Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Jan 2024, 17:37 (Ref:4191875)   #1076
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
All three of which don’t have budgets - …..
Just my prediction/what i'd like to see happen.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 17:52 (Ref:4191877)   #1077
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dan Lloyd announcement this week.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 17:53 (Ref:4191879)   #1078
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All three do have budgets, just not big ones that could fund a team.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 18:04 (Ref:4191881)   #1079
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Dan Lloyd announcement this week.
Third seat at PMR? I'm honestly surprised given his comments to Autosport before Christmas that he's got an announcement together so quickly.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 18:04 (Ref:4191882)   #1080
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Don't have any budget at all?

In particular Butcher, what has changed since last season?
Old 14 Jan 2024, 18:23 (Ref:4191884)   #1081
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Third seat at PMR? I'm honestly surprised given his comments to Autosport before Christmas that he's got an announcement together so quickly.
Yeah, I thought that too. Must be either PMR or One (assuming they’re still afloat) or perhaps one of the ‘spare’ TBLs, should they be utilised.

Perhaps Toyota, although they tend to make their announcements quite late, and wouldn’t have thought that would be within his budget.

Noticed on Instagram he was very vague, calling it a “racing announcement”.

Last edited by Evantra; 14 Jan 2024 at 18:35.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 18:31 (Ref:4191887)   #1082
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
Yeah, I thought that too. Must be either PMR or One (assuming they’re still afloat) or perhaps one of the ‘spare’ TBLs, should they be utilised.

Perhaps Toyota, although they tend to make their announcements quite late, though wouldn’t have thought that would be within his budget.

Noticed on Instagram he was very vague, calling it a “racing announcement”.

Yeah I don't think he would have been doing BTCC Q&As at Autosport if he wasn't pretty certain of being on the grid. Given his known budget issues over the years unless he's pulled some rabbits out of hats in the off-season I'm expecting it's PMR or One.

Have seen some talk that Toyota have a completely new lineup but I'd be surprised if Dan had the budget to get to what they ask for.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 18:33 (Ref:4191888)   #1083
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah I don't think he would have been doing BTCC Q&As at Autosport if he wasn't pretty certain of being on the grid. Given his known budget issues over the years unless he's pulled some rabbits out of hats in the off-season I'm expecting it's PMR or One.

Have seen some talk that Toyota have a completely new lineup but I'd be surprised if Dan had the budget to get to what they ask for.
At least if it is One Motorsport, that confirms they haven't folded... PMR would be a good line up with ATS and Doble though.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4191890)   #1084
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Lloyd making an announcement this week, presumably BTCC but who knows.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 19:27 (Ref:4191891)   #1085
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Huff was incredibly visible on the BTCC/MSNews stand for a very long time on Friday. Rowbo had a bit of a sit down on the TCR stand for a while.
Social media would tell you that both mean something.....

Gossip of course. I have a feeling the journalist who said the press had been told the BTCC season launch is April 4th at Donington was having a chuckle. That's a little early (and aren't they usually on a Tuesday?!!)
Old 14 Jan 2024, 19:34 (Ref:4191892)   #1086
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I have a feeling the journalist who said the press had been told the BTCC season launch is April 4th at Donington was having a chuckle. That's a little early (and aren't they usually on a Tuesday?!!)
The last couple of seasons saw an event on Tuesday evening, with the launch on the Wednesday on track. 12th and 13th April respectively.
Gow has already said he's doing something different this year.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 20:21 (Ref:4191894)   #1087
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the sounds of things from Btcc interviews there may be 2 drivers coming in that may course some upsets! Who de we thing they are?
Old 14 Jan 2024, 20:25 (Ref:4191896)   #1088
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
By the sounds of things from Btcc interviews there may be 2 drivers coming in that may course some upsets! Who de we thing they are?
Huff at Speedworks I’d imagine for one. I’d like to see what he can do in 2024 in the BTCC
Old 14 Jan 2024, 20:40 (Ref:4191898)   #1089
Ant25
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Huff at Speedworks I’d imagine for one. I’d like to see what he can do in 2024 in the BTCC
I do really hope he’s back be good for the championship! No idea who the other name is tho? I’m sure they say both haven’t been on the grid for a while so Jesus haha makes it hard to guess
Old 14 Jan 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4191900)   #1090
ACF_
Racer

Quote:
I do really hope he’s back be good for the championship! No idea who the other name is tho? I’m sure they say both haven’t been on the grid for a while so Jesus haha makes it hard to guess
Mat Jackson hasn't been on the grid for a while. He was also due to be Plato's team mate at PMR in 2020, but pulled out due to COVID, if I remember rightly? The other name I'd throw in the hat, would be Rob Austin. But those are just off the top of my head.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 21:48 (Ref:4191903)   #1091
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Max Coates?
Old 14 Jan 2024, 22:16 (Ref:4191907)   #1092
ACF_
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Max Coates?
Good shout! Graves Motorsport did say in 2022 that they we're looking to get into the BTCC at some point. Could they be using the spare TBLs?
Old 14 Jan 2024, 22:28 (Ref:4191908)   #1093
MarcusH26
Racer

Coates is a good shout actually, although the way it's being talked up I'd be surprised if it was Coates. Was thinking Jack Goff but he's another that's always had a lack of sponsors. Shedden I can't see coming back either.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 22:34 (Ref:4191909)   #1094
Ant25
Racer

Quote:
Coates is a good shout actually, although the way it's being talked up I'd be surprised if it was Coates. Was thinking Jack Goff but he's another that's always had a lack of sponsors. Shedden I can't see coming back either.
The way they was talking about it on the interviews is that the two possible drivers coming in are ones that could upset the likes of Sutton and Ingram and take point away from them! So I think huff is one or possibly shedden to!
Old 14 Jan 2024, 22:41 (Ref:4191911)   #1095
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
The way they was talking about it on the interviews is that the two possible drivers coming in are ones that could upset the likes of Sutton and Ingram and take point away from them! So I think huff is one or possibly shedden to!

