Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2004, 09:03 (Ref:1006597)   #76
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This awesome night shot of the #2 Audi is my new desktop wallpaper...

:
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0725a small.jpg  
Old 17 Jun 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1006623)   #77
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great pic there, Garcon.

The Champion livery always looks insipid by daylight - but at night it looks stunning.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 11:20 (Ref:1006734)   #78
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
Bernard, how many pics did you take? You must have like 2500 shots I guess.
more or less
but as I do no editing while shooting, it's clear there must be a half with cars cut or out of focus

one of the worse (and yes, it's a pescarolo)

Attached Thumbnails
e-img_9307.jpg  
Old 17 Jun 2004, 11:24 (Ref:1006744)   #79
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
more or less
but as I do no editing while shooting, it's clear there must be a half with cars cut or out of focus

Old 17 Jun 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1007083)   #80
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
more or less

LOL!!! Hahaha!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 20:54 (Ref:1007371)   #81
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://home.hccnet.nl/rl.cusveller/x/index.html

See my gallerij

I loved my first Lemans,was only there for the 2 days, i need to find someone who is camping/driving there next year
Old 18 Jun 2004, 03:38 (Ref:1007536)   #82
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to everyone whose photos have been linked here, for giving us a chance to see them.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 19:54 (Ref:1008226)   #83
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by mickj
Thanks to everyone whose photos have been linked here, for giving us a chance to see them.
Same from me!

Thanks everyone for sharing those great pics!!
Old 18 Jun 2004, 20:59 (Ref:1008285)   #84
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Has anyone got any pics of the race worn Larbre #69 550 with the tank tape holding it together . It looks excellant !!!
and what do you think of the #75 Porsche with it's "strange" door

Attached Thumbnails
75-img_9195.jpg  
Old 18 Jun 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1008304)   #85
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally got some time to put a gallery together. Pictures are of all sorts (including HT shot and the BC ladies FG1!). Here is the link (click '04 Le Mans in the left menu bar)

Also an request to other photographers -- before the start we were in front of the big grandstands. I would love to recieve some pictures to complete an *orange* gallery on the site!

I'll try to make another gallery of the TT meetings on Friday and Saturday.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1008315)   #86
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nice stuff. i like that wide shot of the wr at the dunlop bridge, gives a real feeling of the chill at dawn this year. the two vettes at the other side of the bridge is interesting...and the zytek and the dome at arnage(?)is very interesting - i think i might have a look at that next year...do we really have to wait 50 weeks for it to come round again?
Old 18 Jun 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1008321)   #87
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
nice stuff. i like that wide shot of the wr at the dunlop bridge, gives a real feeling of the chill at dawn this year. the two vettes at the other side of the bridge is interesting...and the zytek and the dome at arnage(?)is very interesting - i think i might have a look at that next year...do we really have to wait 50 weeks for it to come round again?
Thanks KDR! -- really like your shots too (I badly need access in front of the fences next year). The Zytek and Dome shots were taken on Thursday at the Porsche curves.

Facing some post-Le Mans stress too Only thing you can do about it is visit some other events. Spa will be great (both 24hrs and LMES).
Old 19 Jun 2004, 08:56 (Ref:1008545)   #88
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks KDR! -- really like your shots too (I badly need access in front of the fences next year). The Zytek and Dome shots were taken on Thursday at the Porsche curves.

Facing some post-Le Mans stress too Only thing you can do about it is visit some other events. Spa will be great (both 24hrs and LMES).
vandijk...i understand now how you got those shots at the porsche curves, i went there on sunday as the sun was rising looking for something new. it actually helps you being higher up the bank than me...because you just don't see that picture down behind the tyre barriers.

you've done a good job considering you had to deal with the fences. those side on stock panned pictures of the goh, rollcenter etc at the esses...really clear and sharp.

i think the spa 24 hours clashes with my family holiday, and the lmes at silverstone takes place during the olympic games. i'm in athens for 3 weeks editing other photographers pictures...good - but i'm not happy as vanina ickx might be at silverstone!

Last edited by kdr; 19 Jun 2004 at 08:57.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1008577)   #89
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Finally got some time to put a gallery together. Pictures are of all sorts (including HT shot and the BC ladies FG1!). Here is the link (click '04 Le Mans in the left menu bar)
really nice, Sander . But no pics of Gr C ?

Quote:
Also an request to other photographers -- before the start we were in front of the big grandstands. I would love to recieve some pictures to complete an *orange* gallery on the site!

I'll try to make another gallery of the TT meetings on Friday and Saturday.
I certainly have some , and I'll send them to you ASAP

Attached Thumbnails
tt-img_8538.jpg  
Old 19 Jun 2004, 12:21 (Ref:1008627)   #90
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
vandijk...i understand now how you got those shots at the porsche curves, i went there on sunday as the sun was rising looking for something new. it actually helps you being higher up the bank than me...because you just don't see that picture down behind the tyre barriers.
You are right KDR. We stood on the sandwall but you need a long lens to avoid the fences. Difficult to shoot. Last April photographers in front of the fence were asked to walk further to the left. If you see the marks on the tarmac you know why.

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
you've done a good job considering you had to deal with the fences. those side on stock panned pictures of the goh, rollcenter etc at the esses...really clear and sharp.
Thanks, there are some great spots but you are never able to play with the light and make another composition... so overall the shots are kind of boring because they are all taken from the same posisiton and angle... Any open positions at Getty? ;-)

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i think the spa 24 hours clashes with my family holiday, and the lmes at silverstone takes place during the olympic games. i'm in athens for 3 weeks editing other photographers pictures...good - but i'm not happy as vanina ickx might be at silverstone!
Let me see if I can get some for you Unfortunately we did not really have a chat last Saturday -- see you in June next year!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1008628)   #91
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
really nice, Sander . But no pics of Gr C ?
Tons of them... Race and paddock! They will follow soon! I received so many press releases last week that I nearly had time to sort out all the pictures...

Quote:
I certainly have some , and I'll send them to you ASAP
Excellent! These are ones I am looking for! I have some tele shots (and one marco shot ) of you too. I will send them over somewhere next week!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1011819)   #92
kdr
Veteran

a few more
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1011820)   #93
kdr
Veteran

and
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:34 (Ref:1011830)   #94
kdr
Veteran

and finally, back to where this thread started i think!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:35 (Ref:1011832)   #95
kdr
Veteran

sorry its a little small...something to do with the byte size!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1011906)   #96
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
[B]a few more [/B
wow, on this one we really can feel the LM morning atmosphere

Last edited by bernard b; 22 Jun 2004 at 11:28.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1011953)   #97
kdr
Veteran

2nd picture is pushing it a bit...looks better blown up. first pic is obviously at porsche curves at 6am. frreeeezing!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:41 (Ref:1012026)   #98
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gi_Gav has hudreds... c'mon gav lets see em!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:13 (Ref:1012881)   #99
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
Gi_Gav has hudreds... c'mon gav lets see em!
For what we saw at the meeting, Gav is definitely a gifted photographer ! Still waiting for the link, Gav' !
Old 23 Jun 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1013118)   #100
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there anywhere where I can put my photos - as an amateur (and at the risk of blowing my own trumpet (mod - smilie??) ) i've got some half decent shots.