Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Apr 2004, 14:29 (Ref:932349)   #976
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Pathetic indeed, Bernard. A shambles, I call it. Why, after having the entries so long, with masses of time to weed out the wheat from the chaff (as we say), do they end up with a list from which we have already lost 3 cars in such a short space of time? It just doesn't make any sense at all. I hope Jan is prepping that Dome for the test day........
The ACO seem to be concerned about the number of cars that have fallen off the list as well- according to DSC they've added two further reserves- the second WR and a Konrad Saleen....

Some interesting news from the LMES test at Paul Ricard as well- one of RFH's drivers at Le Mans may apparently be Chris Dyson, who has been sharing the Dome with Lammers today
Old 6 Apr 2004, 14:44 (Ref:932365)   #977
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
The ACO seem to be concerned about the number of cars that have fallen off the list as well- according to DSC they've added two further reserves- the second WR and a Konrad Saleen....
At least, this is proving one thing : ACO's site is useless (the information is not on it yet), and who asked lately if to be a DSC member was worth it ? Graham, Cy, you're amazing me !

Quote:
Originally posted by KA
Some interesting news from the LMES test at Paul Ricard as well- one of RFH's drivers at Le Mans may apparently be Chris Dyson, who has been sharing the Dome with Lammers today
We need SIX pilots here !
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:20 (Ref:932397)   #978
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA

Glad to see the Saleen, but not the second WR....

Welter Racing already has a spot in the field....why not another LMP2 team that submitted an entry...Maybe Rand or Bucknum???

I doubt that they would add another LMP1 since there are 19 in the field, but that won't keep me from feeling badly (again) for AutoCon...

I really felt they deserved a bid...

This whole progression of issues is really beginning to stink....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:26 (Ref:932402)   #979
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Maybe Rand or Bucknum???
Did they ask for an entry ? The Bucknum Pilbeam was really great at Sebring...
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:28 (Ref:932404)   #980
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
quote:
Originally posted by Pilgrimage
Anyone able to fill me in on why there are no Saleens entered?

That answers that one then.

quote:
If more cars drop out will the ACO "invite" other reserves?

Fab: No.

Hmmmmm
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:41 (Ref:932412)   #981
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
quote:
If more cars drop out will the ACO "invite" other reserves?
Fab: No.
Hmmmmm

And I was quite confident on that !

My motto now : "never trust ACO"

what did I do with that tickets confirmation ?

Last edited by Fab; 6 Apr 2004 at 15:41.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:43 (Ref:932414)   #982
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There must be a reserve reserve list.

At least one Pilbeam was put forward.

Say no one else pulls out before the PQ's, but at the the PQ's a team that is on the list is either very slow, unreliable or falls foul of the ACO in some other way.

Do the ACO have the power to remove that car from the list to allow in a reserve?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:44 (Ref:932415)   #983
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Did they ask for an entry ? The Bucknum Pilbeam was really great at Sebring...
To be honest, I'm not sure...but I would be surprised if Team Bucknum or Rand did not enter....

on the "Not on the ACO List" thread, many of us who guesstimated who the "non-invitees" were in that class included both Rand and Bucknum on our lists, and there seemed to be a general agreement that both had submitted entries....

But they may not have....we'll never know unless that full list is released....and I doubt that it will be....

Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:49 (Ref:932421)   #984
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
But they may not have....we'll never know unless that full list is released....and I doubt that it will be....
Or news coming from Liz...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Do the ACO have the power to remove that car from the list to allow in a reserve?
I don't dare to say "no" anymore now !

Theoricaly not, but now that you know my motto...

Last edited by Fab; 6 Apr 2004 at 15:51.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 16:08 (Ref:932437)   #985
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:

At least one Pilbeam was put forward.

Say no one else pulls out before the PQ's, but at the the PQ's a team that is on the list is either very slow, unreliable or falls foul of the ACO in some other way.

Judging by last year's Test Day and Qualifying results...particularly the "Best" lap times posted for the Norma and the WRs....their "pace" or lack thereof, would not prompt the ACO to drop them....

It supposedly is some sort of complicated formula that regulates whether or not an entry is "too slow".....

I remember raising the issue about the Norma last year, because the critieria that were posted on this subject seemed at the time to not be met by the Norma's times...at least in its own LMP 900 class when compared to the times of the other LMP900 entries....

Someone on the Forum gave me an answer that made at least some sense at the time....but I can't remember what it was....but I belive it had to do with the Norma's times falling within that criteria when compared to the top times in another class, like GT...

