Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 2003, 19:44 (Ref:513633)   #76
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ayse, if your time keeps on "evaporating" like this, it's gonna start getting cloudy around here, and then things will escalate until someone gets struck by lightening.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 12:47 (Ref:514078)   #77
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Online racing is really strange, when i'm practicing offline i don't have (m)any problems, but once in an online race i crash all over the place...
Old 22 Feb 2003, 12:58 (Ref:514081)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
By and large, the AI cars are quite predictable. Online real drivers aren't. Many of them are a lot faster - some are a lot slower. That's one of the reasons its so different.

I won't be on VROC tonight. Out for a meal with friends. Probably on tomorrow though.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 13:10 (Ref:514752)   #79
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i will be on VROC this afternoon, i don't have work and im up for a praccy race. is this the day when everyone has a praccy race together?

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 23 Feb 2003, 13:30 (Ref:514757)   #80
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
usually, hope to be on this afternoon/this evening. Be nice to see how quick you are before the real thing .
Old 23 Feb 2003, 13:35 (Ref:514762)   #81
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
don't put pressure on me!!! i go through a kind of metamorphasis on VROC, i make more mistakes - but so-far, my fastest time on VROC at Spa has been a wholesome 3m18.067...

even though it took me 7 laps and many-many Shift+R's

don't ask how the race went

Old 23 Feb 2003, 14:51 (Ref:514798)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The "official" praccy race is every other Sunday afternoon, i.e. the Sunday after the league race at the previous circuit. But there's no reson why we can't have a get together on a suitable server. I probably won't be around until early evening (if I make it at all - I'm finally spending some much-needed time updating my website).
Old 23 Feb 2003, 15:06 (Ref:514810)   #83
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
shall we try and meet up on vroc at about 6.30?
Old 23 Feb 2003, 15:23 (Ref:514821)   #84
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just had a great race at Spa, finished 3rd what could have been 2nd if i hadn't screwed up at La Source...

Some great overtaking manouvres too, passing on the grass at the inside of La Carriére and one on the outside before coming into Malmédy

I can't do VROC this evening, i have an agreement with my sister that i used the PC in the afternoon for the supposed practice race while she could use the PC in the evening...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 23 Feb 2003 at 15:26.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 17:47 (Ref:514946)   #85
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, i cna't make it either, i've just spent the weekend with my Grandparents, and i'm really too tired to join you.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 17:51 (Ref:514950)   #86
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
i couldn't join Speedcenter's server because of a Client/Server Bandwidth Mismatch whatever that means :confused:

i did join Garr's server but because of 3 heavy shunts and hedge-loving, i only managed a 3m33 - and then to top it all off i was d/c'd as the race was starting ...what a practice

Old 23 Feb 2003, 18:04 (Ref:514960)   #87
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had few laps around Spa this afternoon, still can not get under 5 mins........
Old 23 Feb 2003, 18:18 (Ref:514985)   #88
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
rd, are you using the keyboard?

if not, then i guess you need to turn the wheel a little more, and give it a bit more welly.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 18:44 (Ref:515035)   #89
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
and then to top it all off i was d/c'd as the race was starting ...what a practice
where you discoed or kicked straight back to vroc. I'm having a bloody awful time with that at the moment.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 19:04 (Ref:515076)   #90
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I keep being kicked back to VROC aswell.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 20:06 (Ref:515197)   #91
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
according to someone I just raced against, its the new GPLEA lotus, looks like i'll have to get rid of it until the 'proper' new one comes out.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 20:53 (Ref:515299)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't see why it should be? I'm running the new Lotus and I've had no problems at all.

Just had two nice races (both with Damon in the field, as it happens).

Very fast pole - 3m15 by Lars Mossberg. I came second in both, although the second was rather disappointing - about 17 starters and only Damon and I left at the finish!

The highpoint for me though was finding I'd set a new pb in the second race - 3m17.21. The annoying thing was I had no idea I was running some quite quick laps - I'd have tried a bit harder if I'd known!

One other thing. I think it was when we were practising for the Silver race, Tony mentioned that it was a good idea to "chat" as little as possible. I'm beginning to agree more and more. My one big mistake in the 2nd race at Spa came because I was subconsciously reading the messages some stupid idiot was posting about "I'm coming through...." In future, I intend to keep chat to an absolute minimum while their are others out on the track.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 20:57 (Ref:515304)   #93
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I've just been trying to join Damon on Garr's server, and getting chucked off every time.

All i managed to do was have a tentative conversation in french with someone, who evidently knew only two words in english, hello, and race
Old 23 Feb 2003, 22:08 (Ref:515406)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's all you need, isn't it?
Old 23 Feb 2003, 22:13 (Ref:515412)   #95
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
From following some advice on the GPLEA board I've managed (for now at least) to stop the CTD's I've been getting. I simply had to check the 'driver textures' box in the mirrors section of the graphics options. Now I have the great new lotus and so far no CTD's.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 22:25 (Ref:515428)   #96
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Just had a thought Ayse. That pb puts you quicker than Juan, does it not?
Old 24 Feb 2003, 07:48 (Ref:515726)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think I was a few thousands quicker anyway. But yes, 3m17.21 is second only to your 3m16.9 amongst the TTFL'ers, I believe. I now know a 3m16.5 at least is on the cards - whether I can do it by/before tomorrow night is another question, though.

Its a case of getting through the race with no major mistakes. I know I can do it. I still think anyone who laps consistently in the 3m20-21 bracket and makes no mistakes will win it.

The most important thing for me arising out of the races I did last night* was finally deciding on my race set-up for tomorrow. I'm now quite happy with what I'm using after doing the 17.21 in the race.

(*I went back to Spa for one more race and after starting about 5th I was in the lead after 2-3 laps (with people falling off all around me and one beautiful pass as well ), but I made a now rather unusual mistake at Masta and gave it up. I guess I must have run 40-50 laps at Spa over the weekend and only messed up Masta once - I just hope I don't repeat that tomorrow!).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Feb 2003 at 07:52.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 13:54 (Ref:516006)   #98
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I tried a race on VROC last nite, which thankfully i managed to get on to, but struggled to be in the correct gear for Les Combes, Stavelot, and La Source some of the time, and so set no fast times, and was constantly slow, and always crashing. All i know is that the guy who won set a fastest time of 3m27.6, and i was easily catching him when i wasn't crashing, and i was entering Masta at 199/200mph, and exiting at 165ish, with a slight lift for the first part, so i'm feeling good for tomorrow.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 14:02 (Ref:516022)   #99
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fastest race lap of 3m27? That's really quite slow for a pick-up at Spa. The three races I did last night, I did the fastest lap in one (3m17.21), lars Mossberg did a 3m15 in another and I think the third (from which I confess I disco'd) was in the 3m19's.

But you should feel good P, if you can do 27's/28's but stay on the track all the time, you could well be there or thereabouts at the end.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 14:17 (Ref:516038)   #100
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
There were only three of us, and we were all rubbish, it was just good to know that there was someone that i could beat at Spa.

And on Sundays race, for the first 5 laps i was turning fairly consistent 3m29/30's, so if i can avoid the five crashes in one lap, and go a bit faster, i'm quitely confident ( oh yes, and i'm much closer at Kyalami )

Last edited by pirenzo; 24 Feb 2003 at 14:17.
Closed Thread