Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 11 Dec 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3177729)   #1076
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
sooooooooooooooo, is part of the kiss and make up process involve correcting the NZST DNA and fitting LS1 to the VE and Coyotes to the 'Coons, to have a wee play with the few MRX cars running DNA based engines.................which was supposed to happen whe the pace chassis was first mooted.
The whole DNA thing gives me the ****s, you cannot buy a V8 Camry in NZ, you cannot buy a V8 Falcon in NZ (Unless you buy a FPV which is actually owned by prodrive and has a supercharger bolted on!) And the engine used by the Holdens isn't evenbased on the same as what you get when you roll into your Holden Dealer! Average Joe (No relation to smokin Joe ) who is not a car nut doesn't care what engine is under the bonnet, they want good racing. ST's have attracted the drivers & the sponsors NZV8's has not, the Shareholders of VEEGA have spoken and they want change, the reality is that there are already a full field of ST's and at best 5 new NZV8's (and we have only seen 2 break cover). From what I have heard about the impasse at sorting this (From both sides) the time has come for someone to step in and sort this out. Unfortunately this will upset some people and could potentially effect some financially, like the builders of the new NZV8's (Who surely must be less than impressed at the non existant orders that were raved about months ago). I am sure Greg Lancaster will do what is best, I actually dont care who "wins" as long as we get the bull**** stopped and we have a full field of cars and a good show put on.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3177733)   #1077
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=RogerH;3177687] If it was proven that MSNZ (for example) funded either direct or indirectly the cost of litigation, QUOTE]

Hello Roger

I think I have already told you this, not sure, but MSNZ has NOT funded any legal action on behalf of anyone to do with this whole sorry saga.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3177735)   #1078
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I agree re the DNA thing, it is really a moot point - if you want something that you can buy at your local dealer then you really have to stick to production racing, which let's face it is not very interesting, is it?

ST's have the backing of both Ford and Holden, what more evidence do you need?

My point re the DTM is that there is a generic monocoque chassis with a lookalike body over the top, and a spec engine which is identical in every way in every car, regardless of who builds it. And that series works.

Yes it's way high-tech, but I'm not talking comparisons in those terms, more the concept of generic everything except the body shell. The fans don't seem to mind; if it looks like something they know, they are happy.

And the really good thing about it is you don't have to worry about parity any more, which has been such a bone of contention in both V8SC and NZV8 for years and years and years.

If you want something fast, bespoke and purely manufacturer developed then I guess you have to look to Sports Car racing. Which is not really a happening thing over here.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3177738)   #1079
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Hello Roger

I think I have already told you this, not sure, but MSNZ has NOT funded any legal action on behalf of anyone to do with this whole sorry saga.
Well that is good news for everyone. The worry I guess was that somehow it had been done perhaps without authority or knowledge of the executive, through the "back door" so to speak.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3177742)   #1080
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
I wouldn't call that bs. If it was proven that MSNZ (for example) funded either direct or indirectly the cost of litigation, or were involved in condoning the litigation, then there are potential severe consequences including challenges under anti-competition law.
The GM of MSNZ was a director of VEEGA when they undertook the litigation against the ST directors and that has possible concerns if he was party to the legal action when wearing his MSNZ hat.
All of these issues are conjecture at this stage as the substantive case has not been heard - and may not be if the new directors of VEEGA decide not to pursue the legal action.
Again, categorising something pertaining to the case as bs when all the facts are not yet known is just ill-informed speculation. You may be right or you may be wrong but the answer still hasn't been determined.
That's exactly the bull**** I'm talking about. Thats not the issue. The issue is those who acted illegally in setting up st. That is the point.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3177745)   #1081
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
That's exactly the bull**** I'm talking about. Thats not the issue. The issue is those who acted illegally in setting up st. That is the point.

So who are those that acted illegally Rev? you must know the names of these people? Why not post them on here.....go on Warwick, you know you want to.....slander all those you can aye! and lets see how far that gets you and your under-subscribed series
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3177746)   #1082
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info Mark

I think that we have had great V8 racing in the recent past the problem was that the cars got a little long in the Tooth. Think 3/4 years ago the action on Track of the NZV8 class was up with what I have seen from the ST's.

