Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Jun 2007, 11:50 (Ref:1941611)   #1051
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
[Piglet climbs up onto soapbox]
It really was a class race but I'm disappointed to see Shorty kept off the podium by the actions of Peugeot and the inaction of the organisers. The Peugeot's actions were clearly in breach of the regulations but that seems to be OK. I wonder if the outcome would have been the same if the situation had been reversed and it had been Shorty sitting out on the track to avoid doing another lap....hmm...I wonder....

Bourdais said in the press conference that he couldn't have done another lap and that's why he stopped.

Write regs and run to them - all of the time, not just when it suits you do to so [climbs down off soapbox].
I can't agree more, had it been anyone else than a french team and with a driver born in Le Mans they would have been thrown out. But a fantastic result for Shorty.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 12:12 (Ref:1941628)   #1052
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The weather was foul, I wasn't surprised to see the safety cars on track at the end, the team managers were clamouring for it and (in Hugh Chamberlain's words visited the race director "mob handed" to demand a safety car period there was so much standing water on the track that it was incredibly difficult to drive.
what made it more bizarre was that certainly where i was standing the rain got even heavier in the last ten minutes of the race when the safety car came in!
Old 19 Jun 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1941640)   #1053
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
what made it more bizarre was that certainly where i was standing the rain got even heavier in the last ten minutes of the race when the safety car came in!
I agree...I think you'll find it's something to do with the race having NEVER finished under a safety car and them not wanting to do that now. Nobody said it ever made sense!
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1941705)   #1054
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I can't agree more, had it been anyone else than a french team and with a driver born in Le Mans they would have been thrown out. But a fantastic result for Shorty.
Is Binnie French?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1941706)   #1055
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I tis time that the Brits start organising their own 24 hour race, so then they don't have to deal with those French chauvinistic pigs. any more..
Old 19 Jun 2007, 15:15 (Ref:1941742)   #1056
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
Is Binnie French?
Don't think so but they didn't break any rules, they completed not less than 70% of the distance covered by the race winner and took the flag on the track as is required in the regulations.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1941747)   #1057
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
American and scottish.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1941753)   #1058
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I tis time that the Brits start organising their own 24 hour race, so then they don't have to deal with those French chauvinistic pigs. any more..
a race like that and the events surrounding it would be so tied up in red tape and bureacracy in the UK that it would never happen.

Besides if it was in the England we would have no excuse to invade France with 70,000 car loving enthusiasts every year.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1941804)   #1059
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Don't think so but they didn't break any rules, they completed not less than 70% of the distance covered by the race winner and took the flag on the track as is required in the regulations.
so what rule did Peugeot break?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1941805)   #1060
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
a race like that and the events surrounding it would be so tied up in red tape and bureacracy in the UK that it would never happen.

Besides if it was in the England we would have no excuse to invade France with 70,000 car loving enthusiasts every year.
then live with it and leave the conspiracy theories on your island
Old 19 Jun 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1941834)   #1061
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I agree...I think you'll find it's something to do with the race having NEVER finished under a safety car and them not wanting to do that now. Nobody said it ever made sense!
and when you think about it what a great politically correct podium it made!

Last edited by kdr; 19 Jun 2007 at 17:16.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 17:14 (Ref:1941835)   #1062
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Is Binnie French?
as its been said, i don't believe they broke any rules.

besides mr.binnie could always invoke the "auld alliance"
Old 19 Jun 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1941840)   #1063
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
so what rule did Peugeot break?
Read the other thread
Old 19 Jun 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1941851)   #1064
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the difference between the Track Marshalls moving the stricken, but not dead, Corvette and then later the Track Marshalls helping two LMP2 cars(Noel del Bellow and Zytek/Lowes) out of gravel traps.

I don't see the difference, but apparantly there is some discretion allowed?

Dave Henrie
Old 19 Jun 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1941864)   #1065
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
and when you think about it what a great politically correct podium it made!
everybody happy, but Audi the least

anyway, in case people have some time to spare:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...em.php&rid=119
Old 19 Jun 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1941865)   #1066
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
well purchasing power of the pound should be sufficient reason to come to Europe every day....
Old 19 Jun 2007, 18:35 (Ref:1941922)   #1067
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie
Whats the difference between the Track Marshalls moving the stricken, but not dead, Corvette and then later the Track Marshalls helping two LMP2 cars(Noel del Bellow and Zytek/Lowes) out of gravel traps.

I don't see the difference, but apparantly there is some discretion allowed?

Dave Henrie
The LMP cars were still powered by their petrol engine, the Corvette was powered by it's starting engine (broken driveshaft). The latter is not allowed.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1941928)   #1068
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The LMP cars were still powered by their petrol engine, the Corvette was powered by it's starting engine (broken driveshaft). The latter is not allowed.
exactly, if he hadnt cut the engine off they would have never known and been able to hide the starter running the car back to the pits. However, if it could have been repaired is pointless as none of the rest had big problems to bring the 64 to the rest of the field.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1941944)   #1069
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely, if there were no Peugeot, no Pescarolo, no Courage, no Larbre, no ORECA, no Epsilon, no Alphand, no Pierre Bruneau...There would be probably no chauvinistic French at all !

Last edited by PascaLM; 19 Jun 2007 at 19:11.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1941952)   #1070
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Surely, if there were no Peugeot, no Pescarolo, no Courage, no Larbre, no ORECA, no Epsilon, no Alphand, no Pierre Bruneau...There would be probably no chauvinistic French at all !
we will cheer for WM
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:17 (Ref:1941954)   #1071
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I'm back from the wars, this year saw a record minimum of 5hrs of the 24 actually viewed in the flesh due to a combination of poor weather, a group bbq, a severe case of the Barry Whites/Two Bob Bits/etc., and having to break camp before the heaven's opened again. In better news, the re-done Dunlop Chicane was gloriously action packed.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1941956)   #1072
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ah, better to be chauvinistic than jingoistic, eh Pascal.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1941957)   #1073
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
we will cheer for WM
There hasn't been a WM at LM for a while, my friend. Go back to your books.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:00 (Ref:1941988)   #1074
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
There hasn't been a WM at LM for a while, my friend. Go back to your books.
when all other French makes disappear the ACO will invite them again...
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1942014)   #1075
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
*yawn*

Can we move on, Henk?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James