Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Sep 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3577794)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eric, what is the opening date for the ticket office for ACO members tickets?
Old 28 Sep 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3577797)   #77
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=batmobile;3577182]
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post

Correction. After some explanations they had some problems with the till receipt printers. They would have to get them for the next time. Other amazing thing. . All the prices are something like 9,59 € but when you want to get your cash back they have no cents coins.............
They tried something like that at Spa a couple of years ago - complete fiasco, resulted in me spending considerably less at the track. Don't think I was alone - they didn't last long.

Fingers crossed someone works out that this is a terrible idea and that actually regarding cash as a sound medium of exchange has been long running for a reason.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 09:28 (Ref:3577959)   #78
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At a lot of cycling races in Belgium they use a token system which you need to pay for and then exchange for food/beer.

Very good for causing two queues instead of one and, as Ian said, probably meaning you keep your money in your pocket.

But none of this is actually confirmed yet for Le Mans is it?
Old 29 Sep 2015, 19:53 (Ref:3578110)   #79
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Actually, I don't know but I habe to call them to tell them about my disappointment due to the places I got last year. Maybe i'll get the date?
Old 1 Oct 2015, 07:22 (Ref:3578532)   #80
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Nürburgring had such a system too. I believe there was an anti-group on Facebook.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3578677)   #81
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Actually, I don't know but I habe to call them to tell them about my disappointment due to the places I got last year. Maybe i'll get the date?
Just renewed my passion gold membership, was thinking about not doing it but will give it one last try to get decent tickets for next year.
Now just have to find out when sales will begin, Eric as soon as you find out please let us know.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3578700)   #82
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Just renewed my passion gold membership, was thinking about not doing it but will give it one last try to get decent tickets for next year.
Now just have to find out when sales will begin, Eric as soon as you find out please let us know.
For the ACO members on November 3rd at 10am and on November 6th for the non members. Ticket price 58.80€ for the members and 78€ for the non members.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 20:16 (Ref:3578923)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Eric.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3579268)   #84
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm possibly not going to be going to this year's Le Mans. Due to a operation which I'm having in April 2016 on my jaw. Nothing serious but there's a lot of recovery time. I will see if I can have the date moved sneaky to February. Just so I can go. But if I can't it doesn't matter as there's always next year to have my third visit. I will keep everyone updated.
Old 4 Oct 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3579432)   #85
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Hope you can rearrange things, otherwise the lack of things to look forward to will make time drag slowly in 2016
Old 4 Oct 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3579478)   #86
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Hope you can rearrange things, otherwise the lack of things to look forward to will make time drag slowly in 2016
We are thinking of booking tickets for one of the F1 or WEC races (Hopefully COTA or Petit Le Mans) later in the year. So it's all fine.
Old 4 Oct 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3579517)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Did he say 'F1'........?
Old 4 Oct 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3579531)   #88
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

Quote:
Did he say 'F1'........?
Yeah the F1 Powerboat World Championship? lol.
Old 5 Oct 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3579682)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ah that is OK i would love to see those boats at full pelt
Old 6 Oct 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3580078)   #90
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Deposit just paid to Kenn.
So one step closer to Le Mans
Old 7 Oct 2015, 13:56 (Ref:3580263)   #91
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Bad new for the regular customers : The "Legend Café" http://www.lemanslegendcafe.com/ put into receivership.
http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...10-2015-144859
Old 7 Oct 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3580301)   #92
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i haven't posted in this thread yet? ..
I guess i did now
I/we'll be there

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Oct 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3580363)   #93
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bad new for the regular customers : The "Legend Café" http://www.lemanslegendcafe.com/ put into receivership.
http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...10-2015-144859
that's sad news. I ate there the Monday after the race but sadly I was the only one in the restaurant. The food and service was excellent and hoped to go back there again in the future. I wish I had taken more pictures of the inside of the restaurant as it was magnificent.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 12:55 (Ref:3580774)   #94
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
My brother will be going with his missus' father and a few mates. My Dad went there in 05
Old 11 Oct 2015, 03:10 (Ref:3581425)   #95
Piritos
Rookie

Hungary
Piritos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, newbie here.

I'm planning to attend my first Le Mans in 2016, having followed the race for several years. I still need to convince someone to travel with me, but I'm 90% sure I'll be there. Can't wait!
Old 11 Oct 2015, 15:41 (Ref:3581727)   #96
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piritos View Post
Hey, newbie here.

I'm planning to attend my first Le Mans in 2016, having followed the race for several years. I still need to convince someone to travel with me, but I'm 90% sure I'll be there. Can't wait!
It can't be that hard to convince someone .
Otherwise, back in 2012, when I did my first trip, I travelled alone. Didn't take long, then I knew a whole lot of people

And welcome to the Forum!
Old 12 Oct 2015, 09:39 (Ref:3582097)   #97
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes welcome to the forum Piritos, your first trip will be amazing and if you need any help post here and you will get plenty of help,
Old 12 Oct 2015, 12:43 (Ref:3582145)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
might not have booked my le mans camping yet but just booked the usual travellodge for silverstone next year
Old 12 Oct 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3582236)   #99
Piritos
Rookie

Hungary
Piritos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for the nice welcome.

Actually it's quite hard to convince someone to come with me... I don't have many friends who love motorsports (I'm a girl and mostly have female friends ), and those who do only like F1.
There are some people who might be interested but they say it's too expensive for them, which I can understand. If you're not a real fan, going to Le Mans just for the sake of it is really expensive for an average Hungarian person... (wages and prices are much lower here than in Western Europe.)

Anyway, I'll be there next year, even if I have to travel alone. I'm sure I can meet some nice people there.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3582255)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well the first thing for you to sort out is where you are staying, many on here have had first timers staying with them on the campsites, we usually have a mixed site (male/female) but my daughter might be missing next year (first time in many years) as her new school needs teachers to be present, however we will have several other females within our group, Ken has a more organised group of international guests but not sure of the mix. If you are on your own let me know nearer the time and i am sure we can sort something out, as long as we get our camping passes this year. However do not worry something will get sorted it always does.