From what I have seen I would encourage the sport to improve the sporting side as that seems to be one of the hiccups that the ST has not mentioned as being improved. This would mean having a person that takes the Race Director role at all rounds because this will stop some of the unfair and wrong decisions happening. You will also find things like decisions being written up wrong would become a thing of the past.

I hope that the TLX, TL classes and the ST can find a way to put on a show for all of NZ together because if you don't include the other classes they will fight for viewers and sponsors dollars and there will not be a win for anyone. As both sides have wealthy backers no one will win unless you can figure a way to work together.

I hope that the tracks that ST has issues with have been informed exactly what safety items need to be improved so that they can get the ST field to there venue as some of the clubs rely on the massive gate they get from Tier One meeting and if you don't come to their tracks they will keep on trying to support other series.

Keeping the war going will get ST and Motorsport in NZ no where. So I hope that in the New Year peace can happen in NZ Motorsport.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3177750)   #1083
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Lay it out. I have yet to see a post where you spell out what it is that was illegal. Now is your chance, an oppountunity for reasoned debate, seriously. Its all very well throwing words about like, illegal and corrupt, what is it that was illegal specifically?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3177755)   #1084
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Nice post FD, my feelings exactly, but of course i keep being reminded on here that this wont happen, even though it makes perfect sense.

Unfortunately though there is no room in this country for two 'rival' series that are basically the same thing, i.e. tin-top V8 racing. One has already got a reasonably sucessful season under their belt (successful as in they completed the calendar as stated many a moon ago), while the other is bumbling along trying to gain traction.

Us kiwis never give up do we when we get the bit between our teeth, even if we can all see sense
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3177756)   #1085
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
So who are those that acted illegally Rev? you must know the names of these people? Why not post them on here
....go on Warwick, you know you want to.....slander all those you can aye! and lets see how far that gets you and your under-subscribed series
Try paying attention. Mentioned many tines, MARK PETCH aka the man in the boot.

Mike, stop being purposly thick. You know full well he was part of the group (with others) tasked with coming up with the new NZV8 and used that info to start another series.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3177758)   #1086
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=raymond;3177733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
If it was proven that MSNZ (for example) funded either direct or indirectly the cost of litigation, QUOTE]

Hello Roger

Are you 100% on that, because the Judge seemed to have some problem with who was Funding the Action and was asking for it to be disclosed, is my understanding.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3177759)   #1087
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Thanks for the info Mark

I think that we have had great V8 racing in the recent past the problem was that the cars got a little long in the Tooth. Think 3/4 years ago the action on Track of the NZV8 class was up with what I have seen from the ST's.

From what I have seen I would encourage the sport to improve the sporting side as that seems to be one of the hiccups that the ST has not mentioned as being improved. This would mean having a person that takes the Race Director role at all rounds because this will stop some of the unfair and wrong decisions happening. You will also find things like decisions being written up wrong would become a thing of the past.

I hope that the TLX, TL classes and the ST can find a way to put on a show for all of NZ together because if you don't include the other classes they will fight for viewers and sponsors dollars and there will not be a win for anyone. As both sides have wealthy backers no one will win unless you can figure a way to work together.

I hope that the tracks that ST has issues with have been informed exactly what safety items need to be improved so that they can get the ST field to there venue as some of the clubs rely on the massive gate they get from Tier One meeting and if you don't come to their tracks they will keep on trying to support other series.

Keeping the war going will get ST and Motorsport in NZ no where. So I hope that in the New Year peace can happen in NZ Motorsport.
100% agreement from me.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3177760)   #1088
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Crikey, you should be careful what you say on here Warwick. Or has the court case gone through now so eveything is public knowledge??
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3177762)   #1089
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Over the last couple of weeks we have all had the pleasure of reading
sensible posts on this and other threads on the site.
It has been a true pleasure to read other peoples idea's and points
of view, within the sport as a whole.

