Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 28 Oct 2007, 14:02 (Ref:2053262)   #76
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some exellent shots there tim which perfectly sum up the event. Thank you
Old 28 Oct 2007, 14:38 (Ref:2053297)   #77
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent day all round weather held off end on the whole excellent driving and marshaling thanks to the 750MC who have announced that they are going to try and get it on the international circuit next year.

One thing that did concern me though yesterday (this was my first Birkett) was the amount of drivers ignoring yellow flags i know this was also picked up by the commentators i was overtaken by five cars under a waved yellow whilst the marshalls were recovering a 3 series BMW from the gravel we must try harder from this point of view guys we are putting the marshalls in severe risk.

Thanks again to all who make this wonderfull event happen

Ian
Old 28 Oct 2007, 16:04 (Ref:2053370)   #78
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big thankyou to all the Marshalls at yesterday's Birkett - the flagging was excellent and to keep going for six hours in perishing weather deserves some recognition. After all we drivers just sit there and watch the scenery go by in our snug little cars.

Hopefully Robin Knight's efforts to get us onto the International circuit next year will be realised and we'll have 55 cars out at once!
Old 28 Oct 2007, 16:14 (Ref:2053380)   #79
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to all of you regarding the flagging. As for overtaking under yellow flag conditions, I did catch a few of you through Copse,I hope it didn't spoil your day too much.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2053589)   #80
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a fantastic day yet again. Thanks to 750MC all the marshals and all the drivers for making it just so.

Also well done to all the drivers that slowed whilst we from copse exit, maggots and becketts were out on track dressing the oil, you all did as directed and it meant we could get cleaned up nice and quickly.

Roll on next year!
Old 28 Oct 2007, 22:49 (Ref:2053665)   #81
bjw970s
Rookie

United Kingdom
BUCKS
bjw970s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all the support teams and the organisers for making it a great day!

The RAFMSA regard this event as the highlight of the year and it was made even more so this year by our senior team winning the handicap race!

I had a great time coming 17th on handicap with an inexperienced team of relativley slow cars, in what was a very smooth race (minimal safety car intervention was welcome!!)

Look forward to it next year already!!!!

Brian
Old 29 Oct 2007, 09:39 (Ref:2053859)   #82
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Highside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks & Sorry!

Morning All,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the Marshals out there at Silverstone this weekend, and to appologise for the work I caused those at Beckets / Maggots, in spreading a whole sump full of oil accross the entry to Beckets.

As per usual you were all professionalism personified in dealing with it, but saddly I was pretty self absorbed at the time and I didn't have the wherewithall & manners to thank you all properly at the time. Sorry.

Sorry also to all the racers who had to deal with the oil and bits of piston I spread down the straight. Hope you had as much fun as I had up to that point!

Sorry and thanks again

Rob Payne

Driving a very oily and very broken E30 M3 #25c!
Old 29 Oct 2007, 13:03 (Ref:2054023)   #83
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
No problem whatsoever.
Should anyone want a specific shot in a larger format, please ask.
I was trying to get the atmosphere of this unique event, as well as record some shots of my personal car choices.
There are a LOT of pictures taken by my son Ben, who wandered about with my spare E-1. Small boy, big camera, and he's the first one to have a full size look at one of his pictures. I get enough trouble with Minimangler, without son #2 beating me!!!
Old 29 Oct 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2054025)   #84
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ah ha, it was YOU!
Lots of people were blaming an innocent Frazer Nash for the oil...

Hope it's not too expensive to fix?
Old 29 Oct 2007, 13:26 (Ref:2054039)   #85
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Good grief...
Near enough 30 THOUSAND hits? I think that's 10 views for every spectator that I saw!

This is Ben, BTW, talking to Archie Frazer-Nash's daughter. How cool is that, a GN cap, and a Frazer-Nash paddock jacket? I didn't catch her name, but enjoyed the chat with her.
http://catmangler.smugmug.com/photos/213671978-M.jpg
Old 29 Oct 2007, 14:02 (Ref:2054058)   #86
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
Ah ha, it was YOU!
Lots of people were blaming an innocent Frazer Nash for the oil...

Hope it's not too expensive to fix?
Nah, that was all left in our shared pit garage.. ;-)

Stacy
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:12 (Ref:2056878)   #87
simon4007
Rookie

England
simon4007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all,

On behalf of myself and my team mates, Northampton Motorsport would like to thank the Marshall's for there valiant work at this years Birkett. I found it quite difficult whilst I was out for my last stint knowing that I would not be out on track on the run down lap! I really missed not being able to clap and wave to you and show you my respect!

It was my first time competing at the Birkett and I'm already looking forward to next years event. Although I got a warning for some yellow flag skulduggery I know that everyone has a tough job to do when so many cars are involved, and my mistake in the first session was not repeated in my following two half hour stints!

Wonderful job everyone, thank you all!!!!

Simon Pryke