This one you didn't see it coming!
Attached Thumbnails
Yabucoa_Full_U.jpg  
Old 14 Mar 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2845346)   #77
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I take it this is CCW judging by the run-offs?

If so, it's looking nice. I'd personally make one or two tweaks:

*First off, I think T1 is great, as well as T2/3. I think drivers could have a really good dice through there.
*The kinks down the mid-section of the track could come slightly earlier to potentially open up an overtaking op on T15 (?)
*Similar concept goes for the chicane after T15 down the straight. Perhaps have it slightly earlier, potentially opening up the final hairpin as a little more of an overtaking op

Selby
Old 14 Mar 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2845349)   #78
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Here's my edit

I really like it mate, just the two things i'd change is the kink/chicane positioning. It's a pretty crude edit but there you go!

Selby
--
Just noticed, my original message is still there lol
Attached Thumbnails
luig ed.jpg  
Old 14 Mar 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2845422)   #79
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's pretty good Selby, I totally see your points and they're valid. My original idea about the kink was to reduce approaching speed to the middle section, but there's enough room to safely approach that section anyway.Thanks for getting involved.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2852550)   #80
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Another one of my "Spaniard" tracks, nothing special, just hope it works and provides good racing,and the best safety possible. this one is

2.79 miles
12 mt wide
CCW
Attached Thumbnails
Yabucoa_Full_1.jpg   Yabucoa_Full_1a.jpg  
Old 26 Mar 2011, 03:14 (Ref:2853332)   #81
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
I'm hurrying up a little bit for my 4-a-month commitment though it's basically the same framework...

Here's a couple of different attempts at the same land.All the versions are using a certain design that don't need bridges to access the paddock, yet the pit exit and entering are in the correct side, that's a must on my designs.

Here's take 3...

2.99 Miles
CCW
The rest you can see.based on the "horseshoe" design.
Attached Thumbnails
Yabucoa_Full_2.jpg  
Old 26 Mar 2011, 03:16 (Ref:2853333)   #82
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Fourth attempt.Same parameters.
Yes I know it's heavily influenced by Cataluna, many of the new tracks are, like Portimao and Istambul for example and they're regarded as top flight tracks for all motor sports.

2.45 Miles
CCW
Based on the "S" design.
Attached Thumbnails
Yabucoa_Full_3.jpg  
Old 26 Mar 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2853572)   #83
AFC-911
Racer

AFC-911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
This one you didn't see it coming!

IMG

Is it just me or is it very reminiscent of Infineon?
Old 29 Mar 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2855426)   #84
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "Spaniard" track is very Jarama, but in a good way.

I like the "4th attempt" track the best of your recent bunch. The only things I'd change is reshaping the right hander Turn 11 at the end of the kinked backstraight into a hairpin, whilst replacing the penultimate corner with a curve of bigger radius.

Those wiggly Esses of your "Take 3" track are beautiful. Yet they feel out of place in such a geometric facility. I wonder if it were also possible to create a wiggly facility with a select few geometrical bits.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2855511)   #85
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
The "Spaniard" track is very Jarama, but in a good way.

I like the "4th attempt" track the best of your recent bunch. The only things I'd change is reshaping the right hander Turn 11 at the end of the kinked backstraight into a hairpin, whilst replacing the penultimate corner with a curve of bigger radius.

Those wiggly Esses of your "Take 3" track are beautiful. Yet they feel out of place in such a geometric facility. I wonder if it were also possible to create a wiggly facility with a select few geometrical bits.
Incredible ah!
I have the same idea of mixing up wiggly sections and geometric sections but I have yet to produce a good wiggly section comparable of the ones I've seen around here from many posters.

As of 4th attempt, I am not happy with the ultra tight hairpin just before last turn, I want larger radiused right handers to compensate for tire wear on bikes therefore I find you suggestion non-optimal in my criteria but I'd like to apply that in the last couple of corners where I don't like the ultra tight radiused pin head.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 06:55 (Ref:2855721)   #86
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Take 2 is my favourite by a long way...
The others are all good in a general way, with nice options and good execution but if I was looking for something that would grab me its no. 2....

No. 3 is the next best ...just an opinion.
Old 31 Mar 2011, 02:40 (Ref:2856168)   #87
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
The others are all good in a general way, with nice options and good execution but if I was looking for something that would grab me its no. 2....

I got mixed up wit numbers

which one is "take 2" the Jarama sister or "Infineon"

BTW I did take the edit comments and though not exactly I did some tweaks on my "Catalunya/Magny Cours" track, just looking for more radius and less start/stop , this one is starting to grow up as my personal favorite, for whatever reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Yabucoa_Full_3.jpg  
Old 31 Mar 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2856324)   #88
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
What can I say? It's brilliant. I don't think i'd change anything mate.

The backstraight really reminds me of Assen before it got chopped up! T9 looks an absolute blast.

Selby
Old 1 Apr 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2857058)   #89
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

The take 2 was the 2.79 mile track, the take 3 the 2.99 mile one.

Looking again at the 2.45 mile one its also good, but my initial response was that I liked the 2.79 mile one the most, despite it appearing like a series of loops. I think it would provide close exciting racing.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 01:04 (Ref:2857602)   #90
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
The take 2 was the 2.79 mile track, the take 3 the 2.99 mile one.