Now some of the intelligent post have once again disappeared
and it's back to having to read all the bull**** again.
Which unfortunately comes from one poster in particular,
who has the audacity to comment about previously threads that
have been closed, because of all the arguing etc.
I would just like to remind him that he has been at the center of all
the arguments that caused these threads he refers too, being
closed.

I hate having to waste time by being forced to read through so
much utter crap and bull****, regarding people being dishonest
and corrup in the ST organisation, or it's current management.
If there has been dishonesty or corruption in the sport, then I think
those people should be looking elsewhere in the sport.

Yes there has been teething problems getting the ST's up and
running, in what has been without doubt one of the best spectacle
of home grown V8 racing we have enjoyed here for so long.

There was I believe 4 cars with engine failure at the last round,
these cars had all been fitted with the new forged pistons and new
shells etc.
After extensive checking, it was found that the incorrect bearing
shells had been supplied and fitted. Unfortunately an honest
mistake was made by the supplier and the engine rebuilder at the time.

However I do believe and take the view that the days of the NZV8
is coming to an end. The sole reason for me thinking this way, is
that we do not have enough money in NZ to run two large V8 racing
series in the one year.
Thanks for the time to Post, great stuff.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3177763)   #1090
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
The point is, that you don't KNOW any of the legal facts around this case, so anything you post about it is purely your opinion and just speculation. It really doesn't matter that you THINK ST acted illegally, that can only be decided by a judge.

And until it is, you leave yourself open to litigation for defamation, slander or whatever you want to call it. I'd personally love to see someone do that but I suspect that your voice is not one that many people will hear so it probably won't happen.

I just wish you'd stop flogging your dead horse and make some posts that are interesting.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3177764)   #1091
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Try paying attention. Mentioned many tines, MARK PETCH aka the man in the boot.

Mike, stop being purposly thick. You know full well he was part of the group (with others) tasked with coming up with the new NZV8 and used that info to start another series.
Thats not specifics Rev, thats a blanket accusation you have made, legal specifics please. Not rumour passed on third hand.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3177765)   #1092
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Crikey, you should be careful what you say on here Warwick. Or has the court case gone through now so eveything is public knowledge??
So seeing as you want to be on a first name basis what's your name? Only fair.
Then again fair seems to be something you struggle with.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3177768)   #1093
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:

Old 11 Dec 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3177773)   #1094
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
What about you gb, care to share you name? Seems every time I cut close to the truth people like to start throwing my name about as if its some kind of threat.
Bunch of kids.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3177774)   #1095
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:

Okay you want to know my first name, why? what will that snippet of info do for you?

You can just call me Stu.

Happy now? shall we follow each other on twitter or something??
Old 11 Dec 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3177778)   #1096
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Well first names seem important to you, so why don't you explain the use of them?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3177781)   #1097
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand

Last edited by Evomike; 11 Dec 2012 at 22:33. Reason: Removed as it could be deemed insulting
Old 11 Dec 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3177783)   #1098
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Good to see a constant level of maturity from you.
I guess that happens when you don't actually have any relavant info.

So, have st let anyone in on the cause of the engine issues yet? All these top engine guys in nz and no clues.... Seems very weird!
Old 11 Dec 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3177787)   #1099
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Good to see a constant level of maturity from you.
I guess that happens when you don't actually have any relavant info.

So, have st let anyone in on the cause of the engine issues yet? All these top engine guys in nz and no clues.... Seems very weird!
Very funny. You have been asked for specfic info on your claims, you have chosen to ignore that and change the subject. You should put the specific illegal actions that have taken place, the ones that you accuse Mark Petch and others of, otherwise you are just speculating.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3177791)   #1100
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven

Quote:
Well first names seem important to you, so why don't you explain the use of them?
Hope this explains the use of first, or given names to help you out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Given_name

Once again though we are off topic!

How is preparation for the 2012/2013 summer series going? any more news to report? i have checked both speedcafe and the NZV8 website and have found nothing new. Important things would be nice, like info on the parity testing, maybe some nice shots of the 5 TLX cars all sitting there together just before they all go out on the same track to test the cars and aero packages. Or a driver line up.....just little things really.

But hey, the Interislander is a sponsor.....big news that