Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Mar 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4038166)   #1051
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Did someone mention Halle Berry?
Are you suggesting that Halle Berry is a 'bag of sand'?
Old 3 Mar 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4038167)   #1052
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Are you suggesting that Halle Berry is a 'bag of sand'?
Life's a beach…
Old 3 Mar 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4038190)   #1053
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
In fact, one was different, and did 70 laps. The team received several warnings by the CoC for the smoky and too noisy engine! A long while before The Sigma/ Mazda.
According to racing sportscars the one that retired after 70 laps was on of the 3 Tracta A's the 2 stroke retired after 43 laps.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4038205)   #1054
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Fact is the fourth car was not really a Tracta but couldn't be entered as such because of the ACO regulation. You had to prove that a certain amount of cars had been produced to be accepted. So, what was in reality a Fenaille is listed as a Tracta.

Dont rely too much on the books, for instance sometimes I'm listed in '74, sometimes not and sometimes in '75 which has never been the case (with Aeschliman on Porsche)!
Old 3 Mar 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4038222)   #1055
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Funny name to have a car sounding like a farm vehicle, if that's how you pronounce it.

Of course there's always the question of whether enough cars have been made by the manufacturer in all series. It's also always interesting to hear about the lesser known Le Mans cars, that tend to get forgotten in the mists of time
Old 3 Mar 2021, 12:16 (Ref:4038236)   #1056
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Double post. Ooops.

Last edited by E.B; 3 Mar 2021 at 12:25.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 12:23 (Ref:4038239)   #1057
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Good points, thanks. I see what you're referring to Max, but its not the "Joint Tracta" also known as CV joint.
The four Tractas have been entered by Pierre Fenaille as "concurrent". They were supposed to be the same model as requested by ACO. In fact, one was different, and did 70 laps. The team received several warnings by the CoC for the smoky and too noisy engine! A long while before The Sigma/ Mazda.
It was certainly smokey.... the #24 Tracta Spéciale of Roger Bourcier and Tribaudot pictured below had a Cozette 2 stroke engine (I think it only lasted 43 laps.... the Lemesle/Benoist Tracta A type had a SCAP engine and lasted 70 laps.)

The other two Tracta type A SCAP cars finished in the top 10 (9th Balart / Debeugny and 10th Grégoire / Vallon)

Edit: Shucks.... 'rbs' beat me to it just noticed.

Last edited by E.B; 3 Mar 2021 at 12:31.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4038351)   #1058
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No, no, on the contrary that's fine. Couldn't imagine you'll find this kind of picture. Keep this kind of magic to the thread, one question without picture, several relevant answers and a pic. Cant ask for more! Where did you find it, I wonder… Merci Messieurs les Anglais.
Just for the record, I think Cozette supplied the compressor for free, a kind of sponsorship.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4039900)   #1059
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
In view of the current problems, i propose that we suspend posting pictures until things are back to normal.Bauble. Agreed. Fortunately, here at least, we dont need any picture to ask and answer any brilliant question! Show must go on!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 23:45 (Ref:4040024)   #1060
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just remember - all rules must be obeyed!

You know who you are...
Old 12 Mar 2021, 06:07 (Ref:4040049)   #1061
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Aye aye, sir! yes sir! Buuuuuuuut no pics doesn't mean no image, yes? You mentioned Halle Berry, had a thought about that last night watching Sherlock. Pheeeew, Rachel MacAdams… Better looking than Catherine Zeta Jones and Jamie Lee Curtis? Have to check!
Old 12 Mar 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4040089)   #1062
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rachel's head on Jamie Lee's body!
Old 12 Mar 2021, 11:14 (Ref:4040092)   #1063
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Rachel's head on Jamie Lee's body!

And there was I thinking that you only drooled over cars! How wrong was I.
Old 12 Mar 2021, 11:39 (Ref:4040103)   #1064
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Oh no, but cars as well!

And motorbikes.

My wife likes to relate the tale of when we were at the Festival of Speed one year, and I was looking at a line-up of Barry Sheene's racing 'bikes. There was a gorgeous, scantily clad model draping herself over them, and as I approached her, she flicked her hair back provocatively, anticipating that I was about to ask her if she would pose for a photo... well, my wife reckons the look on her face was priceless as I asked her to move out of the way so I could get a photo of the 'bikes!
Old 12 Mar 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4040106)   #1065
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In another time back in the sixties, I was fortunate to have as my girlfriend with whom I was about to ask her parents for her hand in marriage and who was drop dead gorgeous, although, because of her upbringing, she wasn't really aware of. However, I never got the opportunity to get to see her parents, not because of the young lady, but that is a long story that it is not important now even though I deeply regret it to this day.

