Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Apr 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3066042)   #76
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
is there like a timetable for this race

btw looking at that schedule, is the Spanish GT grid only gonna share the track with IGTO for race 1, not the second?
Old 27 Apr 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3066044)   #77
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here you go http://www.gtopen.net/
Old 27 Apr 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3066327)   #78
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
gt open and spanish gt will race together in Portimão and Barcelona.

If you're lucky all races will be there. All are being video taped for Motorstv.

I will have photos to share from a wet Portimão but promising weekend a bit later.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3066351)   #79
LGY
Rookie

LGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi every one,

My name is Brian and I manage the new MKT sector for GT open and F3 Open.

I tought that it was a nice idea to join this forum and inform you directly here about the news regarding this championship and answer your questions directly if required.

Regarding the season I'm happy to inform you that we will have
4 manufacturers directly involved on the championship on SuperGT,
Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin and Lotus.
We will have a stable grid of 30-34 cars, and we won't accept more
Six new cars are expected to start from next race in Nurbunrging,
including some nice surprises.

Weka Racing unfortunately will not compete during this event has the teams hasn't got enought time to recover the cars from the last weekend races in DutchSupercars Championship.

Regarding Web streaming you can watch for free the races without any geo-block here www.live.gtopen.net with english commentary provided directly from the track.

A web tv www.gtopen.TV is also available for all the people outside US boarders with HD videos shooted during the events and not provided on TV.

You will have also the option to chat with the commentators during the transmissions using the box on the right.

Regarding TV i'm listing here all the coverage for this event,
unfortunately some deals especially for South America will start only from next event...

2012 INTL GT OPEN TV COVERAGE
COUNTRY
TV NAME
TECHNICAL REACH
Pan European
MotorsTV
LIVE + DEFERRED
of which UK & Ireland

LIVE + DEFERRED
of which France

LIVE + DEFERRED

Germany
Sport 1+
LIVE + DEFERRED
Italy
RAI Sport
LIVE + DEFERRED
Italy
Primocanale (Sky 515)
LIVE + DEFERRED
Spain
Canal Plus Deportes
LIVE + DEFERRED
Spain
Teledeporte (RTVE)
LIVE + DEFERRED
Spain
SportmanÃ*a
LIVE + DEFERRED
UK & Ireland
Premiere Sport
LIVE + DEFERRED
Portugal
Sport TV
LIVE + DEFERRED
Finland
Nelonen PRO
LIVE + DEFERRED
Norway & Nordic Countries
Canal Motor
LIVE + DEFERRED
Sweden Norway
Viasat Sport/ MotorHD
DEFERRED
Poland
Orange Sport
LIVE + DEFERRED
Romania
DIGI Sport HD Romania
LIVE + DEFERRED
Hungary
DIGI Sport HD Hungary
LIVE + DEFERRED
Czeck Republic & Slovakia
DIGI Sport
LIVE + DEFERRED
Czeck Republic & Slovakia
Sport5
LIVE + DEFERRED
Switzerland (Italian)
Teleticino
LIVE + DEFERRED
Turkey
Sports TV
LIVE + DEFERRED
Lebanon
MTV Lebanon

LIVE + DEFERRED
Global Free Sat
MTV AL Lubnaniya World
LIVE + DEFERRED
PAN Africa
Setanta Africa
LIVE + DEFERRED
USA
SPEED 2 USA
DEFERRED
Australia
SPEED Australia
NA
DEFERRED
Pan Indian
TenSports
DEFERRED
Central and South America
TYC
LIVE TBC

TOTAL REACH LIVE
Households
TOTAL REACH deferred
Households
LIVE
Countries
DEFERRED
Countries

You can follow us on twitter @GT_Open https://twitter.com/#!/GT_Open
or on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/internationalGTOpen

Regarding rules and BOP you will find every detail here http://gtopen.net/page.php?cat=2

The video of today freePractice is here: http://www.gtopen.tv/index.php?gara=189&s1=2

If you have any question feel free to ask!

Last edited by LGY; 27 Apr 2012 at 22:19.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3066388)   #80
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Brian

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining the fans and giving direct information rather than rumours which normally abound.

You said that you wont accept any more... are you not accepting new cars, or teams?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3066458)   #81
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Not accepting more cars seems strange to me, especially with big tracks like the Nurburgring, Spa and Barcelona. Can you tell us a bit more about that decision Brian? Thx.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3066460)   #82
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's up with people spinning all the time in this quali?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3066464)   #83
Deleted
Veteran

Fantastic quality on the stream once you click the HD option... ACO feeds look like total jokes compared to this service!!

I hoped the bigger restrictors for GT2s would've made them stand out a bit more, GT3s are too close...
Old 28 Apr 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3066468)   #84
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
too close?
they're ahead

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Apr 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3066470)   #85
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Peter Kox almost on pole in a GT3 ahead of the GT2 cars. Im not sure what kind of restrictions and BOP GTOpen has but this is adding fuel to the arguement that GT3s are getting faster than GT2s.

