was due to have.
Touring Car Times already confirmed this three weeks ago.

Not the worst place to go, but don't expect too many people to turn up.
Old 13 Apr 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2862908)   #97
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Er no they didn't, they posted a guess based on another sites report. It was only announced this morning.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2864190)   #98
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must ask, does anyone know the last time a major international motorsport series' season calendar was chopped and changed as much as the 2011 WTCC calendar?

We've had Buenos Aires, Zolder, Curitiba, Interlagos, Curitiba, Marrakech, Hungaroring....have I missed anything?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2864351)   #99
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A1GP :P They seemed to decide on a week-by-week basis where they were going to race!
Old 16 Apr 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2864381)   #100
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
A1GP :P They seemed to decide on a week-by-week basis where they were going to race!
fair point, though technically they were more into cancelling races altogether rather than replacing them with boring european tracks