Anyway, we went to the press day at the Car Show at Earls Court one year, and when we stopped to admire one of the cars, the press photographers all gathered around us, pleading with her and me for her to start posing with this or that car. I don't blame them; she had the face of an angel, a pretty good body and undercarriage, and to top it off, literally, she had beautiful blond hair that shone and had never seen a bottle of colouring in her lifetime, and which was long and flowing, so long that she could, and often did, sit on.

She refused their imploring. She could easily have been a model, but her mother would never have allowed it.
Old 12 Mar 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4040119)   #1066
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Paul, I did the same thing at Geneva Motors Show once during the press day, asking to a model laying on an Alfa bonnet to move presto!
Wel, well, well… a mix of Rachel and Jamie Lee, why not? Someone like Catherine Zeta J may be? She looks so intense and provocative.

Puisque Monsieur Mike semble apprécier les blondes, puis-je lui suggérer Rosanna Arquette or Charlize Theron aka Testosterone?
And a song accordingly to the excesses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wb-4xjw_Ko GerryMooooooo!
Old 12 Mar 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4040121)   #1067
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Paul, I did the same thing at Geneva Motors Show once during the press day, asking to a model laying on an Alfa bonnet to move presto!
Wel, well, well… a mix of Rachel and Jamie Lee, why not? Someone like Catherine Zeta J may be? She looks so intense and provocative.

Puisque Monsieur Mike semble apprécier les blondes, puis-je lui suggérer Rosanna Arquette or Charlize Theron aka Testosterone?
And a song accordingly to the excesses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wb-4xjw_Ko GerryMooooooo!
Good to see you plugging an Aussie band there Gerry!
Old 12 Mar 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4040133)   #1068
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE)In another time back in the sixties, I was fortunate to have as my girlfriend with whom I was about to ask her parents for her hand in marriage [/QUOTE]

When I told her father "I would like your daughter for my wife" he replied, "Well bring your wife in and let's have a look at her"

Boom boom!
Old 12 Mar 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4040179)   #1069
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
EB, ever watched Le Grand Bleu movie full length version?

Who can invent a new quizz not requiring any pic now? Bob, RB, morning, Alfa, Will or Paul, all the usual suspects?
Old 12 Mar 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4040191)   #1070
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
EB, ever watched Le Grand Bleu movie full length version?

Who can invent a new quizz not requiring any pic now? Bob, RB, morning, Alfa, Will or Paul, all the usual suspects?
I'm always one to rise to a challenge: "What am I thinking about right now"?
Old 12 Mar 2021, 22:56 (Ref:4040219)   #1071
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm always one to rise to a challenge: "What am I thinking about right now"?
Sex!
Old 12 Mar 2021, 23:09 (Ref:4040223)   #1072
bauble
Veteran

England
They took their new car to the circuit to try it out. This was the car that would put them back on the map, take on the opposition, they had high hopes that it could challenge the best. A good chance to test a few up and coming drivers, however, the times were disappointing, not what they had expected. Time to put the works driver in it, and see it's true pace, but ! Still, while an improvement his times were no where fast enough. They were sunk in gloom and despair, all their hopes had been pinned on the new car, but it was a failure, no way could it compete with the front runners. When HE arrived, he was greeted with little enthusiasm, no one wanted to talk. Still he might as well have a go. Hmm that's a bit better, but not on the pace, well that is not too shabby. Everybody is getting excited, maybe it is not as bad as they thought. Wow! look at that, and just look at that. Suddenly the whole crew are walking on air, the car is not a flop, it is fantastic.

What, where,who?

A number of you should know this one, so PMs please.
Old 13 Mar 2021, 06:18 (Ref:4040242)   #1073
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Sex!
Ha, this is your new question. Well, I'd say as often as possible, make profit while it last but accept less often if its better. Always respecting the good gesture…
Old 13 Mar 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4040283)   #1074
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Ha, this is your new question. Well, I'd say as often as possible, make profit while it last but accept less often if its better. Always respecting the good gesture…

Je ne suis pas aussi bon qu'autrefois, mais je suis aussi bon qu'une fois que je l'ai jamais été
Old 13 Mar 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4040289)   #1075
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sex!
A phrase I was often told as a child comes to mind here: "Don't judge everyone by your own standards!"