Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3298116)   #76
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
Hulk at Ferrari next announcement?
Let's see what EJ has to say this weekend at Monza. He seems to be privy to everyone's contract negotiations
Old 3 Sep 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3298461)   #77
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'll be Massa at Ferrari again surely?
His is still Alonso's choice.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3298464)   #78
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa's out. Welcome the Hulk!!!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3298467)   #79
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Massa's out. Welcome the Hulk!!!
Source? Wishful thinking, rumour or Official?

Agree with you, Hulk is a future WC!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3298546)   #80
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think Kimi to Ferrari and the Hulk to Lotus
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3298549)   #81
ace007
Racer

Another good combination but something tells me that Hulk's move to Sauber was an early Ferrari link which is ready to be honored with Massa's poor season
Old 5 Sep 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3299223)   #82
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
If and it's almost certain that Ferrari resign Massa, Hulkenberg could be out of a drive again. It looks almost certain that Sauber will run the Russian kid and possibly resign Gutierrez which would be a poor pairing but at least they will be at the grid. I can see Telmex pumping more money for next season giving the fact that there might be a Mexican Grand Prix, so Gutierrez might save his drive. Where does that leave Hulkenberg? Lotus looks to retain Kimi and Grosjean especially with Renault playing a bigger part. The rest of the top teams look locked. Force India?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3299334)   #83
ace007
Racer

If Hulk is not at Ferrari, I think he would rejoin F. India immediately. I believe VJ would pick him over Sutil anytime (even with the extra sponsorship Sutil has). But I firmly believe Hulk's 2013 move was linked to a bigger story at Ferrari so...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3299351)   #84
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If Hulk is not at Ferrari, I think he would rejoin F. India immediately. I believe VJ would pick him over Sutil anytime (even with the extra sponsorship Sutil has). But I firmly believe Hulk's 2013 move was linked to a bigger story at Ferrari so...
They might want an alleged quicker driver on principal but FI India can only afford one driver without much sponsorship so Sutil will be going nowhere as long as there is a less well heeled driver in the second seat.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Sutil remain and be joined by another guy who can bring a lot of backing or patronage like Bianchi, Nasr or even Gutierrez. They bloody well need it!

However that would hinge on Di Resta finding another drive, I would assume.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3299356)   #85
ace007
Racer

I thought di Resta had a valid contract for 2014?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3299575)   #86
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallya recently made a comment publicly about how pay drivers give F1 the wrong image.

Signs of an all-new 2014 driver line-up?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3299642)   #87
ace007
Racer

If only he could keep his word and show the example!!

Last edited by ace007; 5 Sep 2013 at 20:46.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 05:27 (Ref:3299766)   #88
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I really see Massa staying at Ferrari and Bernie, Dominicali, Alonso want him there. Gutierrez will stay at Sauber with more Telmex money. Magnussen is a McLaren driver so he would probably be a reserve driver for them. Force India drivers are at risk though. I can see one not be resigned and I am thinking it will be DiResta so hopefully Hulk can land there. Otherwise Hulk might be out of a drive.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3299771)   #89
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
I really see Massa staying at Ferrari and Bernie, Dominicali, Alonso want him there.
But what does Luca Di Montizemelo want?
Old 6 Sep 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3299818)   #90
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
But what does Luca Di Montizemelo want?
A quicker car.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3299864)   #91
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ferrari's loyalty to Massa is touching but stupid. It's clear now he's never going to be the driver he was before his accident, and he's so far off Alonso that he's effectively denying Ferrari a shot at the WCC. They need new blood, and they need it now.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3299881)   #92
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Ferrari's loyalty to Massa is touching but stupid. It's clear now he's never going to be the driver he was before his accident, and he's so far off Alonso that he's effectively denying Ferrari a shot at the WCC. They need new blood, and they need it now.
I'm not so sure. I don't think that another driver could step into that team and magically unlock a lot of concealed performance from that car. While I personally believe than Massa's underperformed, I don't think there's very much more that could have been achieved by a competent F1 pilot in that seat. We mustn't loose sight of the fact that Fernando Alonso is very special and has produced far beyond what that car should have delivered.

By the way, I think we've got the same Massa discussion going on in two different threads at the moment.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3300878)   #93
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour file update:

Brawn = Williams??
Kimi = Ferrari??
Hulkenberg = Lotus??
Alonso = Lotus??

Old 9 Sep 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3300891)   #94
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Rumour file update:

Brawn = Williams??
Was he there before he became well known?
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3300918)   #95
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Was he there before he became well known?
Yes a junior engineer in the late 70's...

Brawn buying in wouldn't necessarily mean he would become part of the engineering set up, unless he and Pat have been having a little chat?
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3300921)   #96
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to Jake Humphrey Kimi will be announced at Ferrari in the next couple of days.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3300987)   #97
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
According to Jake Humphrey Kimi will be announced at Ferrari in the next couple of days.
He probably got that from EJ... nevertheless EJ's been right on most things so far, so let's see.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3300996)   #98
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
He probably got that from EJ... nevertheless EJ's been right on most things so far, so let's see.
He is, isn't he? Maybe he just bombards people in the paddock with nonsense and it panics them into spilling some beans.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3301023)   #99
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
He is, isn't he? Maybe he just bombards people in the paddock with nonsense and it panics them into spilling some beans.
I think he gets everything from Bernie.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3301066)   #100
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Some rumours here:

In summary...

Kimi to Ferrari
Alonso to Lotus with extra backing for the team from Renault and Total.
Hulk not at Sauber - probably Ferrari alongside Kimi - if above is correct..

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...onso-to-lotus/