Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 11 Dec 2012, 00:04 (Ref:3177364)   #1026
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes that is true GB and you raise a good point. Why not steroid-up the TL cars and have them merge with the ST's as a feeder series.

I still do think however that the TLX cars have some merit, i.e. NZ designed and assembled with some NZ componentry. We have all seen that the total package of the TLX cars is not bad at all, but you are right in saying that not enough have been produced. But give it another year and who knows.

As we all know the 2012/13 calendar is set in sloppy concrete so it should go ahead, but as Bill pointed out that things could be different come 2014. Or rather should be different come 2014.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3177372)   #1027
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it was asked before and no one answered who owns the name nzv8.

I more hope for the merge so we could see 2 or so rounds with the TRS I know it's one make series solcram but I have a soft spot for single seaters
Old 11 Dec 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3177381)   #1028
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Making the STs the top class really would be a mistake. The simple one make class should be a feeder. Knock back the revs and power to improve reliability and costs and run the new V8s as the top class. Better brand distinction and far more likely to attract the brands.

Socram has a good point, must have variety.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 02:28 (Ref:3177382)   #1029
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Making the STs the top class really would be a mistake. The simple one make class should be a feeder. Knock back the revs and power to improve reliability and costs and run the new V8s as the top class. Better brand distinction and far more likely to attract the brands.

Well now the power is in the hands of the shareholders of NZ Vee Eight Entrants Group Association Ltd. Given Greg Lancaster's views already expressed in this forum and the support he has now received from shareholders it would seem that the new cars will not become the "pinnacle" of tin top racing in NZ.

I did hear a rumour about a NZV8 driver being unhappy at being misquoted in the MSNZ press release about NZV8's last week.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 02:37 (Ref:3177383)   #1030
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Originally it was TMC.
VEEGA was/is the representative group of owners that dealt with TMC.

WHo owns it now????.....................
Good Question.

I would have thought VEEGA would own it as they are the ones taking (was?) the action against supertourers.

If it is TMC (Now MPL) then liquidation means it must be sold by the liquidator.
If MPL has sold it to this new company as suggested has MPL been paid for it?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 03:15 (Ref:3177388)   #1031
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
Good Question.

I would have thought VEEGA would own it as they are the ones taking (was?) the action against supertourers.

If it is TMC (Now MPL) then liquidation means it must be sold by the liquidator.
If MPL has sold it to this new company as suggested has MPL been paid for it?
This is the summary of the position by the Judge in the first High Court hearing :

VEEGA is a company that was formed to coordinate and represent the interests of the entrants in the Motorsport New Zealand (MSNZ) NZV8 Championship – the V8 touring car racing series organised and promoted by MSNZ and its 60% subsidiary, Motorsport Promotions Limited (formerly the Motorsport Company Limited (TMC)).

In 2008, VEEGA and TMC entered a joint venture agreement under which VEEGA’s wholly owned subsidiary, New Zealand V8’s Limited (NZV8’s), would retain and manage the commercial rights to NZV8’s touring cars and TMC would provide NZV8’s with organisational and promotional services in relation to the MSNZ championships.

This tends to indicate that TMC/MPL had a contract to organise and promote Tier 1 and VEEGA and it's 100% subsidiary (NZV8s Ltd) held the commercial rights which could include the NZV8 brand?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 03:33 (Ref:3177389)   #1032
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Well now the power is in the hands of the shareholders of NZ Vee Eight Entrants Group Association Ltd. Given Greg Lancaster's views already expressed in this forum and the support he has now received from shareholders it would seem that the new cars will not become the "pinnacle" of tin top racing in NZ.

I did hear a rumour about a NZV8 driver being unhappy at being misquoted in the MSNZ press release about NZV8's last week.
what's up ace.. you didn't name any names?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 03:34 (Ref:3177390)   #1033
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This could become very interesting if MSNZ uses the brand to promote the TLX class. As VEEGA is moving on without the TLX class cars and if they believe they own the NZV8 branding then would they want to promote cars not in the VEEGA ownership structure.

