Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jan 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3014833)   #1126
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Another comment from MWM was that they expected one Toyota at Spa and two at Le Mans, I guess by running the single car at Spa and missing Sebring, Toyota can 'claim' force majeure as to not get penalised for missing Sebring or something, and I could see why, better off getting testing miles under their belt than trashing the car out in Florida.
That's assuming Toyota has sent a full season entry application.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 06:36 (Ref:3014837)   #1127
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kaz Nakajima has always been a Toyota protege, though he only did 2 seasons of Super GT, in 2005 and 2011.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3014847)   #1128
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think Toyota's F1 history is largely insignificant. It's a new era, new sport, new faces etc.

The comparisons with previous Toyota projects should stop IMO. This is a new operation and a new sheet of paper should begin. The fact Oreca are involved gives a whole new angle on previous Toyota projects.
Which was my point! They have a lot to do. They are the new boys.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3014876)   #1129
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Another comment from MWM was that they expected one Toyota at Spa and two at Le Mans, I guess by running the single car at Spa and missing Sebring, Toyota can 'claim' force majeure as to not get penalised for missing Sebring or something, and I could see why, better off getting testing miles under their belt than trashing the car out in Florida.
I don't believe there's a greater test for any endurance car than the Sebring 12 hours myself. Crashing out wouldn't be the problem. The problem would be a race rule of a teething issues and the inevitable negative reporting as a result. But they're going to get that wherever they race first.

I think Toyota may be more tempted to enter Sebring with Peugeot gone. Far greater chance of a decent finish.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3014959)   #1130
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Surely I'm not the first one posting the first pics of the new Toyota LMP1 ?
No mate, you're not!

Follow the thread from post #990 (last Wednesday morning) and you'll see how the news unfolded.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3014963)   #1131
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm intrigued by the Toyota v Audi discussion on here. I actually think Toyota v Honda is more relevant (in terms of locking horns on track), for this year at least. I predict 2012 will see Audi leave allcomers in their wake, they just need to avoid becoming complacent (which is most unlikely).
Old 21 Jan 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3014977)   #1132
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is there really any substitute to race miles when developing a racecar though?
Old 21 Jan 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3014984)   #1133
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Is there really any substitute to race miles when developing a racecar though?
It only makes sense to race when the car has seen sufficient miles in private testing. Just look at the Aston Martin AMR-One last year. Going straight from the design board to the race track and doing all your testing in public is a terrible idea.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3015021)   #1134
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I'm intrigued by the Toyota v Audi discussion on here. I actually think Toyota v Honda is more relevant (in terms of locking horns on track), for this year at least. I predict 2012 will see Audi leave allcomers in their wake, they just need to avoid becoming complacent (which is most unlikely).
I am not so sure - after the showing we saw from HPD at Sebring and the further pegging back of the diesel I am hopeful that the HPD can be competitive - at some circuits at least.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3015025)   #1135
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I am not so sure - after the showing we saw from HPD at Sebring and the further pegging back of the diesel I am hopeful that the HPD can be competitive - at some circuits at least.
Depends how much work there has been done too the HPD!, both Audi and Peugeot made massive progress over last year, and no doubt that they worked extra hard over this winter. Hpd needs to mor than match that development to be able to claim wins
Old 21 Jan 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3015029)   #1136
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt the HPD will be competitive against Audi on the long straights of La Sarthe, but it should produce some fireworks on circuits like Sebring, Zhuhai and Bahrain. Especially the all-pro JRM Honda.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3015030)   #1137
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I doubt the HPD will be competitive against Audi on the long straights of La Sarthe, but it should produce some fireworks on circuits like Sebring, Zhuhai and Bahrain. Especially the all-pro JRM Honda.
And Strakka as well while Danny or Jonny are driving. If the HPD works well on those tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if one or both teams will be giving the Audis headaches in qualifying.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3015034)   #1138
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And Strakka as well while Danny or Jonny are driving. If the HPD works well on those tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if one or both teams will be giving the Audis headaches in qualifying.
Yep, while I'm still predicting Audi will win every WEC race next year (including a dominant one at Le Mans), the HPDs should make some of early parts of races exciting.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3015048)   #1139
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Agreed. If the ARX-03a is as much of a beast as the 01e last year at Sebring, I think we can expect some decent racing at some of the twistier tracks.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3015058)   #1140
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
No mate, you're not!

Follow the thread from post #990 (last Wednesday morning) and you'll see how the news unfolded.
LOL. I thought I wouldn't. Me becoming first time dad has had me 'of the grid' for a while.

Any news about drivetrain specs allready?
Old 21 Jan 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3015060)   #1141
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Any news about drivetrain specs allready?
3.4 NA V8 engine and according http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan12.html they still have to make the decision whether to connect the hybrid system to the front or the rear wheels.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3015068)   #1142
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
It only makes sense to race when the car has seen sufficient miles in private testing. Just look at the Aston Martin AMR-One last year. Going straight from the design board to the race track and doing all your testing in public is a terrible idea.
Agreed, my statement was based on the assumption that they would have had time to do enough test miles for a first race by the time Sebring comes around.

On another note I, like most people, think that Audi are going to dominate the season but I think it would be really cool and not too unlikely that Toyota can challenge at their home race at Fuji.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3015186)   #1143
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
3.4 NA V8 engine and according http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan12.html they still have to make the decision whether to connect the hybrid system to the front or the rear wheels.

Aha, so no turbo power then... Could finally be a racecar that makes a decent racecar noise to win Le Mans again then.

Nice.

My guess'd be they're gonna transfer the KERS power to the rears since the rules state this power is only to be utillised above 140kph. Extra frontwheel traction would be quite useless above these speeds, imho.

On the other hand, the pugs blew through the double Fordchicanes at near 160 kph, at some point...

Last edited by GTfour; 22 Jan 2012 at 03:35.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3015220)   #1144
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The turns at LeMans are mostly taken above those speeds. I think 4wd would be the better option, but the rwd would be good for the straights? I also think Toyota will show up with a podium AT LEAST. They've tested the new car once already for 3 days. And this week they'll be testing again. Teething problems probably won't be much of an issue IMO.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3015267)   #1145
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buemi to drive for Toyota?

http://www.blick.ch/sport/formel1/bu...-toyota-192635
Old 22 Jan 2012, 12:39 (Ref:3015277)   #1146
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Untrustworthy source, so basically it's probably a load of old ollocks. So far Toyota have only suggested one car.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3015282)   #1147
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
So far Toyota have only suggested one car.
Yes but that's probably BS as well
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3015583)   #1148
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes but that's probably BS as well
As reported in another thread Graham at DSC says he believes there will now be two cars at LM with Buemi and two Japanese drivers.

Such good news. I simply couldn't get my head around the fact they would run just the one.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3015598)   #1149
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope so, and when are they testing this week?
Old 23 Jan 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3015637)   #1150
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I hope so, and when are they testing this week?
January 24 to 27. See http://www.lemans.org/en/news/Toyota...uary_5913.html