Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Apr 2004, 09:42 (Ref:948716)   #76
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Well, i prefered the old livery, but this one's definitely a breath of fresh air.
Can't see any significant changes to the car though, so i can't imagine i them being any more in contention than they were last time...
Good news about the driver line up for RfH too.

Is there gonna be RLM for PQs on Sunday btw?
Don't forget the significant change is under the skin- 5-litre Judd V10 replacing the underpowered Peugeot V6 turbo- that ought to make a fair amount of difference....

Last edited by KA; 23 Apr 2004 at 09:42.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 12:10 (Ref:948900)   #77
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is an odd sqiggle down the nose. It looks OK. I think I liked the older one too. Still this one has a lot of blue.

I see the other one is having the final touches put on it back at base.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:57 (Ref:949059)   #78
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
It is still mostly white! With some light and dark blue and of course... green! Great job Henri.

link

I agree!!!!!

Gorgeous Livery!!!!

The white as the base color really makes the two shades of blue with the green accent colors pop

I like it even better than last year's livery...and that one was hard to top...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 15:49 (Ref:949157)   #79
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they've got the Judd in there!?
Man i really do need to get back with the program
Trouble is most of this sort of info seems to be posted in the entry list thread which i never visit anyway...

Last edited by pirenzo; 23 Apr 2004 at 15:50.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 15:52 (Ref:949163)   #80
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well, i prefered the old livery, but this one's definitely a breath of fresh air.
Can't see any significant changes to the car though, so i can't imagine i them being any more in contention than they were last time...
Good news about the driver line up for RfH too.

Is there gonna be RLM for PQs on Sunday btw?

The Pesca has undergone many changes...air box, a Judd GV5, rear bodywork & wing, etc....

Like night & day from last year to this.....no comparison, P...

Pesca will be in the hunt...count on it...

Old 23 Apr 2004, 16:23 (Ref:949189)   #81
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DIdn't we have a discussion in one of your "what are you thoughts" () threads about how good the GV5 really was and whether it was better than the GV4. I can't really remember if we decided yes or no, but do you think the GV5 is at least as capable as the GV4?
I'm just wondering also which engine's the other Judd teams are using?
Old 23 Apr 2004, 16:32 (Ref:949197)   #82
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
DIdn't we have a discussion in one of your "what are you thoughts" () threads about how good the GV5 really was and whether it was better than the GV4. I can't really remember if we decided yes or no, but do you think the GV5 is at least as capable as the GV4?

Very capable...Judd built it off of the GV4 to create a package that would have more torque....

Thus I feel it provides many good attributes of the GV$ plus the added torque....which makes it a better option in my opinion...

Old 23 Apr 2004, 16:43 (Ref:949206)   #83
class4v
Racer

class4v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were some probs when the GV5 was used first by Lista Dorn in the Dallara chassis ( electronical and cooling) but after 3 races it was more than OK. Hope that Pesca won't encounter the gearbox-engine link problem that the C60 had with the GV4.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 16:46 (Ref:949213)   #84
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Pescarolo and Nasamax are using the GV5- I think everyone else (RFH and the Dallaras) is using the GV4
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:02 (Ref:949225)   #85
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I thought you could use some pics there...

But first of all, Ouest France mentionned that Boullion, Belloc, Pompidou were very concerned about their commitement in the Epsilon team. Michel Lecomte (team owner) warned them that all was canceled yesterday evenong... Ayse sent me a sms while I was in the pitlane, and I immediately asked the ACO's staff, who said that all was OK, and that they had no news of a withdrawal.

I dashed to the team, and asked too : they confirmed that everything was allright, and that both of the cars were confirmed...

And now, the pics ! Starting with the Courages C 65...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:04 (Ref:949227)   #86
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The Audi Goh...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:06 (Ref:949228)   #87
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
A nice black beast (there's a lot of cars without stickers, letting think that there's a serious lack of sponsorship...)

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:07 (Ref:949230)   #88
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The RollCentre Dallara is really wonderful, believe me...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:07 (Ref:949232)   #89
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking good Fab, I only wish I was there..........
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:08 (Ref:949233)   #90
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The Larbre's cars...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:09 (Ref:949236)   #91
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Wonderful pair of... Domes !

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:11 (Ref:949238)   #92
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
RFH team a little bit puzzled with the new rear wing rules (180 cm)...

-
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:13 (Ref:949240)   #93
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fab did you get to see the Spinnkaer Dallara?
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:15 (Ref:949243)   #94
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love the neon wheels on the #15 Dome! I hope RfH run the Monza LMES round. I think they need the practice seeing as they're only now installing the 2004 spec wing!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:18 (Ref:949245)   #95
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I was on the spot with Bernard... we met pilots and people involved in the teams...

Tom Kristensen, Dindo Cappelo, Stephane Ortelli, Thierry Perrier (nice and friendly guy) and Emmanuele Pirro were cheerful and optimistic for the race : Emmanuele said to me that it was open...

The cars are wonderful. But the hospitalities seem poor : no factory, lack of sponsorship... no stickers on a lot of cars...

I took 350 pics or so, but Bernard shot at least 1000 or 1500 photos ! Can't wait to see the result...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:20 (Ref:949247)   #96
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Fab did you get to see the Spinnkaer Dallara?
The Spinnaker Clandesteam, the Pescarolo Team, the WR team were not arrived yet when I left the circuit (4h30 pm).

More news : Dayrault and Lasserre are in for a wheel in one of the Epsilon cars...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:29 (Ref:949256)   #97
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good effort fab...i hope the weather is as nice on sunday. i look forward to trying to see you...one thing for sure its going to be a busy busy day for my cameras!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:55 (Ref:949281)   #98
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Love the neon wheels on the #15 Dome! I hope RfH run the Monza LMES round. I think they need the practice seeing as they're only now installing the 2004 spec wing!
I think they are Dunlop yellow.

What's the best way to follow PQ for non-LM visiters? Any suggestions (I have no access to DSC)? Is there live timing?
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:57 (Ref:949284)   #99
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
I hope the weather is as nice on sunday.
We had a wonderful sunny day, but the weather will be... even better the two days to come ! Not even a single white cloud... only the sound of the engines !

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
I look forward to trying to see you...
I count on it !
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:58 (Ref:949285)   #100
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
What's the best way to follow PQ for non-LM visiters? Any suggestions (I have no access to DSC)? Is there live timing?
Not sure on either of those questions. Sadly you will not be getting any coverage from myself as I'm heading to Brands Hatch for the British Touring Cars. I dobut if you keep your eyes on here then you'll be kept up to date.