I dont understand the building of spec built GT2s if the GT3 which share more road cars parts and surely cost less are going to be faster??
Old 28 Apr 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3066472)   #86
Deleted
Veteran

Veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
too close?
they're ahead
Yup... makes me a sad panda!

Not sure if Manthey is impressed

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Apr 2012 at 10:37.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3066497)   #87
LGY
Rookie

LGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

I'm glad you liked the new web streaming,
will ne one of my best efforts during this season to provide you the best quality we can have!

Unfortunately we won't be able to provide the full HD every time as it depends a lot on the connection we got directly on the tracks!!

Regarding the times of the SuperGT the pole has been set in 1.43 during the first qualifying, so between two professional SuperGT and GTs there is a second.

Here you can download the q1 times : http://gtopen.net/contenuti/files/AL...GTO_Qual_1.pdf

( You obviously understand that on the Gallardo there was Peter the "extraterrestrian" Kox! )

regarding the cap of 35 cars:

there are many reason that I will try to explain you during next week when I will be less occupied than now on the track,
but consider mainly that our focus is to provide the maximum attention and revenue for every driver and team involved in the series, in line to give them the rights tools to gain money for what they do ( the teams) and gain money from sponshorships (the drivers)

(As an example our championship offers a media exposure on TV that allows easily to express a value of 703€ for each SECOND the car is being shoted on TV during the broadcasting.)

For this reason we only chose the best tracks with the best paddock services and with the best hotellery services near the circuit.
We organize on the same events also the European F3 Open ( 26cars!!) and we do have with us the FIA F2.
The main issue then will be that even on the main tracks we visit during the season there will not be enough space to provide high standard "let say accomodation" for the teams on the paddock!

Beside that make a qualifying session with 50cars on the grid (1 car each 100m...) will kill the sportivity of the events as There will be for sure on pole the only luky guy who had found a clean lap!

And I tell you that as a driver!

Cheers

Brian
Old 28 Apr 2012, 13:50 (Ref:3066534)   #88
Deleted
Veteran

Race 1 broadcast started... looking a bit grim out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswalker
we are nice and dry in the com box. heavy rain now at Portimao
Old 28 Apr 2012, 15:17 (Ref:3066565)   #89
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Not sure if Manthey is impressed
Well now they are... victory on first outing.

The race itself was quite good all things considered, GT3s weren't as quick as I feared
Old 28 Apr 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3066566)   #90
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First win for the current GT3RSR.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 18:42 (Ref:3066654)   #91
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there any way to watch the races after broadcast? I only woke up about an hour ago and the race was apparently 5 hours ago
Old 28 Apr 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3066655)   #92
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep good start from Manthey. Wish they would run this car in the ELMS/LM, especially with Tandy on-board.

Shame Pronk binned the Lambo on lap 1 after the good work that Kox did. He's getting quite used to this kind of scenario now.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3066660)   #93
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Manthey got a drive thru for changing tires when they made their mandatory driver change which is not allowed. The drive thru took less time then a stop to change tires would have taken. So they kind of stole the win. However no other team has a tandem like Holzer-Tandy so they are big favourites. Shame AFCorse dropped off after the tire change.

As for Pronk all I know is he stopped on circuit on the first green lap due to damage from contact. Was it his fault?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3066666)   #94
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
As for Pronk all I know is he stopped on circuit on the first green lap due to damage from contact. Was it his fault?
Pronk did have contact - with the wall! Lost it all on his own on exit at the top of the hill and clouted the wall.

Agreed on Manthey. Very few all-pro teams make them resounding favourites.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3066677)   #95
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Manthey got a drive thru for changing tires when they made their mandatory driver change which is not allowed. The drive thru took less time then a stop to change tires would have taken. So they kind of stole the win.
I beg to differ. Manthey (like any good team) used the rules to their advantage. If the rule makers make poorly written or designed rules, then it is to be expected that "clued up" teams will use them to their advantage.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3066683)   #96
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
i have no idea how this is worded in the rules but being a rookie to GT Open probably explains why this happened. only them and the Portuguese team that runs the Lambos did this.
The next race they probably won't make the mistake lol.
But like I said the only team capable of racing them is Vilander/Leo in the Ferrari. All the others have more amateur co-drivers.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3066691)   #97
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I'm not too sure. The rain was favorable to the Porsche, and Olaf is very smart man. In the dry , I suspect the RSR will be much more off the pace. Lets see what the second race brings.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3066694)   #98
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Is there any way to watch the races after broadcast? I only woke up about an hour ago and the race was apparently 5 hours ago
look on the gtopen tv http://www.gtopen.tv/index.php?gara=189&s1=2
Old 28 Apr 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3066701)   #99
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I'm not too sure. The rain was favorable to the Porsche, and Olaf is very smart man. In the dry , I suspect the RSR will be much more off the pace. Lets see what the second race brings.
Funny that, it was at the start in the wet conditions that the Porsche's were struggling, only once it started to dry up did Holzer catch the leaders back up.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3066713)   #100
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont really understand how Manthey went through the pit phase quicker if they did a pit stop and a drive through?

Or was it because they picked up new tyres and none else did, can someone please explain?