Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Mar 2002, 20:33 (Ref:242507)   #76
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we all know the price that can be paid when attending race meetings, it is printed on the ticket in smallish print after all.

It is so very very sad that you hear of a death during or after a race. I remember hearing of Siffert's death in the BBC news driving away from the race. We all knew is was a bad crash but they seldom announce fatalities.

I just did not think I had heard right when I learned of Clarke and Senna's deaths.

However they all knew the possible price they would pay, even maybe the marshalls. Some may say it would be a good way to go, doing what you like doing rather than wasting away in a home

Anyway, there are some photo's on the ACO site of the new track, although it does seem tight all is not lost as it looks like a better entry to the esses which might let the faster cars outbrake the slower classes with ease. Still practice day will prove the point. Two more months and we will all be here (weekend after the event) swopping yarns

SL
Old 23 Mar 2002, 20:37 (Ref:242508)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Two more months and we will all be here (weekend after the event) swopping yarns

SL
No, no, no!! I don't even want to think about being back here after the race weekend!!!
Old 23 Mar 2002, 20:39 (Ref:242509)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
He was also unfortunate to be involved in the death of his friend Stefan Belof, though that was merely the german driving over his head.
Yes, I've got a video with in-car footage from Jackie's car when that dreadful accident occurred. Horrendous.
Old 23 Mar 2002, 21:34 (Ref:242530)   #79
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bellof forever

Dear All,

I did not mention the 1985 Spa 1000 km accident between Ickx and Bellof just to see if someone else out there would still remember Stefan.

Surely enough, just a few minutes after my message, Dr. Austin posted a mention to that crash. I am pleased to know that Bellof has not been forgotten.

Although I am Brazilian and Senna was at the time the talk of F1, Bellof was my hero. I still rate him amongst the very best of all times. What a pity he shone as a shooting star - I think of him like someone as Jimi Hendrix: what marvellous things would he have done should he had more time...

When Ferrari hired Stefan Johansson to replace Rene Arnoux, in March 1985, I joked to a friend: "look at Ferrari - they hired the wrong Stefan!" That turned out to be a sour comment. Sadly Bellof so promising future in Formula 1 never came to light, for someone who already was the 1984 FIA Sportscar World Champion.

If you allow me a metaphor, Bellof was like a raw diamond that shone so much that blinded himself before being polished.

Muzza
Old 23 Mar 2002, 23:25 (Ref:242564)   #80
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Yes, I've got a video with in-car footage from Jackie's car when that dreadful accident occurred. Horrendous.
Yes I've got that too, I don't want this to sound wrong but as Iycx is spinning you can see Bellofs impact and the pictures of the car are truly terrifying. Head on impact at over 180mph.....