Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 May 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1298668)   #1051
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See details and entrylist here; http://www.motorracinglegends.com/
Old 11 May 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1298676)   #1052
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
See details and entrylist here; http://www.motorracinglegends.com/
Thanks for that, I see the entry list is up and its a good entry, should be worth watching
Old 11 May 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1298731)   #1053
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
If I've missed this somewhere, my apologies (highly possible, I've been severely distracted in the run-up this year).... But the ACOs schedule for race week makes no provision whatever fora support race on Saturday (or practice for it). So what I have I missed?
Scrutineering in the town centre from 09:00 - 13:00 on the Thursday followed by qualifying from 17:30 - 18:30, also on Thursday. Parade lap 10:00 Saturday with the race 10:15 to 11:15. Good to see Stirling Moss will be driving a C Type.
Old 12 May 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1299110)   #1054
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm. So what was I looking at yesterday on the ACO site?
Old 12 May 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1299117)   #1055
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to see four drivers there who were in the "team" I went to the Classic with in 2002 - Neumark, Green, Griffiths and Williams.
Old 12 May 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1299119)   #1056
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Hmmm. So what was I looking at yesterday on the ACO site?
The Boutique.........?
Old 12 May 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1299141)   #1057
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nah.... It seems as if the old bookmark I used got me into an area of the site which, although relating to 2005, hadn't been updated for a long while. Found the right place now......
Old 12 May 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1299242)   #1058
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
FYI : during the two weeks, the teams will have more time to set-up the cars than before... on the Bugatti track ! They'll have, during the first week (after PQs), some half-days (mornings or afternoons) : wendesday, thursday, friday at least. I didn't succeed to understand if they'll be allowed to use the track for the week-end, in spite the fact that the circuit is open to the public on saturday/sunday.

More show than ever !
Old 12 May 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1299274)   #1059
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
cars should be on track only 9-12 am wednesday and 2-6 pm tuesday and thursday

the rest of the week is for marketing
Old 12 May 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1299327)   #1060
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans Racing is mentionning Tuesday too, 2 to 6 pm...
Old 13 May 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1299707)   #1061
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But at least you have the chance to be there!
Old 13 May 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1299722)   #1062
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm hearing Robbie Kerr may join Cochet and Nakano in the number 13 Courage at Le Mans. Can anyone confirm?
Old 13 May 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1299740)   #1063
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I thought Bruce Jouanny was pretty much confirmed at Courage, alongside Cochet and Nakano? Or are Courage running two cars? I can't recall.
Old 13 May 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1299748)   #1064
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I thought Bruce Jouanny was pretty much confirmed at Courage, alongside Cochet and Nakano? Or are Courage running two cars? I can't recall.
2 cars. Frei/Schwager/Vann I believe and Cochet/Nakano/???.......?
Old 13 May 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1299787)   #1065
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
PBR pilots are confirmed on Infocourse.

And FYI, you've got a report of RFH tests at Zolder on PlanetLeMans.
Old 13 May 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1299798)   #1066
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
2 cars. Frei/Schwager/Vann I believe and Cochet/Nakano/???.......?
Well, still only leaves one seat, and Autosport seemed quite sure that Jouanny would fill it.
Old 15 May 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1301297)   #1067
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Looking at what's going on at silverstone those beautiful aston martins will probably blow the entire opposition away and some prototypes as well, that is if they last the distance off course.
Old 15 May 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1301403)   #1068
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I wouldn't bury the C6 too fast, though...
Old 16 May 2005, 06:02 (Ref:1301900)   #1069
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the Astons ballasted for Le Mans as at Silverstone?
Old 16 May 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1301919)   #1070
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
I wouldn't bury the C6 too fast, though...
Agreed! I want the Astons to win but the C6 has already shown it has the pace. Even Kumpen's stint in the old 04 spec C5 was on the pace at Silverstone yesterday.
Old 16 May 2005, 07:32 (Ref:1301928)   #1071
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is why I am going to Le Mans this year it look amazing and sounds fantastic and I can not wait to see it again in just over 4 weeks time.......
Old 16 May 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1301956)   #1072
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj79
Are the Astons ballasted for Le Mans as at Silverstone?
No. Fortunately there is no 'success' penalty in LMES/Le Mans under ACO rules. The teams race on equal terms. It is used in FIA GT in an attempt to manufacture equality between the entrants (, but you knew that!).
Old 16 May 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1302221)   #1073
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think ballast is maybe a bad idea for LMES and Le Mans because the races are too infrequent - Only 5 LMES races per year, and they're spread pretty far apart, so lots of advances to the cars can be made in that time, so ballast wouldn't quite seem necessary. I have to say it seems to be working in FIA GT though...
Old 16 May 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1302243)   #1074
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I think ballast is maybe a bad idea for LMES and Le Mans because the races are too infrequent - Only 5 LMES races per year, and they're spread pretty far apart, so lots of advances to the cars can be made in that time, so ballast wouldn't quite seem necessary. I have to say it seems to be working in FIA GT though...
Agree
Old 16 May 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1302591)   #1075
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well i spoke to the man that be driving me to Le Mans today and the finner details of the week have been worked out. This time in a month I will have finished work and it's Le Mans here we come !!!!