Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Aug 2023, 18:57 (Ref:4174075)   #76
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
OK, so Iain, happy with your cars, satisfied customers? Happy bunny?
Old 26 Aug 2023, 19:11 (Ref:4174078)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More Formula Juniors to worry about tomorrow so I suspect Iain will be busy.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4174083)   #78
scott fisher
Rookie

scott fisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny about the girl doing podiums ,she'smispronounced virtually every name I’ve heard today,but it’s quite entertaining waiting to see if there’s a reaction
Old 26 Aug 2023, 19:59 (Ref:4174088)   #79
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Jean Rondeau. Actually.
Mon ami GerryMo, Im sure you will enjoy this read..... Jean Rondeau, the self-made Le Mans conqueror
Old 27 Aug 2023, 05:06 (Ref:4174120)   #80
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Having nice weekend so far . Marshall’s BBQ was brilliant . Gets better every year . I got asked how long we have been doing the BBQ and of corse it all started on here along with Mike under his and mine awning . Delta cars running well . We had three in top 6 at Zolder yesterday . I had great fun in both my races yesterday as well . Not going to win anything these days but lots good racing . Changed gears on the March last night so hoping for better lap times today . Juniors out again at 9 am . O well I better get up then and have a cuppa .?
Old 27 Aug 2023, 06:39 (Ref:4174121)   #81
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enjoy yourself, Iain.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 06:52 (Ref:4174122)   #82
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Tks. first time I see this, will read.

So, Michael Delaney spinning like a youngster and having fun, BBQ wonderful party, delta's customers happy on the continent. What esle? HAPPY DAYS!!! Go delta, go!
Old 27 Aug 2023, 07:58 (Ref:4174125)   #83
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyed most of the races yesterday, shout out to the World sports cars, the touring cars, pre 66 GTs and F. Junior.
Shame a great field of F1 cars was so disrupted by SCs.
High hopes for the Woodcote/Moss and pre 66 tourers races today.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 09:00 (Ref:4174130)   #84
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I wonder if Colin's ex-coupé is entered in the Big Cat Challenge? RBS may be knows?
Old 27 Aug 2023, 10:14 (Ref:4174143)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain on track, currently 13th. Finished 12 th. Well done.

Last edited by Gerard C; 27 Aug 2023 at 10:31.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 11:38 (Ref:4174156)   #86
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Enjoyed most of the races yesterday, shout out to the World sports cars, the touring cars, pre 66 GTs and F. Junior.
Shame a great field of F1 cars was so disrupted by SCs.
High hopes for the Woodcote/Moss and pre 66 tourers races today.
Pace of those Lotus 15s was incredible at the start. 2nd year in a row sadly the race has had a RF.

The touring will be chaos ?
Old 27 Aug 2023, 12:28 (Ref:4174163)   #87
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing that Aston on its roof made me cry.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 16:19 (Ref:4174213)   #88
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Do you think the SC at the end of the Pré 66 race was necessary?
Old 27 Aug 2023, 20:56 (Ref:4174277)   #89
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our very own Delta entertaining the crowd...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC07724.jpg  
Old 28 Aug 2023, 06:19 (Ref:4174313)   #90
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Percy . Driving out yesterday looked like there was a fair amount of spectators along with car clubs . Apart from all the hassle with health and safety forms along with the ticket system and strict security it was an enjoyable weekend . Now do I go to Croft next week ?
Old 28 Aug 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4174315)   #91
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...course you should go to Croft!

I watched some of the live stream and found myself shouting at the screen a few times. Front engined Formula Juniors are not much faster than rear engined. F2 cars do not have an airbox to restrict power. A Lola T290 is not a Sports 2000 etc. etc.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4174320)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst there were quite a lot of car clubs and cars, they were, in some cases, stuck in odd locations. The Morgans were in a corner behind a small grandstand. Jaguars lined the inside of Copse up to Becketts. Couldn't find the Porsche Club. It all seemed to be a bit less punter friendly this year. Some good racing spoiled by the erroneous SC interventions. Martin Haven on commentary just makes my ears bleed.