Yeah that's what kind of threw me off a bit, there's not many names bar Huff who could be on that level of being a genuine front runner in the right car. Shedden I would guess would need a serious chunk of sponsorship and everyone knows Andy Jordan is done with the championship and doing very well for himself in historics with JRT.

Not really sure who else that leaves?
Old 14 Jan 2024, 22:46 (Ref:4191912)   #1096
Ant25
Racer

Quote:
Yeah that's what kind of threw me off a bit, there's not many names bar Huff who could be on that level of being a genuine front runner in the right car. Shedden I would guess would need a serious chunk of sponsorship and everyone knows Andy Jordan is done with the championship and doing very well for himself in historics with JRT.

Not really sure who else that leaves?
It’s someone who’s been on the grid before that by the sounds of it was at the sharp end of the grid!
Old 14 Jan 2024, 23:02 (Ref:4191916)   #1097
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proctor perhaps? He was up there in 2021 in the Civic.
Old 14 Jan 2024, 23:51 (Ref:4191920)   #1098
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't Proctor just pipped to a seat last year? And I'm sure there was something about his Dad sniffing around Hard at Croft. I know a while back there were rumblings about him going Rally cross or TCR UK, but it seems like it's BTCC or bust for him (or maybe TCR Europe.) I've got a feeling if 2023 drivers don't get BTCC drives but can get a budget they'd go to Europe instead.

From leftifield what about Jack Young? If he could find a budget he'd be quality. Or Jac Constable. If I remember right his 2022 PMR TCR UK drive only came about because Hand popped up with more money just before contracts were signed (In my opinion Hand showed enough to warrant backers putting him in for a second season if they had the right head on them!)

Would love to see Josh Files get a crack, but the poor lad can't even get a TCR UK drive (where he'd clean up easily) and has ended up in Civics!! Come on!!

Did hear something about Dave Newsham trying to sort something out for his son, but that's for the 2025 thread.

Goff is interesting, like Mat Jackson/Austin. Has it been too long?

Names mentioned (pie in the sky in my opinion) by people talking at Autosport included Oliphant coming home, Gornall being close to a full budget, Ant Whorton-Eales making a comeback and Sam Tordoff looking around. The rumour mad enough to be true I suppose was Neil Trotter throwing some of his millions into a Cupra for Lewis Brown to drive - partly as a statement against the supposed TCR conspirators who caused him to empty his pram from his toys.

I think the bottles of water at the NEC might have had some funny additives in them with some of those theories.

What next? Matt Simpson on the comeback trail with an ex-Dynamics FK8??

Last edited by coffinpilot; 14 Jan 2024 at 23:52. Reason: missed out a year!
Old 15 Jan 2024, 00:07 (Ref:4191921)   #1099
Evantra
Veteran

England
^ Tordoff would definitely fit the bill of a high-quality returning driver, although I don’t particularly get the impression he’d have much of a desire to return? Could be a good shout.

Don’t think Goff has raced anything since he left, certainly not for a full season. Was apparently trying to put together something last year so seems like there’s still interest on his part. Jackson hasn’t been up to much either? Austin seems to be concentrating on business / family so can’t see it being any of those personally.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Plato yet!

I might be completely wrong or confusing him with someone else, but I vaguely seem to remember Files saying the BTCC wasn’t for him or he wasn’t interested (a good few years ago now I think)?

Unrelated, but IIRC Crees was in talks with Toyota for last season? Obviously on the market now, so wonder if he could be a candidate there for this year.

Last edited by Evantra; 15 Jan 2024 at 00:34.
Old 15 Jan 2024, 05:59 (Ref:4191943)   #1100
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
^ Tordoff would definitely fit the bill of a high-quality returning driver, although I don’t particularly get the impression he’d have much of a desire to return? Could be a good shout.

Don’t think Goff has raced anything since he left, certainly not for a full season. Was apparently trying to put together something last year so seems like there’s still interest on his part. Jackson hasn’t been up to much either? Austin seems to be concentrating on business / family so can’t see it being any of those personally.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Plato yet!

I might be completely wrong or confusing him with someone else, but I vaguely seem to remember Files saying the BTCC wasn’t for him or he wasn’t interested (a good few years ago now I think)?

Unrelated, but IIRC Crees was in talks with Toyota for last season? Obviously on the market now, so wonder if he could be a candidate there for this year.

Tordoff would be an excellent addition , I just don't know if he's still interested in racing properly again or if he's just happy going to do historics.

Proctor is always going to be mentioned every off-season with a seat , in fact I thought he might have had a shot at Restart instead of Sumpton.

Crees at Toyota I could see if he's got the sponsorship behind him. The rumours about them changing their entire lineup does throw up some quite interesting thoughts (ultimately I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Andrew Watson goes , Ricky "back" to WSR?)