Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Jun 2007, 03:30 (Ref:1945945)   #76
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Answering why Steve didn't get it big overseas:

A) He could be a bit of an ******* (In the nicest possible way, i'm his #1 fan.)
B) Series of bad, bad, bad luck. Things like winning the BSB title, then getting ready to enter WSBK only for the sponser to pull out on them, being selected to ride with Foggy on the factory duke only for Corse to decide they want to give Fat Freddie ANNOTHER go post retirement...

Good race! Pitty about west and Colin.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 05:03 (Ref:1945980)   #77
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Todays race was an excellent result again for Casey and great to see Cris and Colin on the podium as well. 3 very happy guys going by the press conference and Colin as always was very gracious and it was nice of him to acknowledge Casey's season so far. I think I caught Casey thanking him afterwoods.
Shame to see Hayden , Caparosi and West have moments but thats wet weather for you. Poor old Nick can't turn a trick this season.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 05:22 (Ref:1945989)   #78
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I couldnt believe all the crap from the Italian press saying that Casey isnt winning, the bike is winning.

What a load of crap! Casey is riding better than anyone out there at the moment and this race and the conditions were evidently testing for all riders.

Great ride again from a great rider!

Go the Datto!!!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 07:23 (Ref:1946036)   #79
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A very boring race this time if you ask me. Ducati have their stuff sorted really well, Capirex was doing good laptimes until his fall. Casey didn't put a wheel wrong this weekend (or this season so far).

TRACTION CONTROL SHOULD BE BANNED.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 07:36 (Ref:1946048)   #80
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 09:47 (Ref:1946136)   #81
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I can say is Westy had it in the bag. Atleast Stoner finished it off LOL!!!!!

It was a funny race watching it in a hotel with 12 people screaming go Westy in the Lobby where the TV was!!!

The poor SuperGT Team guys having to put up with us!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1946148)   #82
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peddler
I couldnt believe all the crap from the Italian press saying that Casey isnt winning, the bike is winning.
the italian press can sometimes suck look what they are saying about Raikkonen he isn't winning Ferrari shouldn't have got him. It was always going to take a while to settle in etc, the Ferrari isn't the best car on the grid, but they think cause it is italian it is. same with this scenario with Casey cause the bike is italian so it is winning not Casey, no offence to any italians, just having a dig at your press.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 10:33 (Ref:1946178)   #83
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Explain one more thing, how come Stoner was so pony on the Honda last year and so brilliant this year???
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:19 (Ref:1946258)   #84
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
He magically matured in months . Saint Paul once suffered a similar transformation (ok, he used a horse, not a Ducati, but the point is done).
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:38 (Ref:1946276)   #85
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
the italian press can sometimes suck look what they are saying about Raikkonen he isn't winning Ferrari shouldn't have got him. It was always going to take a while to settle in etc, the Ferrari isn't the best car on the grid, but they think cause it is italian it is. same with this scenario with Casey cause the bike is italian so it is winning not Casey, no offence to any italians, just having a dig at your press.
if it's the bike, why isn't Capirossi winning?

and what's Stoner's dig at Donington for? Think just 'cos he's winning he can start throwing his weight about in the press? Its always going to be slippery when it's raining, and its nothing to do with planes dropping anything over the circuit...
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1946279)   #86
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wish Capirossi would get back to his old self. One of the downsides of this season is watching his repeated struggles and failures.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1946284)   #87
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I wish Capirossi would get back to his old self. One of the downsides of this season is watching his repeated struggles and failures.
Same here - Ive always had a great respect for him
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1946287)   #88
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Everything has a nice explanation in MotoGP. Capirossi is being mistreated by Ducati as Hayden is by Honda. Why the brilliant Ducati rider last season and the world champion are being treated badly, I don't know, but surely there is some conspiration somewhere.