Was good to catch up with Iain, Stuart and David. Had a good chat with Peter Baker and some old racing mates. Will be interesting to see if the crowds were as good as previous years because it all seemed a bit subdued to me.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 09:11 (Ref:4174327)   #93
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Live stream was good as I can't afford to go now. There seems to be a lot of new names on the drivers list, obviously very rich as some had several cars. I was surprised to see a Charlie Martin on the podium as I though they were a trans lady driver!
Old 28 Aug 2023, 09:28 (Ref:4174331)   #94
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Live stream was good as I can't afford to go now.
Happy to second you! As to the commentator, I promptly turned the sound off 'cose he was so depressing. The two ladies interviewing drivers/exhibitors looked/sounded much more enjoyable. All in all a good weekend of watching. For free.

Iain? Please follow Alan Morgan's advice!!!
Old 28 Aug 2023, 09:54 (Ref:4174344)   #95
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I was surprised to see a Charlie Martin on the podium as I though they were a trans lady driver!
Not entirely sure of the relevance of this comment considering that probably the only sport where gender doesn't make a difference is motorsport.

But on a lighter note: Here's Iain playing with a Sports 2000 on Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
SF2023Sat_093.jpg  
Old 28 Aug 2023, 10:38 (Ref:4174356)   #96
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Martin Haven on commentary just makes my ears bleed.
Agreed. Too many opinions, misidentifications and inaccuracies, although I appreciate that it is a difficult job. Alistair Douglas was OK but a bit understated and gently diplomatic in his manner of correcting, although he wasn't able to get too many words in. It needed someone like Marcus or Titch to front it.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 28 Aug 2023, 12:14 (Ref:4174369)   #97
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche GB were on the inside of Stowe corner. Not sure if by choice. Odd place to put 700 cars, given there would be no footfall down there.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4174370)   #98
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Whilst there were quite a lot of car clubs and cars, they were, in some cases, stuck in odd locations. The Morgans were in a corner behind a small grandstand. Jaguars lined the inside of Copse up to Becketts. Couldn't find the Porsche Club. It all seemed to be a bit less punter friendly this year. Some good racing spoiled by the erroneous SC interventions. Martin Haven on commentary just makes my ears bleed.
The Porsche club was hidden away at the inside of Stowe.

Obviously Silverstone has been discussed but it is a circuit for the high and mighty in society with the average watcher treated as a mere inconvenience, Basic paths behind grandstands blocked off for no reason apart from the dreaded H & S only for a number of complaints later for them to be taken down, same with the pit garage barriers which were ignored by the teams thankfully. You had the commentator saying you could go in and out of the garages which Silverstone didn't want which was a tad awkward.

Some great racing, quite a few overseas teams which was nice and the sportscar race was amazing to watch, the Roadsports race was carnage with cars off everywhere, i guess that's what 2 days of sitting around does.

I think thats a different Charlie Martin anyway.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 12:28 (Ref:4174372)   #99
brands
Veteran

Mixed bag for us this year.
Losing access to the garages was a huge disappointment. Some decent races and mainly good entries.
The lead commentator was dreadful, as was the podium interviewer. The second commentator and pitlane interviewer were excellent.
Food was Goodwood priced but poor quality.
Security was very odd this year, even for Sillystone.
The free Silverstone museum access was good although it's hardly an all day event, as was stated on the PA, but did past 40 minutes while the awfully dull modern GT 'race' was on.

We have been going to this event for 20 years but the garage situation is making us think twice about attending again. Time will tell.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4174375)   #100
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Jodie Kidd was doing the interviews. She is a genuine petrolhead and has raced. Her only problem was being taller than the people she was interviewing.
The podium girl, whose name I did not get was dreadful.