But don't quote me on that...I really can't remember specifically

All I really remember is that it seemed to be a complicated way to determine it.....

If anyone can shed light on this for us, we'd appreciate it.

Old 6 Apr 2004, 16:09 (Ref:932438)   #986
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
One minor point that's been puzzling me about the reserve entries- (and I think I already know the answer.....)

Is there any logic to the order of precedence in which the reserves are called up- or extra cars are added to the reserve list?- (ie how Taurus or whoever got to be first on the reserves list, and so on)- or is it done by some totally random method known only to the ACO?

Is there some kind of 'reserve reserve' list as Nordic suggested, or did they just get a blindfolded member of ACO staff to just pull two rejected entry forms out of the wastepaper basket at random and then add them to the reserves.....?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:23 (Ref:932510)   #987
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a bloody insult to now give Konrad a reserve place !!! And another bloody WR !!!

This is stinkin !!!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:31 (Ref:932518)   #988
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
With Chris Dyson in the RfH Dome I wonder will he bring some Thetford-Norcold money with him ?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:32 (Ref:932520)   #989
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
They do seem to be dropping like flies. So am I right in thinking the reserve list now reads:

1) Racing for Holland Dome-Judd S101
2) Seikel Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
3) Gerard Welter WR-Peugeot LM2004
4) Konrad Motorsport Saleen S7-R?

What do you think the chances of any of these getting in are, and who might drop out next?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:38 (Ref:932530)   #990
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by KA

Interesting, and if DSC say so, I believe it.

But the ACO updated their list today and there are no extra reserves on it.

Yet.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:21 (Ref:932581)   #991
KA
Veteran

It appeared on DSC late this afternoon, so several hours after the updated official entry list was published (think I saw that on DSC this morning?) Heaven only knows what's going on at the ACO...
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:22 (Ref:932583)   #992
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing for Holland Dome-Judd S1
Gerard Welter WR-Peugeot LM2004
Konrad Motorsport Saleen S7-R

I personally would rather see these 3 in and some of the Porsche GT cars out...
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:45 (Ref:932615)   #993
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
It appeared on DSC late this afternoon, so several hours after the updated official entry list was published (think I saw that on DSC this morning?) Heaven only knows what's going on at the ACO...

I would think there are a number of worried (and not a little embarrassed) people there right now.......
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:30 (Ref:932678)   #994
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, the bloom is off the initial success of the LMES now. I always felt all the chatter about the rebirth was pretty optimistic - and that those in North America who felt the LMES was hurting the ALMS were off the mark.

It now looks much more like all ACO-ruleset racing is simply just now starting its recovery. A much more realistic viewpoint after all. Don't forget, 2004 is the transition year. We had to expect this...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Apr 2004, 20:03 (Ref:932717)   #995
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
They do seem to be dropping like flies. So am I right in thinking the reserve list now reads:

1) Racing for Holland Dome-Judd S101
2) Seikel Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
3) Gerard Welter WR-Peugeot LM2004
4) Konrad Motorsport Saleen S7-R?

What do you think the chances of any of these getting in are, and who might drop out next?
Almost correct but you forgot the second TVR in the second place
Old 6 Apr 2004, 20:55 (Ref:932767)   #996
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote Paul:

Yes, the bloom is off the initial success of the LMES now. I always felt all the chatter about the rebirth was pretty optimistic - and that those in North America who felt the LMES was hurting the ALMS were off the mark.

My Response:
Waht does the fact that the ACO is acting illogically and irrationally have to do with the LMES? Personally, I still feel that the LMES is hurting the ALMS. It gves teams like Pescarolo, RFH, Zytek, and Courage no reason to come to North America.

Last edited by dretceterini; 6 Apr 2004 at 20:55.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:06 (Ref:932774)   #997
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im happy konrad will at least be at test day now. It will have to be a miricle though for him to get in. i only see a few teams that may withdraw (Force One, and maybe the CARE 550) seems like the Zytek will be there, even if they have to use the Jota chassis.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:18 (Ref:932792)   #998
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:24 (Ref:932797)   #999
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

yes they can !
see Art. 9 on the ofiicial test day regulation
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:41 (Ref:932816)   #1000
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
both lmsr.com and Infocourse are announcing Comas/Treluyer/Bourdais and Ayari/Minassian/Collard for Pescarolo

it's gonna be fast again