Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3743224)   #1051
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Drivers don't slow down and all that's happening is marshals are out at risk. These sort of incidents would be instant FCY in the US.

If someone doesn't like a slow zone then they should be blaming drivers. Its just a device introduced because drivers can't be trusted.
Unfortunately, you are probably right.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3743225)   #1052
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#28 in for his penalty.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3743226)   #1053
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Fisichella's really unhappy about the Vaxiviere accident.
Rightfully so.

I agree with the penalty. I wouldn't Park the whole car but I'd be telling the driver to go home.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3743227)   #1054
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
The TS050 is much quicker down to Mulsanne in particular than the 919, Nakajima just made up a second in that straight alone.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3743228)   #1055
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skemer View Post
Don't think the change will be that low.I've seen a lot of cars losing it under braking going in to the first chicane. And all of them went leftside into the barrier.I bet you one of them would have come damn close to the spot the Risi car made contact.
And one of the things that fails is hard to see from the Mulsanne camera angle. A bent/broken support can leave the rail appears straight but the next impact and it will deflect differently or shear off, neither one is good.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:23 (Ref:3743229)   #1056
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#67 being investigated for overtaking in slow zone.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3743230)   #1057
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
The TS050 is much quicker down to Mulsanne in particular than the 919, Nakajima just made up a second in that straight alone.
Does the Toyota only have 6 gears? It was in 6th on the straight, while the Porsche was in 7th... Same story after the chicane.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3743231)   #1058
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah only 6 gears in this version of the Toyota.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3743232)   #1059
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remaining GTE Pro cars are still all on the same lap after 6h30...
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3743233)   #1060
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting if both GTE-AM and GTE-PRO gets affected by folks penalised for speeding.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3743234)   #1061
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Man risi can't catch a break. Nice to see kanaan enjoying his experience so much. Kinda like Alonso at Indy. Was hoping risi won, now I'm not sure who I want. I guess corvette, because they seem like underdogs right now.

And you can tag on hindy all you want, I love listening to him. And every time they do those hourly updates and start playing "she sells sanctuary", I get a vivid memory in mind of being trackside at either petit le mans or Sebring. I appreciate that.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3743235)   #1062
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Does the Toyota only have 6 gears? It was in 6th on the straight, while the Porsche was in 7th... Same story after the chicane.
Yes, as Akra has said. For whatever reasons (packaging, weight, simplicity) they've made it work.

Lotterer pits and exits just ahead of Nakajima. The chase is resumed.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3743236)   #1063
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Man risi can't catch a break. Nice to see kanaan enjoying his experience so much. Kinda like Alonso at Indy. Was hoping risi won, now I'm not sure who I want. I guess corvette, because they seem like underdogs right now.

And you can tag on hindy all you want, I love listening to him. And every time they do those hourly updates and start playing "she sells sanctuary", I get a vivid memory in mind of being trackside at either petit le mans or Sebring. I appreciate that.
Memories of sitting in the Le Mans campsite for me. That song gives me a little shiver down the spine. Many don't like him but he's the voice of Le Mans and we wouldn't have RLM without him.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3743237)   #1064
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the #9 a lap down already?
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3743238)   #1065
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great, hourly update during the battle for second.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3743239)   #1066
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Here we go with the 2nd place battle again.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3743240)   #1067
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Nah just the timing is slow. Its about 90 seconds down I think.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3743241)   #1068
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Damn he made that look easy!
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3743242)   #1069
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Lotterer had no hybrid energy left out of Arnage. Nakajima blew right past him.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3743243)   #1070
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And you can tag on hindy all you want, I love listening to him. .
We all love Hindy. And he gives us plenty of targets for darts, too.

He is famous for so many (There he is going Buffalo gals around the outside" has always mystified me) of his expressions, for getting excited to the point of apoplectic shouting for things both huge and tiny, and calling out the wrong driver and car to describe action he is actually watching.

And for rambling on while ... whoops, there is a race happening.

But figure this ... I can hardly have made a comment on what he just said ... if I wasn't listening.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3743244)   #1071
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look at that! #8 made #1 look like he was standing still!
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3743245)   #1072
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Memories of sitting in the Le Mans campsite for me. That song gives me a little shiver down the spine. Many don't like him but he's the voice of Le Mans and we wouldn't have RLM without him.
I've come across it a few times on sat radio and have to stop to listen, just hits that time for racing feeling. Old Spped channel overnight RLM radio and since I don't really listen to RLM for the WEC so for it's the sound of LM. Just brings out that race day feeling and gets turned up
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3743246)   #1073
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3743247)   #1074
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Nah just the timing is slow. Its about 90 seconds down I think.
It is a lap down (behind all three cars ahead of itself). Its running just behind Lotterer
Old 17 Jun 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3743248)   #1075
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
Great, hourly update during the battle for second.
Mate, it's a radio station, not a TV station. When you're trackside, these hourly updates are the best way of keeping up to date with what's going on, really important to know that you tune in at half past each hour to find out what's going on and that it isn't interrupted.