Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Apr 2004, 16:20 (Ref:938479)   #1101
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They both shared the RFH Dome last year. Begs the question, who will drive the second dome if it gets in ??
Old 13 Apr 2004, 17:32 (Ref:938547)   #1102
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just seen over DSC that Andy Wallace will drive the Zytek.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 18:25 (Ref:938615)   #1103
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I have just seen over DSC that Andy Wallace will drive the Zytek.
thats ayse happy now!
Old 13 Apr 2004, 19:36 (Ref:938692)   #1104
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by LC2guy
They both shared the RFH Dome last year. Begs the question, who will drive the second dome if it gets in ??
I think that's the question! Before the entrylist was released RfH was thinking they could enter 2 cars, so probably they were negotiating with some drivers (including Ortiz and Gabbiani) for the 2nd car. It will be difficult for RfH to get drivers who have money but also some talent.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 20:01 (Ref:938711)   #1105
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
It will be difficult for RfH to get drivers who have money but also some talent.
there sure have some from Holland to fill the car ...

BTW, where's Val Hillebrand now ?
Old 13 Apr 2004, 20:59 (Ref:938782)   #1106
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
I think that's the question! Before the entrylist was released RfH was thinking they could enter 2 cars, so probably they were negotiating with some drivers (including Ortiz and Gabbiani) for the 2nd car. It will be difficult for RfH to get drivers who have money but also some talent.
Well I have a few hundreds of euro's on my bank account (don't know about the talent by the way), but the problem is I don't have a helmet, so that won't work...
Old 14 Apr 2004, 05:52 (Ref:939059)   #1107
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
there sure have some from Holland to fill the car ...

BTW, where's Val Hillebrand now ?
See the FIA GT Rd. 2 Valencia entry thread.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 11:29 (Ref:939310)   #1108
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wallace-Gabianni-Ortiz in the works Zytek ..... shame !!! I hope this means the second RfH car is not withdrawn from the first reserve position ? What about JC-W , whats he going to do now ?
Old 14 Apr 2004, 11:51 (Ref:939336)   #1109
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Gabbiani and Ortiz were never due to be in the second RfH car
Old 14 Apr 2004, 11:58 (Ref:939345)   #1110
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Wallace-Gabianni-Ortiz in the works Zytek ..... shame !!! I hope this means the second RfH car is not withdrawn from the first reserve position ? What about JC-W , whats he going to do now ?
JC-W is driving the Creation DBA/Zytek in LMES, so with that car not on the list, presumably he's possibly open to any other drive still available at LM

Last edited by KA; 14 Apr 2004 at 11:59.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 13:34 (Ref:939446)   #1111
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, if JC-W should join RFH for the possible second entry, the circle is closed...

Wondering who will be in the 'first' RFH. To be honest I expected Andy Wallace to have one of that seats. Does Jan need paying drivers or did he already sign two other drivers for the first car?
Old 14 Apr 2004, 15:44 (Ref:939552)   #1112
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
Wondering who will be in the 'first' RFH. To be honest I expected Andy Wallace to have one of that seats. Does Jan need paying drivers or did he already sign two other drivers for the first car?
With Arena's withdrawl Stefan Johansson is free, now he would fit the line-up of that car perfectly...
Old 14 Apr 2004, 16:29 (Ref:939591)   #1113
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Gabbiani and Ortiz were never due to be in the second RfH car

I only used the word "linked"......
Old 14 Apr 2004, 16:35 (Ref:939600)   #1114
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Tommy Kendall?
Old 14 Apr 2004, 16:59 (Ref:939616)   #1115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't he used to play for Everton?
Old 14 Apr 2004, 17:19 (Ref:939638)   #1116
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No that was Howard Kendall he also use to manage them aswell - anyway back to Le Mans. I'll be sorting out a full entry list as it at later tonight.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 19:17 (Ref:939736)   #1117
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Do you know more than we have here already then......?
Old 14 Apr 2004, 19:20 (Ref:939740)   #1118
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
It's up now. All I have done is put the right driver in the right car with the information I have. I am 99.9% certain it is correct.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 20:27 (Ref:939780)   #1119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I updated earlier this evening with everything I found here...... (useful source.... )
Old 14 Apr 2004, 21:33 (Ref:939847)   #1120
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
So, if JC-W should join RFH for the possible second entry, the circle is closed...
The problem with JC-W is his bad luck. At Le Mans last year he crashed the car in qualifications so badly it didn't make it to the start of the race and in FIA GT at Barcelona (or was it somewhere else?) the roof of his Lister was chopped off by a flying front splitter...
Old 14 Apr 2004, 22:21 (Ref:939880)   #1121
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Dyson could be in the RfH Dome?

PRF
Old 14 Apr 2004, 22:25 (Ref:939884)   #1122
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PRF
Chris Dyson could be in the RfH Dome?

PRF
Wasn't he over there for the Paul Ricard test with RfH???

and there is another thread concerning Dyson looking at the Dome chassis for next year....

Lammers would be the guy to grease the skids for them to be getting a new 2004 specs Dome...

And for various reasons, Dyson chose not to use is "automatic bid" to LM....

Many pieces of the puzzle seem to fit on this one...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 14 Apr 2004, 22:45 (Ref:939895)   #1123
dretceterini
Veteran

Tommy Kendall is a really good driver and a great guy. He dosn't have much international experience, but he did win 4 Trans Am championships. The biggest problem he has had is the fact he is so tall, hence the nickname "Too tall Tommy". I think he is 6'4"
Old 14 Apr 2004, 22:53 (Ref:939900)   #1124
dretceterini
Veteran

Sebring is not much more than half the size of LeMans, and manages 60 cars, so I see no problem with 70 at Le Mans. The Nurburgring isn't all that much bigger than Le Mans, and they manage a lot more than 70....
Old 15 Apr 2004, 13:23 (Ref:940454)   #1125
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We have asked that question before, and I believe that it has to do with the number of garages that they have on pit lane at Le Mans....

Since there are 50, I believe that they establish that number to ensure that the teams all have equal race facilities available to them....

At one point last year, I believe that Fab had told us that there have been discussions concerning expanding that pit lane to 55 or 60 garages, which in turn woudl expand the field for the race....

I could be wrong on all of this....so please don't hesitate to correct me on this....

I hate to be the source of bad info that others remember, and many times later, others who do know the facts waste their time correcting it...

But at least that is the way I understand it....

Hope that helps

One American Open Wheel Series!