Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 8 Sep 2003, 19:33 (Ref:712246)   #76
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We're all on the same tires except Rob who's been given super sticky ones to avoid a repeat of last season
Old 8 Sep 2003, 20:37 (Ref:712307)   #77
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just leave me to roll round at the back and when u guys fall out I will pick up the points - it's called the Minardi Tatic.......
Old 8 Sep 2003, 20:57 (Ref:712331)   #78
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And it works too!

How many times did you score points last year?
I don't think i scored any
Old 8 Sep 2003, 21:16 (Ref:712354)   #79
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's the best tatic
Old 9 Sep 2003, 08:08 (Ref:712765)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
And it works too!

How many times did you score points last year?
I don't think i scored any

I thought you had a podium at Monaco?
Old 9 Sep 2003, 12:44 (Ref:713070)   #81
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, yes, but considering my Game only picked up 6 laps of it... I'm not dure Tony ever confirmed my placing.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:53 (Ref:713330)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As far as I was concerned, it definitely (should have) counted.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 17:30 (Ref:713366)   #83
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must have missed the incident in the forum, I did not recive an email about it, so from the sounds of it the results should stand.

This is one incident that a couple of you should have emailed me so that I definalty would have seen it, and comment on it.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 17:38 (Ref:713375)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not really an incident as such Tony. In the Monaco race, we were left with just three finishers, myself, Spudgun and pirenzo. For some reason, GPL stopped registering pirenzo's laps, although both Spud and I can vouch for the fact that he finished the race in a genuine 3rd place. As far as I was concerned, there really was no issue at all - I don't think any of the three of us would have disagreed about it.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 17:40 (Ref:713378)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In fact, having just checked the league site, pirenzo was credited with 3rd place, even though this was not recorded by GPL.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 10:44 (Ref:713967)   #86
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Old 10 Sep 2003, 10:48 (Ref:713970)   #87
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
On another note, i don't know whether i can contest the first race. Or any of them for that matter. Tuesdays are going to be really busy homeworkwise it seems....
Old 10 Sep 2003, 11:46 (Ref:714006)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's 6 other days in the week p.......
Old 10 Sep 2003, 13:09 (Ref:714064)   #89
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yes, but i don't have enough time in the week to spread it all around effectively. It just happens that a lot of work seems to converge on Tuesday-Wednesday evening...
Old 10 Sep 2003, 14:39 (Ref:714146)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You'll just have to stay up all night on Monday instead.......
Old 10 Sep 2003, 14:44 (Ref:714154)   #91
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
hmm. Given that i'm absolutely shattered now, i don't think that would be a great idea (late nights of the past 11 weeks catching up on me big time yeasterday and today... I fell asleep at 7 last nite...
Old 10 Sep 2003, 15:02 (Ref:714166)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry, not a good enough excuse.

Old 10 Sep 2003, 15:09 (Ref:714173)   #93
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Old 10 Sep 2003, 16:53 (Ref:714297)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just a thought time. I guess I should really mail Tony about this, but I'll post it here anyway.

Bearing in mind the mailing list for Tony's recent email about the league rules for season 2 (thanks Tony), it seems to me that even if we all turn up for each race (which we know won't happen), we will have no more than, say 8 or 9 on the grid. Yes, that would be an improvement on season 1, but, IMO, still not really enough.

Question is, therefore - why not advertsie ourselves outside 10/10ths?

On the GPL Rank site there is a page for leagues to promote themselves and, from time to time, the homepage carries an ad for one league or another - could we not do that? Even if we could attract just a couple of additional new recruits, it could make all the difference to the season. And bearing in mind the way in which some of our ranks have improved in the last few months, I don't think we really need to be that worried about aliens joining in......
Old 10 Sep 2003, 16:59 (Ref:714307)   #95
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Um, isn't there only space for 12 drivers or something?
Old 10 Sep 2003, 17:01 (Ref:714312)   #96
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
And, i haven't recieved an e-mail regarding the rules yet:confused:

(teehee, 4000th post)
Old 10 Sep 2003, 17:23 (Ref:714355)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's been sent to you. (According to the list on the one I got).

And as for the 12, yes, that may be right, but we'll never get near that figure without new recruits.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 17:30 (Ref:714370)   #98
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
:confused:
Old 10 Sep 2003, 17:40 (Ref:714377)   #99
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pirenzo, I sent it to yor excite account, as that was the address you sent to me,

Strange if you have not received it, mmmmm???
Old 10 Sep 2003, 18:10 (Ref:714412)   #100
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I see there's a vid now available as a preview to the 1965 GPL mod......

http://www.kotr.de/GPL65/1965previewHigh.avi

Downloading now.....