Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Oct 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3148856)   #76
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More importantly, what is going to be the mildly-comical 2013 blunder from the ACO?
Old 9 Oct 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3148867)   #77
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
More importantly, what is going to be the mildly-comical 2013 blunder from the ACO?
They already did: allowing the FIA to move the race back one weekend for a Grand Prix that will not take place (New Jersey).
Old 9 Oct 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3148916)   #78
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So did anyone's ticket turn black?
Like Vince I put mine on the south facing study windowsill, looking forward to seeing it turn black. After a couple of weeks of no discernible difference I called a halt to the experiment...
Old 9 Oct 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3148924)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know about you Ian, but I feel 'cheated' somehow.......
Old 9 Oct 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3148999)   #80
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't know about you Ian, but I feel 'cheated' somehow.......
Ayse if that's how you feel, i'll happily paint it black for you
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3149023)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who d'you think you are, Mick Jagger?
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3149027)   #82
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Who d'you think you are, Mick Jagger?
Are you saying i got a big mouth!?
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3149028)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, I guess you're just too young to pick up the significance.....
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3149032)   #84
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
No, I guess you're just too young to pick up the significance.....
I noticed it as i wrote it. It made me put on the record and listen to the song (and by record i mean a Vinyl Record)
I'm very old for my age
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3149044)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a great record - one of the Stones' best, IMO. I have it on vinyl too somewhere - up in the lift probably!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3149046)   #86
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
It's a great record - one of the Stones' best, IMO. I have it on vinyl too somewhere - up in the lift probably!
The one i got is Rolled Gold from my old man. I proudly inherited the best of his vinyl collection and his Rega Planet player. He didn't use it, so i fixed it, and now i use it. Not many of my age have heard an actual vinyl record play!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3149049)   #87
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The one i got is Rolled Gold from my old man. I proudly inherited the best of his vinyl collection and his Rega Planet player. He didn't use it, so i fixed it, and now i use it. Not many of my age have heard an actual vinyl record play!
At risk of straying massively off topic - very impressed by your turntable. Had a Rega Planar back in my audiophile youth, before I ended up succumbing to the allure of things digital.

And yes Andrew - a feeling of being cheated was present when I dismantled said experiment... Maybe we'll get properly photochromic ones next year.
Old 2 May 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3241714)   #88
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
In Belgium it was quite sunny the last few days, but I didn't dare to test my tickets for this year's race. Anyone had more courage than me, or will the tickets be fail-safe this year?
Old 2 May 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3241720)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think the problem was sorted out last year, after the test day brought it every ones attention, this years are slightly different
Old 2 May 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3241807)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep.

They turn green.........

Old 3 May 2013, 06:27 (Ref:3241971)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yep.

They turn green.........

Is that to fit in with the EU's enviromental orders or do they just go mouldy

Old 3 May 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3242094)   #92
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to jump in here with some science (assuming someone hasn't already done so - I didn't read the whole thread).

I work in retail IT, and I deal with all manner of thermal printers for sales receipts, price tags and the like.

The paper used for thermal based printing reacts to heat.
They have a printhead that is, essentially, a small heater. It heats the paper in certain spots and the paper reacts by turning black in the heated locations, which is the printout you see on your receipt or whatever (in this case parking passes & tickets for the world's greatest motor race!)

The passes aren't reacting to the sunlight, specifically. It's the heat from the sun that will cause them to blacken. Furthermore, the windshield will amplify the heat from the sun, causing the temperature to rise. That means that a warm sunny day will cause the paper to blacken faster.

There are some thermal paper stocks that are more reactive to heat than others. I don't know why some stocks are more sensitive to environmental heat than others, but I've seen it.

The best solution is for the ticketing office to print tickets on paper that is not thermal-reactive. If the paper doesn't react to heat, it's not going to blacken on the dashboard of your car on a weekend in July.
Don't know if they're going to change out all their hardware for this year or not.

I'd really like to go to LeMans this year to find out. Alas, tis not in the cards for me....
Old 3 May 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3242144)   #93
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Hunny I've got to go away for a work thing"

"Where?"

"Oh, just ... Le Mans, ba bye now"
Old 10 Jun 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3418184)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If anyone has already posted this, forgive me - but we parked up in parking bleu for several hours this afternoon and our ticket has turned substantially black in the sun/heat - you have been warned - AGAIN!
Old 10 Jun 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3418186)   #95
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"The traditional annual ticket turning black thread"
Old 10 Jun 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3418189)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Did it happen to anyone last year? Probably not - it was too cold!
Old 10 Jun 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3418337)   #97
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This happens year after year and they still can't invest in a different ticket printing technology?
Old 11 Jun 2014, 06:56 (Ref:3418429)   #98
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The surprising thing was that it happened so quickly - in less than 4 hours.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3418964)   #99
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey how hot is it in Le Mans today?

Had to get a hair drier out to turn mine black!
Old 12 Jun 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3419078)   #100
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It was hot. But actually a little chilly by close of play last night.

The controller at garage blanc (who we know quite well) told us yesterday that the ACO was fully aware of the issue with the tickets again - but presumably didn't bother to tell anyone. Whether it affects any tickets other than parking, I don't know. Certainly the entry tickets are different. He also said that if you are 'seen into' the car park, you won't have to display the ticket.