Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 7 Sep 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2535987)   #1126
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's plenty of pictures for you all of the large scale works taking place at the circuit on the sutton images website, Simon's even giving the builders a hand
Old 7 Sep 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2536003)   #1127
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I do not believe this will happen..
I think that the track and facilities will be fine.My only reservation is with the spectator transport arrangements.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2536032)   #1128
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I think that the track and facilities will be fine. My only reservation is with the spectator transport arrangements.
That might just put you in a minority, Marbot.

One thing I can tell you right now is that unless someone kindly offers to fly me in and out by helicopter, I shall not making the slightest effort to attend, if it happens.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2539100)   #1129
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Park & Walk!

I've just read in the Leicester Mercury that Simon Gillette's latest idea is to make 36,000 GP visitors park and walk (a 90 minute round trip apparently) to the circuit!
What will his next hair brained scheme be I wonder?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2539113)   #1130
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Why is that a bad idea?

You can spend 3 hours trying to drive out of a nearby car park, or 45mins walking to the car and (hopefully) less of a queue.

Are the English now so fat and obese that a 45 minute walk is too much?

I remember having to walk for 25 minutes to get in to Wembley, the queues at Legoland where up to 3 hrs the other day, it takes 20 minutes to walk from the NEC carparks to the centre, when on site in Korea a couple of months back I was walking 40 minutes to get to work (to WORK).

Now that I have written it down, it's sounds like a great idea to me. 45 minutes is nothing in the general scheme of things.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 18:18 (Ref:2539150)   #1131
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So no disabled facilities then?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2539158)   #1132
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Will it be a 45 minute walk in sunshine or will it be ****ing down?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2539187)   #1133
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it time yet to re-name the thread 'Pigs to fly in the sky'?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2539202)   #1134
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Will it be a 45 minute walk in sunshine or will it be ****ing down?
Well, you are going to be standing/stitting in the rain all day anyway, an extra hour isn't going to make much difference.

And I presume disabled people will have a pass to somewhere closer.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2539216)   #1135
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hehe,

For a small (by F1 standards) fee I can offer a parking space that is only about 30 mins walk from the new pits complex, albeit up a steep hill. If you have been sitting down all day should only take about 20 mins to get back down the hill.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 23:48 (Ref:2539321)   #1136
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I remember having to walk for 25 minutes to get in to Wembley, the queues at Legoland where up to 3 hrs the other day, it takes 20 minutes to walk from the NEC carparks to the centre, when on site in Korea a couple of months back I was walking 40 minutes to get to work (to WORK).
Aye and we lived in a cess pit "int middle of road" !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Sep 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2539997)   #1137
Dave 455
Racer

Yes that's right, the final version of the 2010 British grand Prix Plan is for spectator's to walk to the venue : -

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...12122055.shtml

Apparantly at least a 45 minute walk each way. If anyone pays to go to this, they are gonna be so tired by the end of the day
Old 14 Sep 2009, 01:50 (Ref:2540126)   #1138
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From memory the grandstand seating capacity is about 75,000 so 3/4 of the attendees are expected to sit down for most of the day.

They might be grateful for a short stroll after their journey and another after a day sitting in the grandstand before they head off to sit in their car for 2 or 3 hours to get home.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2540239)   #1139
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Quite.

Us British are turning in to a right bunch of pantywasters.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2540306)   #1140
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Hehe. Brings back memories of the 'facilities' at Croft on a wet day in 1974.

Come to think of it whether or not the day was wet (it was) probably made very little difference to the facilities.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 10:21 (Ref:2540311)   #1141
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hehe,

For a small (by F1 standards) fee I can offer a parking space that is only about 30 mins walk from the new pits complex, albeit up a steep hill. If you have been sitting down all day should only take about 20 mins to get back down the hill.
I'll bring a tray and use it as a sleigh then that'll make the journey back down the hill only a few minutes!!

Selby
Old 14 Sep 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2540313)   #1142
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hehe. Brings back memories of the 'facilities' at Croft on a wet day in 1974.

Come to think of it whether or not the day was wet (it was) probably made very little difference to the facilities.
Croft "you was lucky" i remember grubbing around on a wet day in the mud hole they called the paddock at Mallory Park, during the same period. It would have given Woodstock a run for it's money. Still Edwina always had a smiling face and some thing to keep the boys happy at the drivers meetings.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2540372)   #1143
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Picture the scene: Donington Park;Mid-eighties;Trans-Atlantic Trophy bike meet;Lots of rain;Lots of mud;New car!;Bloody annoyed!
Old 15 Sep 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2541608)   #1144
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
When the Touring cars came back to the "revamped" Croft in the 90s we were on the support bill. It was so wet and muddy and pi**ing with rain that they were towing things in with a massive 4x4 tractor.
For qualifying we had to do a lap or so behind a safety car, and actually drive off the track at one part that had a good foot or more of water on it. The grid was decided on championship positions at the time
and so for a lot of us the first time we actually tried to learn the circuit was in the race
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Sep 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2542455)   #1145
Frailloop
Rookie

Frailloop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huge amounts of earth are being moved around the infield. The line of the new piece of track from Goddards looping down the infield and back to the (current) start line is begining to appear. The change of gradient will be less that I thought as old motorcross track and that big, flat area has been carved away.

The large flat area which will hold the new pits complex and paddock are also growing over by Coppice and the Wheatcroft straight.

There can't be much more ground work left to do.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 04:43 (Ref:2542574)   #1146
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got your pic, and will upload it this weekend.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 13:41 (Ref:2543397)   #1147
csirl
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the Donnington loans going into NAMA? There are a lot of UK loans including some well known sporting venues expected to end up with NAMA. If the developers are in any difficulties, NAMA is obliged to extract the maximum economic value out of the property, which usually isnt motor racing.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2543417)   #1148
Dave 455
Racer

Donington's development webcam is now live again, so you can follow the progress live!
Old 18 Sep 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2543422)   #1149
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
Donington's development webcam is now live again, so you can follow the progress live!
Should be a good cure for insomnia!
Old 18 Sep 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2543428)   #1150
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was a still image until someone walked past
Closed Thread