Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1552005)   #76
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico to Win

How great would it be if Nico won tommorow. And the amazing thing is that it isnt unrealistic at all.

IMO Williams have the best chassis/engine combination out there...just hoping that they can keep up the development throughout the season!

SO whos got a bet on Nico for tommorow??
Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1552023)   #77
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He has a chance, a relatively small one, but a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11iamm
IMO Williams have the best chassis/engine combination out there...just hoping that they can keep up the development throughout the season!
? Surely that is reserved for the cars that are quicker than the Williams!
Or do you mean, neglecting tyres? I'm not sure that makes much difference and Ferrari and the same tyres is probably (at least) challenging them there.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1552025)   #78
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Well if he's anything like his father, he'll be stood out in the sun topless prior to the start!
Puffing on a cigarette as well!
Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1552031)   #79
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Wi111iamm was wondering whether they can sustain the level of development that the other teams can afford - if you stand still, you go backwards, as they say. Cosworth are probably closer to producing the best engine they are capable of than some of the other constructors, as they have major V8 experience and are less funded and have presumably inferior infrasturcture to the teams around them.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1552039)   #80
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry didnt make my point clear!

I just think that the basic chassis and engine is extremely good...although perhaps over the winter they have had less oppertunity/ability to develop the original concept.

There's something about the look of the car on track that gives me this feeling. Just looks extremely well balanced.

As BootsOntheSide said, I hope they dont fall behind with development as what they have at the moment is extremely competitive.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1552110)   #81
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There's something about the look of the car on track that gives me this feeling. Just looks extremely well balanced.
I think you are right there. I looks a good car for a rookie too - he can get on with driving and perhaps not have as many other worries.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 00:46 (Ref:1552423)   #82
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really suprised whit the Williams team and what a job Rosberg doing i'll hope he gets on the podium.That should be great go for it Rosberg
Old 19 Mar 2006, 01:24 (Ref:1552433)   #83
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got to say I'm eating my words over Nico...I thought he was over-rated and didn't deserve a drive, but I'm happily revising my view after his performances so far.

It doesn't matter what happens in the race, he's done enough for me to prove his worth.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 01:29 (Ref:1552436)   #84
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
How great would it be if Nico won tommorow. And the amazing thing is that it isnt unrealistic at all.

SO whos got a bet on Nico for tommorow??
webber would have to resign in shame of being beaten by a rookie.. i hope he destroys webber and sends him into tin top racing in oz's deep out back circuits..
Old 19 Mar 2006, 02:04 (Ref:1552446)   #85
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So by that rationale, Aryton Senna should have resigned after being beaten by Mika Hakkinen?
Old 19 Mar 2006, 03:39 (Ref:1552471)   #86
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope Nico does well in the GP if Nico is the next BIG THING Mark has no shame to be beaten by him . Mark is already on record saying Nico is the "real deal" B4 the season started
Old 19 Mar 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1552762)   #87
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just out of interest does anyone know what Nico's contract situation is with Williams next year?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/nicoflav.jpg
Old 19 Mar 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1552789)   #88
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Remember this thread is about Nico.

Who had another decent weekend. Shame about the start, but that is another one to file away. His interview was very good on ITV afterwards - he seems quite mature.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1553655)   #89
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The fact that he can drive the wheels off the thing is really a moot point. The fact that he is so mature, and can fairly critique his drive and not get dejected about the machinery and still come across so well in an interview shows that his head is screwed on right and he can make it.

A few of the current field could learn from that when their engines blow up or whatever...
Old 20 Mar 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1553692)   #90
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP
A few of the current field could learn from that when their engines blow up or whatever...
Safe to say we wont be seeing Nico throwing his steering wheel around
Old 20 Mar 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1554654)   #91
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ-Turner
Just out of interest does anyone know what Nico's contract situation is with Williams next year?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/nicoflav.jpg
God, I can't help but think of what's going through Flavio's mind. His face says a million words!

Nico's contract - isn't it for 5 years?
Old 20 Mar 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1555017)   #92
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Safe to say we wont be seeing Nico throwing his steering wheel around
If it happens week after week we might.

I agree with what people have said about Nico's attitude so far. Williams seem to have two of the most level-headed drivers in the field.

As for the Senna/Hakkinen reference, it's worth remembering Mika wasn't a pure rookie, he'd done 2 full seasons with Lotus, that Ayrton outqualified Mika in 2 of the 3 races they did a team-mates, and outscored him 20-4 with 2 wins, retiring from the other race with a mechanical failure while running ahead of Mika, who ultimately crashed. If Nico outperforms Webber consistently this season, Mark's reputation will be destroyed, but there was only 5/100 of a second it in this time.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1555027)   #93
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
His interview was very good on ITV afterwards - he seems quite mature.
He's an intelligent lad that's for sure! So honest and thoughtful.

He will be an asset to F1 for many years, and that's just off track!
Old 20 Mar 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1555072)   #94
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I understand he speaks 4 or 5 languages and had been offered a place at a premier university to study engineeering, so there is no doubting his intellegence. With Alsonso having won one WDC at his age and Nico being only 20, Michael's records may not be that unasailable.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 03:36 (Ref:1555442)   #95
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It may be wishful thinking but this could also be the start of a career long rivalry between Nico and Fernando.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 05:09 (Ref:1555459)   #96
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee Nismo, bit bitter. Rosberg to date: R1 T1 hit other car. Come from back, good, but clearly pushing engine hard. Team mate P6, NR P7. R2 T1 Try to push team-mate into wall; lose out to team-mate and also let Alonso through. Engine blows (see R1, pushed too hard?). Team-mate P4 when hydraulic failure, NR P7 when engine fails. Yes, Rosberg looks like a fast young addition to F1, but as for sending Webber packing???? Not quite yet!
Old 21 Mar 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1555502)   #97
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too early to judge yet, impressive speed and a couple of rookie mistakes only.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1555555)   #98
Rizweed
Rookie

Rizweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico was brilliant in Bahrain. He did make mistakes in Malaysia, but thats all part of growing up. For a rookie to do what he's done upto now he has a bright future ahead of him. He is a future champion in my books
Old 21 Mar 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1555654)   #99
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's showing all the signs of blowing Webber away, especially considering his limited track knowledge so far. Alonso made the usual amazing Renault start and was brave and opportunist - Nico might've been a little over-defensive, but he acknowledged the mistake in interview, and his laptimes in the race were similar to Mark's before he went out. Webber's credibility is still intact, but it won't be for long.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1555803)   #100
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico did well, shame about the engine. At least Webbers engine was stopped before it was tooooo over terminally cooked, so hopefully they should learn from the strip down and telemetry what went wrong.

As for the driving, my hat goes off to nico for learning the Malay track so quickly and pretty well. Webber is definitely being pushed which is good for both drivers and Williams as a whole.

Definitely a driver to watch this season and if SFW was as eagle eyed and quick as ever nico will already be signed for a reasonable (not silly mind you) salary depending on results for the next few years.

Having said that old italian playboy flav may attempt to steal him, especially looking at the eye contact in the previously posted piccie.

Kimi still has the edge over all the competition but for some reason has all the bad luck.
Renault still have the most reliable car again and I hate to say it, but it will be hard to stop them unless reliability goes downhill or the others improve ASAP.