Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2896076)   #976
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I´m absolutely gutted for Audi...this is something you don't wish onto your fiercest rivals.

I´m rooting for the #2 to win now... what horror the last eight hours must have been for the team.
I actually am agreeing with you even though I'm a Peugeot rooter. I want the #2 to go for victory just because I don't want it to be like a 'gang up' on Audi. It'll be a good race if the final Audi can go without incident!
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2896077)   #977
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks god Rocky walked away from that. It's even worse when its at night and its unclear whats happened.

A miracle he is ok.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2896079)   #978
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Both Accidents were with GTE Pro Ferrari's...
yes but kauffman is not a pro.... at least not at le mans
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2896080)   #979
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
when a class for amateur drivers is created these accidents are really contemplable.....
I dont really understand you. First you moan that the lmp cars are too slow, now you complain about the amateur drivers. You realise if the lmp cars were going as fast as youd like to see them go Rocky would be dead, Marshals/photographers/spectactors would be dead from Mcnish accident. If you dont like Le Mans or want to complain 24/7 about it dont watch it!!

ACO says safety car could be in at 12:15 le mans time so 11:15 uk.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2896081)   #980
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
when a class for amateur drivers is created these accidents are really contemplable.....
Robet Kaufmann is running a 458 italia in the GT PRO class
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2896082)   #981
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys, let's read the rules. GT cars are supposed to stick to their line.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2896083)   #982
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yes but kauffman is not a pro.... at least not at le mans
So? The formation of the Amateur class has nothing to do with this as your last post suggested, as both cars involved were in the Pro class.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2896084)   #983
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Yeah, the JMW 458 is having the clutch changed atm, Really suprised with the performance of the Prospeed Porsche so far.
I'm agree with you,PRO Lizard(6th GTE PRO,used to drop to the last) and AM Larbre 997(1st GTE AM)'s outstanding performance also worth the praise.ProSpeed's iBird is flying today,their unique liveries really do help to them mentally.

Besides Luhr and Goossen's lap times are just like amateurs.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2896085)   #984
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
To be fair Rob was taking the normal GT line through the kink.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2896086)   #985
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm positive Kauffman saw Rocky coming, however, he might not have realized exactly how close the Audi was - several people have commented about Audis new headlights and how strong they are, almost disorienting drivers ahead of them. Might've been a factor in this crash.

Note that I'm not saying Kauffman wasn't at fault, because he totally was, but perhaps he isn't as much of an "amateur" as some suggest in this thread.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2896087)   #986
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not even slightly the Ferrari's fault. GT cars must stick to their line at all times. The Ferrari stuck to its line. He has his own race to run. Rocky has to make his own way around it.

Might not necessarily be Rocky's fault either. That third kink down to Indianaplois is a blind exit and it's off camber - you can't see the kerb at all from the right hand side. I don't think he was expecting the Ferrari to turn in because - quite simply - he didn't know the kink was there. Rocky doesn't seem to make any attempt to make the turn at all, he drives straight on and goes right over the grass. Might be a classic case of not knowing where you are in the dark...
Having watched the replay I am even more of this view.

These things happen. This is motor racing.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2896088)   #987
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Exactly ..... this is professional ..... its proto , and gt2 minimum ..... not GT3 .

We all make mistakes
Mistakes.....let me repeat my self

"Robet Kaufmann are you kidding me!!!???

The Audi R18 has the Brightest Headlights in the Entire WORLD!!!! How the **** do you not se him. He was flashing his Headlights from Highbeams to double Highbeams. You almsot killed a guy for god sakes!!!

Robert Kaugfmann should be parked and DQ'd!!!
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2896089)   #988
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope upon hope that is it for accidents this year. Two terrible accidents. How both drivers got out of them I have no idea. Brilliant tribute to the safety of modern day racing cars and why racing can never be "too safe".
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2896090)   #989
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

That has been my thoughts; when in doubt, especially at night, stick to you line.

But, easy for me to say from my living room.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2896092)   #990
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It was a racing incident. GT driver held his line (as he should), LMP driver went for a gap that was closing. Bang. These things have always, and will always, happen in endurance racing.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2896093)   #991
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
To be fair Rob was taking the normal GT line through the kink.
Yes, but if someone is quite obviously coming through very quickly, then they should use their heads a little bit? Would have been far more dangerous for Rocky to have gone in the other direction!

I appreciate that the GT guys have been told to stick to their lines, but when someone is passing you, even for position, then you give them room, right?
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2896094)   #992
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Mistakes.....let me repeat my self

"Robet Kaufmann are you kidding me!!!???

The Audi R18 has the Brightest Headlights in the Entire WORLD!!!! How the **** do you not se him. He was flashing his Headlights from Highbeams to double Highbeams. You almsot killed a guy for god sakes!!!

Robert Kaugfmann should be parked and DQ'd!!!
Then it wouldnt surprise you to hear that those "Brightest Headlights in the Entire WORLD!!!!" have been getting a lot of flack from the GT drivers this week as they are so bright they light up the whole cockpit of there car with half the mulsanne between them and thus is making judging distances VERY difficult.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2896095)   #993
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
I'm agree with you,PRO Lizard(6th GTE PRO,used to drop to the last) and AM Larbre 997's(1st GTE AM) outstanding performance also worth the praise.ProSpeed's iBird is flying today,their unique liveries really do help to them mentally.

Besides Luhr and Gooseen's lap times are just like amateurs.
Lucas Luhr is a porsche superrcup champion and has won at Lemans in porsches. Lucas lhur used to be a PORSCHE FACTORY DRIVER. He is not an amateur and his laptimes are not amatuerish either.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2896096)   #994
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I dont really understand you. First you moan that the lmp cars are too slow, now you complain about the amateur drivers. You realise if the lmp cars were going as fast as youd like to see them go Rocky would be dead, Marshals/photographers/spectactors would be dead from Mcnish accident. If you dont like Le Mans or want to complain 24/7 about it dont watch it!!

ACO says safety car could be in at 12:15 le mans time so 11:15 uk.
where did i write that lmp are slow?...
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2896097)   #995
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
I absolutely conclude the Ferrari was at fault.
As do I. I was presenting the facts as neutrally as I could at the time!
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2896098)   #996
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My apologies if this was mentioned before, but the #1 Audi crash was a major blow for Audi's ILMC hopes with this race being double points.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2896100)   #997
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spectacular image from McNish's crash:

Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2896101)   #998
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
There needs to be reflectors on the armco of that kink. There's no sign of it until Rocky's on the grass.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2896102)   #999
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dumas foreshadowed this by saying the amateure class was dangerous. You can see the "I told you so " look on his face

Waltrip said he and Robert Kauffman were forced in the pro class because they were using the new 458. They should be in the amateure class
Old 11 Jun 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2896104)   #1000
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Then it wouldnt surprise you to hear that those "Brightest Headlights in the Entire WORLD!!!!" have been getting a lot of flack from the GT drivers this week as they are so bright they light up the whole cockpit of there car with half the mulsanne between them and thus is making judging distances VERY difficult.
But Rocky was flashing his headlights. Even if kaufman he was being blinded. The flashing headlights meant he was going from blinded to double blinded. How can you exscuse that