BTW, Nakano is being sabotaged by his evil team, that's obvious to any paranoid that want to see the truth. At the end of all this plot is Bernie Ecclestone somehow.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1946290)   #89
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
I blame Ferrari and Michael Schumacher...
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1946291)   #90
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Capirossi has lost that killer instinct that saw him win two world championships after becoming a dad. And perhaps Casey tamed his wild "win or bin" style after getting married.
I hope the former is not true as he was so great last year.

Jeff
Old 25 Jun 2007, 13:44 (Ref:1946326)   #91
nihil
Racer

nihil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
Explain one more thing, how come Stoner was so pony on the Honda last year and so brilliant this year???
It suddenly sunk in - when the bike falls over, you have exceeded its limits. As such, its not a good indicator of how much more the tyres have to give you....

Talking of tyres, they really governed the race at Donington. Those onboard shots of Rossi's tyre in the latter stages of the race, showed that he could only go backwards in the position order. All credit to Colin Edwards though - whatever compound he was on, they were still Michelins like Vale's.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 14:17 (Ref:1946341)   #92
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff 8
Perhaps Capirossi has lost that killer instinct that saw him win two world championships after becoming a dad.
Really, dads s*ck... errr... in fact babies are who suck . Oh, it's all so complicated ... and I feel this pain in my head
Old 25 Jun 2007, 15:52 (Ref:1946416)   #93
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's quite obvious to me, Stoner has found confidence in the Ducati when he had little with the Honda (along with other riders). The Ducati is letting him ride aggressively when he needs to, and sensibly when he has to. He had to over-ride the privateer Honda to get results and sometimes he paid for it. Makes me think twice about slagging off some riders in the mid-pack and beyond.

What I don't quite get is how companies like Ducati and Honda can only make one competitive bike. Hayden only now has got Pedrosa's chassis while Capirossi finally got some engine management solutions at Mugello. Can it really be that hard to put two competitive bikes on the grid? In the case of Honda, it's just a matter of making a few more chassis bits available. They can make more than just one right???

Hazza, I was actually with you pulling for Edwards. Darn Michelins.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1946498)   #94
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stoner was brilliant yesterday and showed real tactical nous. Didn't get over-excited at the beginning of the race, he let it come to him and his speed towards the tail end of the race was staggering, leaving everyone in his wake.

Credit to Edwards on a gritty ride to second. I had thoughts of Le Mans all over again but the guy deserved a break at last and gives him a confidence boost going into Assen next week. Perhaps make up for last year...?

Westy could have had a podium, but he threw it away. The kid is good in the wet eh?!

I tell you, Rossi is going to have to work damned hard to get this championship.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1946507)   #95
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
I tell you, Rossi is going to have to work damned hard to get this championship.
That will be most fun of all. We'll see what he's really made of. But I think he will respond. He can get results when he shouldn't be able to. Witness his win at Sepang last year.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1946513)   #96
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Trouble is, Casey is taking every opportunity. Rossi has his work cut out.

How weird is it seeing Rossi off the podium a few times this year also, on what is fundamentally a good bike?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 17:15 (Ref:1946517)   #97
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Very true. I think that's the Bridgestone factor.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 05:15 (Ref:1946932)   #98
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Rossi on Stoner: "We're getting better, but it will be a tough battle. Following the Ducati, it's a bike that rides very well. They've done a really, really good job, and above all, Stoner this year is truly riding like a god."

But then he says: "Stoner is very, very strong, very young, so a great talent who rides without many problems. But if when I was racing Biaggi and Gibernau, if they'd have had this Ducati with these Bridgestones, they'd have been tough to beat, too."

Source: Cycle News, quoting Rossi after Catalunya.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 06:41 (Ref:1946951)   #99
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
I've mentioned it before, I think the 800cc bike would really have suited Biaggi's style a lot. Gibernau his last 2 seasons were just rubbish, which is a shame, cause he's been the only one that beat Rossi in a straight fight and challenge for wins. I miss those two in Motogp, there is no cold war going on at the moment...
Old 26 Jun 2007, 06:55 (Ref:1946958)   #100
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it's possible that last year, his bike was crap and didn't improve from the start of the year...