Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2663663)   #1001
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I recall correctly one of the caveats of allowing the GT-1s in at Le Mans this year was of minimum participation in an endurance series. The teams (on the whole) seem to be not upholding this, the ACO should pull the plug on the class and place reserves to fill the spots, now! So as to allow the teams to get full and well prepared for June! IMO of course.

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2663671)   #1002
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem is there are 8 GT1's for Le Mans and only 5 Reserves.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2663675)   #1003
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Fine - allow LMP reserves in too.

Anything's got to be better than this awful lingering of a class.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2663681)   #1004
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That is not a problem as I see it, as there are 10 reserves! Besides the Matech Ford on the GT list is a GT-1, so 4 of each.

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2663694)   #1005
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately, the ACO has made their bed. They'll need to allow the GT1 cars to run at LM. For one car, I'd cancel the class in the LMS post LM.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2663699)   #1006
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would be very happy with that but I doubt it will happen. Also, I think maybe the Peka Corvettes, Alphand Corvettes, Lambo (by what is being said in other threads) and maybe!! the Saleen, could make it based on past performances.
However, one question I have is if the LM GT1 will be ACO-spec or based on Ratatouille's rules? Or all they all the same crap job?
Old 30 Mar 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2663725)   #1007
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
based on Ratatouille's rules?
Old 30 Mar 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2663740)   #1008
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Oh crap. It doesn't look good.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2663745)   #1009
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Down to just the Larbre Saleen in GT1 now, seriously ACO just get rid of the class, its an embarrassment.
Someone please shoot the damn horse....
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2663758)   #1010
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
u say scrap the class now....but il actually cry the last time a saleen goes on track....such an awesome car, il really miss it, wish it was racing in the fia gt1 series tho..would fit in much better
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2663806)   #1011
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Unfortunately, the ACO has made their bed. They'll need to allow the GT1 cars to run at LM. For one car, I'd cancel the class in the LMS post LM.
I would not state that as ironclad! The ACO did leave themselves an out.
Quote:
These same constructors will also have to participate in our European or Asian series, this being a determining requirement for the selection of those invited to race at the 2010 24 Heures du Mans.

From http://www.lemans.org/files/actu/200...__4626_gb.html

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2663821)   #1012
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I would not state that as ironclad! The ACO did leave themselves an out.

From http://www.lemans.org/files/actu/200...__4626_gb.html

L.P.

But they've made the selections and the invites. This provision seems to indicate
Quote:
this being a determining requirement
for the selection
It doesn't say, if we make selections, and they drop out... then...

If they backed out now, there would be big time lawsuits. It is too late to change the logistics.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2663825)   #1013
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they will participate, just not in all rounds
Old 30 Mar 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2663848)   #1014
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
But they've made the selections and the invites. This provision seems to indicate

It doesn't say, if we make selections, and they drop out... then...

If they backed out now, there would be big time lawsuits. It is too late to change the logistics.
A requirement, which has not been met!!

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2663852)   #1015
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I'm generally dead-set against mandating all-season long entries, figuring it does more harm than good (e.g. it would have ruled out the appearance of the WFR Embassy at Silverstone last year) but for a Le Mans entry I wouldn't have a problem at all with insisting on entrants for the 24 Hours being season long competitors in one of the three ACO regs championships.

If people think that's too extreme then auto-invites could be exempt from a clause like this.

The GT1 situation this year makes a farce of what is otherwise a really strong entry list, and given the strength in both LMP and GT2 on the reserve list it's galling to see places being taken by what look like being one off appearance cars.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2663867)   #1016
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

L.P.
Unless the popular interpretation is incorrect, participation seems to involve entering in at least one pre-Le Mans LMS race. The general consensus among teams seems to be to make Spa rather than Paul Ricard that race. I have to say I agree with Fogelhund; they have to lie in their bed this year, but they can throw out the frame and burn the mattress for next...
Old 31 Mar 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2663921)   #1017
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:

L.P.
I get that point.

If the requirement wasn't met, they shouldn't have been selected.

They were selected however, and we are past the point referenced to by the ACO.

There is no provision for being "de-selected".

This is one of the reasons some people complain about how early the ACO announces their "invitations". Participation in events such as Sebring, or in this case LMS should be a pre-requirement. Too bad the ACO didn't follow their own rules, and get stung for it.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2664168)   #1018
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It won't make an appearance in 2010, but:
WR-Salini announces development of Diesel LMP1 engine for 2011.

Interesting news.
Especially the part where Pascal Sexy () highlights that 80% of the components are manufactured by Peugeot.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2664190)   #1019
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
So we'll be seeing a Peugeot-Peugeot diesel engine and a WR-Peugeot(-ish) diesel engine in 2011? Or this is just a sneaky revelation that WR is already working on the basic concept of Peugeot's 2011 LMP1 engine?

Or simply that WR are using parts currently going in the big V12 for a 2011-spec engine?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2664204)   #1020
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Or simply that WR are using parts currently going in the big V12 for a 2011-spec engine?

What, one of the cylinder heads?

edit: upon reading the article I see it is a V-8, so not much, if any, of 'the big V12' would be used.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 31 Mar 2010 at 15:12.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2664224)   #1021
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will be back with peugeot? That would be great news
Old 31 Mar 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2664275)   #1022
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The article also states that WR intends to sell the engine to privateers. So in some ways a similar situation to the Mazda/AER scenario (albeit a role reversal).

Unless they do something special, WR will be (for the most part) selling rebadged Peugeot engines.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2664326)   #1023
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Producing a customer diesel P1 engine is an interesting direction to take.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2664332)   #1024
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Oreca did mention that the 02 (their 2011 P1) would be fitted with a Peugeot engine, so it's not exactly news that Peugeot is increasing its customer programme; though it does seem to be on quite a large scale at the moment.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2664413)   #1025
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they're 2 separate projects; the Peugeot engine will be a race engine. The WR V8 is made out of 80% Peugeot parts. Interesting if they're 908 parts; but I would think it's eight pistons and other parts from the road car V6 (just like the LMP675 V6 and turbo-4 used Peugeot parts already).