If it was MPL that owned the brand creditors will be looking to see what was paid for the Brand and to see if fair market value was obtained.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 04:34 (Ref:3177394)   #1034
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It got a laugh out of me...

Old 11 Dec 2012, 04:37 (Ref:3177395)   #1035
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Run TLX and NZST together give them horsepower, torque and weight parity. The racing would be great with the different types of cars making their horsepower in different ways there would be far more passing.

Also with different brands there will be far more sponsorship opportunities.

Who cares who owns the NZV8 name they are all NZV8s.

Whoops was that a can of worms I just opened?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 05:20 (Ref:3177399)   #1036
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I agree with Bill on this. But it wont happen because of egos as i mentioned before

Dont worry about the can o worms, there have been plenty opened on here recently it looks like a worm farm!

The NZV8's in their current guise will not attract good sponsors (i know they have a few but not many), will not attract great crowd numbers and the TV package i'm guesing will be nothing to write home about.

But put the two together and i reckon the interest levels will go up big time, and then good corporate sponsorship should/will follow and so will the PAYING punters.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 06:11 (Ref:3177402)   #1037
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I agree with Bill on this. But it wont happen because of egos as i mentioned before

Dont worry about the can o worms, there have been plenty opened on here recently it looks like a worm farm!

The NZV8's in their current guise will not attract good sponsors (i know they have a few but not many), will not attract great crowd numbers and the TV package i'm guesing will be nothing to write home about.

But put the two together and i reckon the interest levels will go up big time, and then good corporate sponsorship should/will follow and so will the PAYING punters.
i think timaru and teretonga are good for reasonable crowds for another january.........TRS/trucks/a few v8s and half ok supports and the fact that the locals always hang out for the january events will see them right....
hopefully the tracks end up with a couple coins in the bank without the bloodsuckers involved........
north island.....different story really.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3177409)   #1038
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
i think timaru and teretonga are good for reasonable crowds for another january.........TRS/trucks/a few v8s and half ok supports and the fact that the locals always hang out for the january events will see them right....

Yeah, for all those trying to stop the whole summer series,
I think Timaru and Teretonga need some sort of summer series to make some money for the year,
pretty sure that the summer series has been a large part of Timaru's income in years past,
and is usually quite well supported.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3177411)   #1039
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

That's the silliest thing you've ever said...
Old 11 Dec 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3177412)   #1040
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
That's the silliest thing you've ever said...
why??
whislt ST did have some deceent racing after mid-season, they are still a generic car.
would far rather see some colour and spice in the feild
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3177414)   #1041
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
why??
whislt ST did have some deceent racing after mid-season, they are still a generic car.
would far rather see some colour and spice in the feild
Because, my dear fellow, the top tier will end up where the money is, and the money, I'm afraid, is almost entirely with ST, as are the drivers...
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3177415)   #1042
harcey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Yeah, for all those trying to stop the whole summer series,
I think Timaru and Teretonga need some sort of summer series to make some money for the year,
pretty sure that the summer series has been a large part of Timaru's income in years past,
and is usually quite well supported.
those lot are among the most enthusiastic crowd you will find in this country.those two tracks always do well and just because the v8 scene aint what is was is academic...........they will love the TRS i reckon..with all the international returnee's is gonna be ferocious racing and interesting for the clerks of course who i think now run the days instead of the old event director shambles we had previously(could be wrong on that----hope im not)....
may it snow and hail and sleet so the locals can get full benefit from wearing shorts and jandles...............
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3177417)   #1043
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
... egos ...
I applaud your enthusiasm but I'm sorry to have to say, in this case, your enthusiasm has outstripped your knowledge.
I can't even begin to spell out why nothing is as simple as you think.

Despite Rev's crusade most of what has been said on here is loosely correct and given the tortured course of events and machinations, now is not the time to 'kiss and make up'.

