Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Mar 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3043308)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As an aside.. I wonder how Nissan might view KR's withdrawal of 2 cars from the racing in 2 weekends? I get that each car (Mr Murphy's at Clipsal and Mr Reindler's at the AGP) were hurt in their prangs... but other teams had worse looking damage (BOC?) and managed to get a raceable unit back on the grid to put on a show.

Will KR have to step up their crew skill set to make sure that accident damaged cars can get back on the grid, to keep the carmaker name out in the world and circulating?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3043385)   #77
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect Nissan like most other fair minded people recognise the difficulties of repairing a damaged car at a circuit. Better off to get it back to the workshop asap and rebuild thoroughly for the next meeting.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 01:01 (Ref:3043419)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
I suspect Nissan like most other fair minded people recognise the difficulties of repairing a damaged car at a circuit. Better off to get it back to the workshop asap and rebuild thoroughly for the next meeting.
I get that too, but some teams successfully attempt repairs on cars with arguably worse damage than the #51 & #11 have encountered...

BJR rebuilt #8 at the circuit at Clipsal, then brought her home, checked everything & then chose to rebuild her again... but #8 was on the grid for the race, got some points, and some exposure...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 01:21 (Ref:3043445)   #79
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewards Summary

Quote:
Following an investigation and an admission that James Courtney Car #22 had driven in a careless manner, contact on Car #1 Jamie Whincup, the Stewards imposed the penalty of the addition of a 50 second PLP time to be added to the Race 3 time of Car #22 James Courtney.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 01:33 (Ref:3043458)   #80
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I get that too, but some teams successfully attempt repairs on cars with arguably worse damage than the #51 & #11 have encountered...

BJR rebuilt #8 at the circuit at Clipsal, then brought her home, checked everything & then chose to rebuild her again... but #8 was on the grid for the race, got some points, and some exposure...
What do Vodafone think about missing a car in Hamilton 2008?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 01:51 (Ref:3043472)   #81
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just pointing out that whincup is paying $101 for the win, he starts tenth
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:10 (Ref:3043497)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
What do Vodafone think about missing a car in Hamilton 2008?
There wasnt one straight panel on that car after the crash... some thought at the time it may have been a throwaway... and the team's workshop wasnt a 20 minute drive up the road either...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:11 (Ref:3043498)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
just pointing out that whincup is paying $101 for the win, he starts tenth
How much do you have invested?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:13 (Ref:3043503)   #84
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
How much do you have invested?
if i put $1000 on it i would win as much as the winner of the race for a much smaller investment

think FPR should take out an insurance policy
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:14 (Ref:3043506)   #85
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What time are the v8 races today? Hope they're on soon, sick of watching those idiots on the couch.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:15 (Ref:3043508)   #86
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can anyone help with a link for the V8SC race at Melbourne (live if possible)?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:17 (Ref:3043510)   #87
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Still stickering the Rusty-mobile....
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3043512)   #88
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
about to start.

there is live timing from the v8 website, thats all i know about
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3043513)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
What time are the v8 races today? Hope they're on soon, sick of watching those idiots on the couch.
One race,
13:20 - 13:55 MSS Security V8 SUPERCAR CHALLENGE Race 4 (35 mins)
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3043515)   #90
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
They are on the grid now-assuming ten is actually live...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:23 (Ref:3043524)   #91
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
in theory jamie should have some good tyres, assuming he didnt waste them yesterday after the stack
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:31 (Ref:3043534)   #92
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
One race,
13:20 - 13:55 MSS Security V8 SUPERCAR CHALLENGE Race 4 (35 mins)
Thanks. For some reason I thought there was five races this weekend.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:02 (Ref:3043624)   #93
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Channel 10 showing Bright v Wall whilst SVG passed GT for the lead.......brilliant ?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:22 (Ref:3043654)   #94
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope 10 don't get the rights to the Taxis when it is renewed. This whole telecast is crap. They cross during a race for a F1 driver interview (fair enough they want to show the interview) but why cant they show the interview instead of crossing over to the wannabes from Young Talent Time or crossing to the swimming. Do we have to meet every wannabe from 10's line up ! If they are going to show a race, show it, don't bast...ise the coverage !
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:30 (Ref:3043660)   #95
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordo View Post
I hope 10 don't get the rights to the Taxis when it is renewed. This whole telecast is crap. They cross during a race for a F1 driver interview (fair enough they want to show the interview) but why cant they show the interview instead of crossing over to the wannabes from Young Talent Time or crossing to the swimming. Do we have to meet every wannabe from 10's line up ! If they are going to show a race, show it, don't bast...ise the coverage !
Have to agree. Their support category coverage is quite average.

But in a way i can see why they'd do it, the F1 coverage is the important bit, the rest dont really matter.

Little things like non transparent timing/positions (there was one point in earlier V8 races that you couldn't even see the cars for 3 corners)
3 Ad breaks in a 15 lap race is about on par with channel 7.

You would hope that, if they did go for the rights, they'd step up their game abit more, as opposed to a single support event.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:00 (Ref:3043671)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R4

Looks like peckstar has done his $1000?

So... to the points.. Here

Mr Winterbottom gets the $100k 1st prize... what do the others get? Mr van Gisbergen was only 2 points off the win...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:04 (Ref:3043672)   #97
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The winner of the V8 Supercars Challenge will claim a massive $100,000, second place $50,000, third place $25,000 and fourth onwards will receive $13,000 each.
MEGA MONEY WITH EXTRA SECURITY SUPPORT FOR AGP

oh i only spent $1, i will still be able to eat this week
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:07 (Ref:3043673)   #98
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:08 (Ref:3043674)   #99
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
MEGA MONEY WITH EXTRA SECURITY SUPPORT FOR AGP

oh i only spent $1, i will still be able to eat this week
$50,000 for 2nd place? That's more money than Ford put in for the #9 for the AGP event
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:23 (Ref:3043678)   #100
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Channel 10 showing Bright v Wall whilst SVG passed GT for the lead.......brilliant ?
The best part about that was them talking about it as if SVG had been leading the whole time anyway.