cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whoops, me too.
Old 29 May 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2887706)   #77
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen online, I follow him on twitter too.
Well done Dan!
Old 29 May 2011, 20:42 (Ref:2887762)   #78
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a great race, kept me entertained the whole way through. Sucks for J.R. to lose it in such a fashion. Great for Dan, and perhaps an even bigger kick in the crotch to Panther that it is the former driver of the number four that steals the win after a driver error costs them the race. A lot of cool stories, and highly entertaining.

Overall the drivers seemed to show some maturity that I hadn't expected from them considering the strange contact we've seen this year.

Chris
Old 29 May 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2887812)   #79
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was excited when I thought Baguette and then Hildebrand would win it, but I knew he was going to crash, as he went by Kimball I said to my Sis "he's too high up" and when he indeed hit the wall I was speechless, absolutely gobsmacked.
Delighted for Wheldon and Herta and the boys and girls at BHA, it's good to see an Indy one-off win the race
Old 30 May 2011, 01:23 (Ref:2887890)   #80
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unbelievable end to the race... At 5:30am, my eyes were wide open... Just stunning... Could not comprehend it.

So sorry for JR... It's going to hurt for a while... At least until he wins one! I really hope he does one day...

And it seems Ryan Briscoe used up all of his good luck at Chicagoland in 2005... Because it seems clear he only has bad luck left.
Old 30 May 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2887892)   #81
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crikey, what an ending! Got to feel for JR...Cruel
Old 30 May 2011, 01:35 (Ref:2887894)   #82
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the wrong thread guys, I made the same mistake.
Old 30 May 2011, 02:34 (Ref:2887906)   #83
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
as he went by Kimball I said to my Sis "he's too high up" and when he indeed hit the wall I was speechless, absolutely gobsmacked.
Replace the word "Sis" with "Mom" and that was me. I too was cheering for Baguette, and then Hildebrand. It was truly a wild race, fantastic finish and to the driver's credit, where I doubted them, they came through with it on the double file restarts.

Chris
Old 30 May 2011, 03:01 (Ref:2887913)   #84
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Congrads to Dan and Bryan -- I've been a big Bryan Herta fan over the years and now to see him win the 500 albeit as an owner is great! And now Dan has joined much more elite Indy company with his second win! Congrads to them both.
Old 30 May 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2888106)   #85
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is quite sad however that a British driver wins the Indy 500 AGAIN (for what? the fourth or fifth time in ten years?) and you will struggle to find a story on it on British media websites.

Old 30 May 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2888114)   #86
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The situation of the fuel in the final laps was a little strange...Hildebrand and Franchitti pitted at the same lap, but in the final laps #4 runs more or less normal, and Dario was at a crawl and had to stop...Wheldon was the first to pit for the entire race, and then he was the best at the end...how did Dixon lose three positions on the last lap if he made the last pit after Wheldon? I think Hildebrand has been made ​​himself to take the heat, partly because he was not sure of what was the situation behind him...classic rookie mistake... the last victory of a non Penske, Ganassi or Andretti team when was? Glen 2009, right?

PS: it was my impression, or the track yesterday seemed really dirty, especially in the first two turns?
Old 30 May 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2888289)   #87
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
It is quite sad however that a British driver wins the Indy 500 AGAIN (for what? the fourth or fifth time in ten years?) and you will struggle to find a story on it on British media websites.

Four wins for British drivers in the last six Indys.
Old 30 May 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2888335)   #88
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
The situation of the fuel in the final laps was a little strange...Hildebrand and Franchitti pitted at the same lap, but in the final laps #4 runs more or less normal, and Dario was at a crawl and had to stop...Wheldon was the first to pit for the entire race, and then he was the best at the end...how did Dixon lose three positions on the last lap if he made the last pit after Wheldon? I think Hildebrand has been made ​​himself to take the heat, partly because he was not sure of what was the situation behind him...classic rookie mistake... the last victory of a non Penske, Ganassi or Andretti team when was? Glen 2009, right?

PS: it was my impression, or the track yesterday seemed really dirty, especially in the first two turns?
Wheldon and JR were brilliant on fuel economy the last two stints, IIRC. Nothing to back that up, just something I remember from the broadcast.

I think the track was as clean as it has been for a couple years, in terms of getting rid of the marbles. I think it was probably the greenest track we've had in a couple years though, with all the rain in the month of May around Indy.

Chris
Old 31 May 2011, 06:21 (Ref:2888499)   #89
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darios final laps performance might have suffered from a not so good tire pressure. Happens a lot, especially if tires ain't pre-heated
Old 31 May 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2888757)   #90
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The commentary was disastrously disorganised and badly informed. They seemed to make categorical contradictory statesments regarding the fuel mileage of the leaders. I'd much prefer it if they admit they weren't sure.
Old 31 May 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2888787)   #91
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
That is Marty Reid, Eddie Cheever and Scott Goodyear, for ya'!

Chris