Looking again at the 2.45 mile one its also good, but my initial response was that I liked the 2.79 mile one the most, despite it appearing like a series of loops. I think it would provide close exciting racing.
Ohh thanks!!
I thought no one would like that one because of "too geometric" but that was my first try and was intended as a nice boxing ring where you can show your skills in a variety of challenges. Thats what I like of scientific tracks, they're designed for racing, nothing left by chance, though I reckon most people around here like organic, natural tracks.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 02:45 (Ref:2858345)   #91
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Helo April...let's see if I can keep up with the 4-a moth commitment...

This one is a simple variation of the "S" design,2.25 miles, 13 turn track, CCW, 13 turns, 8 lefts 5 rights, 810 mt main straight , it has most of my signature features, it may look like any other of my tracks because...um...it's one of my tracks
I'm looking for speed in this one, no complicated loops, not too treacherous , not too simple either, I managed a fair balance of r-l turns, I have my high speed directional changes, Thy Holy Hairpin, increasing radius, DA's, multi A's and whatnot. I think it would be fun to ride, I designed it from inside the cockpit of a bike, thinking of what would I like to face in a track, without having to put an I.V. after each session....
Attached Thumbnails
april3.jpg  

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 4 Apr 2011 at 02:53.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2858432)   #92
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
Helo April...let's see if I can keep up with the 4-a moth commitment...

This one is a simple variation of the "S" design,2.25 miles, 13 turn track, CCW, 13 turns, 8 lefts 5 rights, 810 mt main straight , it has most of my signature features, it may look like any other of my tracks because...um...it's one of my tracks
I'm looking for speed in this one, no complicated loops, not too treacherous , not too simple either, I managed a fair balance of r-l turns, I have my high speed directional changes, Thy Holy Hairpin, increasing radius, DA's, multi A's and whatnot. I think it would be fun to ride, I designed it from inside the cockpit of a bike, thinking of what would I like to face in a track, without having to put an I.V. after each session....
Exactly what I like. Not too long, interesting corners, and a basic unfussy layout that allows drivers to swing from corner to corner in a flowing manner.
I think this is the best of everything you have done this year!
Old 7 Apr 2011, 07:57 (Ref:2860026)   #93
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I like it.

I think it's definitely more of a motorcycle track than a car track at first glance.

I think for something like the F1's or single seaters for that matter, just bypassing 7-8 by adding a straightaway down to 9 could work quite well as an overtaking op.

It would kind of turn in to quite a small, old-skool style GP track.

I like!

I think T3 could be really interesting on the opening lap after T2.

Selby
Old 7 Apr 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2860238)   #94
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

I think T3 could be really interesting on the opening lap after T2.

Selby
Yeah!! thanks

I'm not too much of a fan of T1 being an overtaking spot, I like to see a couple of flowing corners before any real overtaking spot, to prevent T1 pileups as much as possible.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 07:16 (Ref:2863588)   #95
Yannick
Veteran

4a: I like the shape of it. Yet, I'd like to suggest scaling it up and changing it into an airfield circuit by placing the longest straight on the runway and moving the pits onto the 2nd longest straight (the one on the right). For that configuration, I'd also like to suggest changing direction to anticlockwise. I'm kind of curious what kind of a shortcut you can come up with for a National Circuit for touring cars on a track like that.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 01:58 (Ref:2904548)   #96
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Just made one attempt at drawing something on a piece of land, this would be a simple track, CCW, 2.33 miles 13 turns circuit intended for regional affairs.I tried to put a little bit of everything needed, tricky T1, increasing rad T2, fast T3, a wide open chicane as T4-5 some big esses as T7-8 a stop-and-go T8 a mongo fast right hander T9, a tricky DA as T10-T11 ,a hard braking T12 opening up to a Increasing rad last corner. That be a lap.
Attached Thumbnails
san juan.jpg   San_Juan_Track.JPG  

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 23 Jun 2011 at 02:05.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2905891)   #97
Yannick
Veteran

This one's shape reminds me slightly of the Buenos Aires track. Thus, it's got a very South American vibe to it. Considering it's designed by you, am I guessing right that it's somewhere in the Southern hemisphere?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 03:54 (Ref:2909039)   #98
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
This one's shape reminds me slightly of the Buenos Aires track. Thus, it's got a very South American vibe to it. Considering it's designed by you, am I guessing right that it's somewhere in the Southern hemisphere?
Just PR, right in front of the largest mall
Old 1 Aug 2011, 02:38 (Ref:2934268)   #99
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Hi guys, been some time since I've been inactive, I'll just throw a couple of sketches I did for a friend. I was trying to fit a club circuit into a certain space, managed to lay out 2.8Km and it's already kind of tight, though precautions have been taken to make it as safe as possible, the two parallel straights (ugh!) are 12 M apart and the corner just before it (T5) is an decreasing radius coming from a "slow" section, so I don't foresee any problems with 12 meters of gravel, the other corner, T6 , there's some 50 meters of space till the next section, I would put a barrier after 35 meters of gravel,coming from just 392 m of straight into a decreasing radius turn, that should suffice. The rest pretty much you can see.This would not be a graphic showcase, just a circuit idea.

EDIT: Before anyone jumps out of their seats..the drag direction is going to be reversed!! Nobody wants to race over the byte!

Comment please.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2934418)   #100
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is any of the land beyond the drag strip available... just a thought that you could open it up a bit for not much more distance by having the short straight on the drag strip with the main straight and pit a little further away. The main straight of the circuit could also work as the return road for the drag strip, and be an access point to the drag's pit area at the same time.