Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Mar 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1880287)   #1026
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Audi is not going to do a good job proving the equivalence formula between petrol and diesel is accurate with such a gentleman-heavy car.
But all they need is a laptime, which Fassler will provide. And I reckon the only laps worth noting are probably going to be those set on the Wednesday and Thursday evenings at Le Mans this year.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1880577)   #1027
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
But all they need is a laptime, which Fassler will provide. And I reckon the only laps worth noting are probably going to be those set on the Wednesday and Thursday evenings at Le Mans this year.
Good call. They can also show stint lengths in #s of laps, since the economy between a gentleman driver and a pro probably won't differ by as much as a lap (though it does differ between drivers - I forget who it was, but I remember that one of the Audi pilots had better fuel economy than the others in the R8) so they'll get that argument too. Sadly, I'm not so sure it has a chance to challenge for race wins in the LMS with this lineup. Charouz will be our Lola hope!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1881058)   #1028
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation will not be in Monza (ei)
Their LMP1 chassis will be crash tested April 10th, which is too late to get ready for Monza. Shinji Nakano will drive in Le Mans, Spa, Nürburgring and Silverstone.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1881127)   #1029
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The article actually says that Creation MIGHT not be at Monza rather than definately won't be at Monza. At least that is what the translation says. But either way its not particularly good news.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 16:00 (Ref:1881150)   #1030
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
The article actually says that Creation MIGHT not be at Monza rather than definately won't be at Monza. At least that is what the translation says. But either way its not particularly good news.
The pink text in the end has the crash test info and they'll miss Monza because the test is so late.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1881152)   #1031
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think they need to work on there relighabilty first its a shame because they are a good outfit and well funded but they always manage to hit problems. but might be different this season fingers crossed but it wouldbe great to see them defeat pesca this year
Old 1 Apr 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1881186)   #1032
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung
The pink text in the end has the crash test info and they'll miss Monza because the test is so late.
Sorry Vorsprung your absolutely right. I must learn to read the whole of articles in the future.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1881258)   #1033
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats a shame. could have been a spanner in peugeots works? but maybe the monza straights would have scuppered them anyway, and arent they still on 675 tyres?
Old 1 Apr 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1881269)   #1034
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
No they have a brand new set-up
Old 1 Apr 2007, 19:51 (Ref:1881371)   #1035
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza will be less crowded (on the track) than expected. we were counting some of the cars that won't be there (Creation, Arena, Swiss Spirit) plus other doubtful cases (Noel del Bello) and some last minute ones so we will have less than 50 for sure. JWA has received an invitation, maybe others as well? Should be a strong grid anyway and ....will Peugeot do as good as expected?????
Old 1 Apr 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1881445)   #1036
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it depends on what you expect from the Pug's crew... for me it wont be and Audi-style domination... maybe they'll struggle in the first 2-3 races for reliability but as seen on the HTTT Test they should be in the front as for laptimes... i think a podium for the first 2 races would be a good thing for them...
Old 2 Apr 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1882088)   #1037
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Martin Short?

Not in the car this year. Driver lineup Barbosa,Keen and Stuart Hall http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=3416&thold=0

L.P.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1882114)   #1038
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Not in the car this year. Driver lineup Barbosa,Keen and Stuart Hall http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=3416&thold=0

L.P.

Wow. Strong lineup. I wondered why they were testing Hall in the car, and now it's clear. My respect for Martin grows leaps and bounds - it must kill him to step out of the car, but he's giving them a serious shot at an incredible season.

I'd love to see Martin out in the Radical once or twice, if they could get the deal together. He's a top bloke, committed to putting together a quality race team, and I feel he should be rewarded for that commitment.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 17:34 (Ref:1882127)   #1039
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk

I'd love to see Martin out in the Radical once or twice, if they could get the deal together. He's a top bloke, committed to putting together a quality race team, and I feel he should be rewarded for that commitment.
He did say at the autosport show he prefers LMP2 to drive in an interview I saw on Motors TV.."but the sponsers want to be at the top" or something similar

He also already has a LMP2 car and his Team are going to be at all the races so would it be that expensive to run the radical ? with some wealthy "gentleman driver" ?
Old 2 Apr 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1882179)   #1040
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just the Rollcentre transporter, not 15 mins ago coming out of the Embassy Racing workshop....
Old 2 Apr 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1882197)   #1041
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I have just the Rollcentre transporter, not 15 mins ago coming out of the Embassy Racing workshop....
Given up on the Pilbeam already?
Old 2 Apr 2007, 19:51 (Ref:1882202)   #1042
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Given up on the Pilbeam already?
Seems so! As confirmed by DSC.

L.P.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1882228)   #1043
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Why did they not buy the race ready Radical at the end of last year?

Last edited by FIRE; 2 Apr 2007 at 20:31.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1882234)   #1044
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shimoda/chilton - arena zytek, @ monza
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1882237)   #1045
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good to see Shimoda back in a LMP1.

What's your source?
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:33 (Ref:1882240)   #1046
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
Full story is over at DSC but gist of it is Embassy have bought the Rollcentre Radical and are going to run it over the course of 2007 - a direct result of their experience with the Pilbeam at Ricard and the remedial work needed.

Personally I'm delighted the Rollcentre Radical has sold - it was criminal to have it sitting on the shelf, but gutted for Pilbeam - Embassy's programme seemed to have the potential to drive the car forward, to say nothing of the obvious benefits of having more than one car running.

Still - does this mean we'll see Embassy at Le Mans in June?
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:34 (Ref:1882242)   #1047
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Shimoda joining Chilton and Johansson at LM?
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1882245)   #1048
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Here Come the Belgians!

The other Stuart Hall once bought a second hand cuckoo clock from my, late, Great Aunt.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:39 (Ref:1882253)   #1049
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Still - does this mean we'll see Embassy at Le Mans in June?
Rollcentre has an invitation, so If Embassy wants it they can race at LM. Because they have bought the Radical I get the impression money is not a problem for Embassy.

Martin Short joining Embassy drivers Neil Cunningham and Warren Hughes in the "Rollcentre" Radical at LM?
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:47 (Ref:1882260)   #1050
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess I will take that as scoop then, well sort off !!!

I was just passing and it just seem odding seeing the Rollcentre truck there, I have been sat racking my brain thinking what was it doing there, guess we know now.

Last edited by rdjones; 2 Apr 2007 at 20:51.