Some appalling decisions have been made by folks who never should have been showing such bias.
These people need to be gone.

If it were your local MP behaving like this you'd be baying for blood.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3177418)   #1044
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Because, my dear fellow, the top tier will end up where the money is, and the money, I'm afraid, is almost entirely with ST, as are the drivers...
so I can see how the pinnacle of NZ curcuit racing is called Teir 1 ............. a whole heap of generic 1 make racecars
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3177420)   #1045
harcey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
I applaud your enthusiasm but I'm sorry to have to say, in this case, your enthusiasm has outstripped your knowledge.
I can't even begin to spell out why nothing is as simple as you think.

Despite Rev's crusade most of what has been said on here is loosely correct and given the tortured course of events and machinations, now is not the time to 'kiss and make up'.

Some appalling decisions have been made by folks who never should have been showing such bias.
These people need to be gone.

If it were your local MP behaving like this you'd be baying for blood.
yep...she's not all rosy in ST land..........if it was gonna become the hallowed class it also needs a lot of stuff sorted....theres lots of speculation and knife throwing going on but those close to the coal fire know that there is still lots to rectify internally in ST......
i am amazed how PC some of those in the know have been...me included...go figure.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3177422)   #1046
isoskim
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
isoskim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yep...she's not all rosy in ST land..........if it was gonna become the hallowed class it also needs a lot of stuff sorted....theres lots of speculation and knife throwing going on but those close to the coal fire know that there is still lots to rectify internally in ST......
i am amazed how PC some of those in the know have been...me included...go figure.
Can you explain any more than that? More than teething problems, problems with specific people involved? etc etc?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3177423)   #1047
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
sooooooooooooooo, is part of the kiss and make up process involve correcting the NZST DNA and fitting LS1 to the VE and Coyotes to the 'Coons, to have a wee play with the few MRX cars running DNA based engines.................which was supposed to happen whe the pace chassis was first mooted.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3177424)   #1048
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Fair comment Icarus_nz, i'll take that on board. Please note though i always suggest that it would be nice if the two parties would kiss and make-up....i know all too well that wont happen because of ego's....but i am always the optimist

On to the south island track thing, that is one area with the ST's that has dissapointed me. Whenever i go to Southland, which is quite a lot, the conversation often leans towards motorsport and there is huuuuge support for any form of motorsport down that way. To deprive them of the ST series (and any other national series for that matter) is not fair. And yes i realise that it may be down to facilities not being up to scratch, but i dont buy into that, especially when there was significant accidents at Manfield, Puke and Ruapuna.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3177429)   #1049
harcey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoskim View Post
Can you explain any more than that? More than teething problems, problems with specific people involved? etc etc?
NOPE......all i will say is that lots need's to be sorted...which most people already know from the both sides daggers that has become so prevalent lately........i am involved with "both sides" so to speak but my interest and passion is with NZ motorsport as a whole and that really is whats most important..we have serious issues with MNZ management/nzv8/v8st/member clubs confidence/old boys network/tracks/general direction/egos/etc etc...i said to someone the other day that i am so happy i dont have a young son trying to come through the ranks right now !!!!!!!what the hell do you put him in which has some sort of direction......so rip me to bits for not being more forthcoming......
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3177431)   #1050
isoskim
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
isoskim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
NOPE......all i will say is that lots need's to be sorted...which most people already know from the both sides daggers that has become so prevalent lately........i am involved with "both sides" so to speak but my interest and passion is with NZ motorsport as a whole and that really is whats most important..we have serious issues with MNZ management/nzv8/v8st/member clubs confidence/old boys network/tracks/general direction/egos/etc etc...i said to someone the other day that i am so happy i dont have a young son trying to come through the ranks right now !!!!!!!what the hell do you put him in which has some sort of direction......so rip me to bits for not being more forthcoming......
Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound like I was trying to rip you to bits, appreciate the explanation mate, was not intended. Cheers.