Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Mar 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3620536)   #76
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
Very diverse machinery in the GTS class. Big American muscle cars and European exotica represented by Aston Martin and Maserati up against nimble Ginetta and Lotus cars, and those tiny KTM XBows. There were some nice battles to watch throughout the race.

Looking at the lap times, the Aston Martin and Maserati cars seem to need to find a second or two to get in real contention for podium places.
I don't know about you, but the class seemed a lot more professional to me last year with the Works-KIAs, the Bondurant Chevies and Phoenix' Mustangs. With all the kit cars in the field, the whole thing has a very club racing like vibe to it. (And those KTMs really are dull as dishwater).
Old 6 Mar 2016, 12:21 (Ref:3620538)   #77
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I don't know about you, but the class seemed a lot more professional to me last year with the Works-KIAs, the Bondurant Chevies and Phoenix' Mustangs. With all the kit cars in the field, the whole thing has a very club racing like vibe to it. (And those KTMs really are dull as dishwater).
I don't really have an opinion on the level of professionalism, but I too would have liked to see more "proper" GT cars in the field. Porsche and BMW are very active in the equivalent GT4 class in Europe. Pity there are no such entries in the PWC GTS class.

Last edited by merak1974; 6 Mar 2016 at 12:30.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 14:45 (Ref:3620558)   #78
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I talked with Lawson Aschenbach about his return to PWC and race 1 victory http://nasportscar.com/the-champ-is-...wc-with-a-win/
Old 6 Mar 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3620559)   #79
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
It was. However, there's a lot of good in the works for GTS and I think we'll see the professionalism go up as the season goes on and guys get a handle of their cars. The first few races will probably see some..uhhh..questionable things
Old 6 Mar 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3620575)   #80
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know that happened to get Mantella (he owns two of the X-Bow kit cars that run in GTS and drives one of them) excluded from the event? It says "unsportsmanlike conduct" but it must be the talk of the paddock as to what happened to get booted from the whole event. It's right here at the bottom of the page:
http://files.world-challenge.com/eve..._GTS_FINAL.pdf
Old 6 Mar 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3620576)   #81
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
Anyone know that happened to get Mantella (he owns two of the X-Bow kit cars that run in GTS and drives one of them) excluded from the event? It says "unsportsmanlike conduct" but it must be the talk of the paddock as to what happened to get booted from the whole event. It's right here at the bottom of the page:
I belive there were multiple track limit violations that were continually ignored.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 6 Mar 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3620578)   #82
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there some live timing for Cota?
EDIT: Found it

Last edited by Mark0994; 6 Mar 2016 at 17:24.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3620591)   #83
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I belive there were multiple track limit violations that were continually ignored.
Why didn't their other car start?
Old 6 Mar 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3620592)   #84
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
It was an off-track, non racing-related incident
Old 6 Mar 2016, 19:31 (Ref:3620599)   #85
jjvincent
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Now I'm confused. Was it a non racing-related incident or exceeding the track limits? If it was a non racing-related incident, what in the world could that be? That's a major penalty. Exceeding the track limits results in a time penalty (even if you don't come in for a drive through as to what happened already in in that race by another car) you don't get kicked out for the second race (especially after the first race of the season).
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3620608)   #86
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GT Race 2 will be starting shortly!

http://world-challenge.com/streamvideo/

http://www.motortrendondemand.com/
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3620611)   #87
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post

Are you able to expand on that please?
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3620612)   #88
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post

Great! I should be able to watch this before I go to work
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3620613)   #89
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was an accident waiting to happen.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3620615)   #90
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 Pirelli World Challenge Races 1 & 2: Circuit of the Americas

Are you kidding me! I thought rolling starts where supposed to stop the carnage.thought this would of changed it,but nope pwc still a joke.leave it to pwc to fudge up even a rolling start.sorry for pat,hope he's ok.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3620616)   #91
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Lap 1 FCY - we need standing starts!!!

j/k

Dumb move that.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3620617)   #92
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that was not nice !
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3620618)   #93
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Wait, don't tell me there was another accident at the start of a PWC race ...

But seriously, I missed the opening laps (obviously). What exactly happened this time?
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:18 (Ref:3620619)   #94
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 Pirelli World Challenge Races 1 & 2: Circuit of the Americas

Rolling start Davidson into the back of long,turning him hard into the outside wall be for the up hill to turn one
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3620620)   #95
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Heiterkotter (sp?) (Edit: nope, Davison) turned around Pat Long from behind him. In fairness there was a bit of side to side movement from Long but it was still low percentage stuff he was trying (or as is my first impression, I may be wrong).

Last edited by Rodger Davies; 6 Mar 2016 at 20:24.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:23 (Ref:3620623)   #96
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Heitkotter is the correct spelling Rodger, and thanks for the catch-up from both of you. Just hearing that Davison may be being pinged for his involvement from the comms, but I expect that to be confirmed in short order.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:23 (Ref:3620624)   #97
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
First destroyed 991 gt3r
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3620625)   #98
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Oh, was it Davison? Sorry, forgotten which is the red and the green one. Either way, not seen the replay but I'd be surprised if Davison isn't pinged for that.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3620626)   #99
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Black flag confirmed for #33 JD GTR. He's in the lead now but that won't last.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:26 (Ref:3620627)   #100
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Stream failing for anyone else?