Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 12 Dec 2012, 03:05 (Ref:3177888)   #1151
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where is it GB? sorry for the silly Q's but i just have no idea where this ignore button is
Old 12 Dec 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3177890)   #1152
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Old 12 Dec 2012, 03:12 (Ref:3177891)   #1153
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
good old google images huh promax?
Old 12 Dec 2012, 04:00 (Ref:3177894)   #1154
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many entries has Formula Ford got?

Anyone interesting coming through?

Is FF only contesting 5 rounds or will they tack another couple on somewhere somehow?
Old 12 Dec 2012, 04:18 (Ref:3177896)   #1155
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi GB, just about to slip away and have a quiet one so will raise my glass to you while there, happy birthday
Old 12 Dec 2012, 05:53 (Ref:3177903)   #1156
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Hi GB, just about to slip away and have a quiet one so will raise my glass to you while there, happy birthday
And I'm having one for you right now GB, happy birthday.

Don't let that nutbar get you too revved up either.
Old 12 Dec 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3178018)   #1157
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, folks, back to the topic now if you will. Happy Birthday threads to Parc Ferme if you must.
Old 13 Dec 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3178240)   #1158
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So has anyone heard anymore entries for any of the other classes and what is running at each round?
Old 14 Dec 2012, 02:31 (Ref:3178541)   #1159
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
So has anyone heard anymore entries for any of the other classes and what is running at each round?
MRX have been out and about testing their first built SuperT12. Not sure what the grid-numbers will be though. The series doesn't seem to have been too well promoted online. Also heard from somewhere (can't remember where...) that they might have their own stand-alone championship with their own events, as opposed to being on the Tier 1 support-class bill.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 04:23 (Ref:3178564)   #1160
Caterhamf1
Rookie

Caterhamf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have just joined here, and seems like it's been 78 pages of fighting. I would however like to share my $0.02. However to clarify first I am neither in favour of V8 Supertourers or NZV8's/Goldstar Series. But I don't really want to bring V8ST into a non V8ST thread.

The Summer Series on paper looks not too bad, with five brand new cars, and a few older cars, ensuring decent fields. However, there is a problem that people seem to be overlooking, and with no offense to any drivers. Jason Bargwanna, quite rightly, is the series' star driver. However, after that, the next best are Martin Short and Nick Ross, even Ross Cameron could be considered a midfield driver. All this is going to create is spread out racig, similar to last year. The great battles of last summer were between Bargwanna, Fogg and Edgell, and now that two of them have gone...

Maybe i'm just an idiot?
Old 14 Dec 2012, 04:42 (Ref:3178567)   #1161
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
No i don't think your an idiot Caterhamf1....in fact i think you've knocked the nail on the head. Welcome to the forum
Old 14 Dec 2012, 04:44 (Ref:3178568)   #1162
Caterhamf1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
No i don't think your an idiot Caterhamf1....in fact i think you've knocked the nail on the head. Welcome to the forum
Thanks! Although something tells me you are a ST fan...
Old 14 Dec 2012, 04:48 (Ref:3178571)   #1163
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterhamf1 View Post
Have just joined here, and seems like it's been 78 pages of fighting. I would however like to share my $0.02. However to clarify first I am neither in favour of V8 Supertourers or NZV8's/Goldstar Series. But I don't really want to bring V8ST into a non V8ST thread.

The Summer Series on paper looks not too bad, with five brand new cars, and a few older cars, ensuring decent fields. However, there is a problem that people seem to be overlooking, and with no offense to any drivers. Jason Bargwanna, quite rightly, is the series' star driver. However, after that, the next best are Martin Short and Nick Ross, even Ross Cameron could be considered a midfield driver. All this is going to create is spread out racig, similar to last year. The great battles of last summer were between Bargwanna, Fogg and Edgell, and now that two of them have gone...

Maybe i'm just an idiot?
Welcome and yes we do have the odd little squabbly now and then,
it help to keep some of the older members hearts pumping.

But I am sorry to inform you that you can not use the caption ( maybe I'm just an idiot ) as we already have one of those.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 04:54 (Ref:3178573)   #1164
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Thanks! Although something tells me you are a ST fan...

Haha, well spotted. I wonder what it was that gave that away

And yes to backup Jerico's comments. We do have the odd little 'difference of Opinion' on this forum, but most of it is tongue in cheek and just banter. Kiwis are odd like that
Old 17 Dec 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3179394)   #1165
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have some more information on the NZV8's, apparently there will still be 6 or 7 TL cars down South, but there will be no Ford TLX car, and only one Toyota, so with Inky's and Nick Ross's Holdens, that makes a grand total of 3 TLX cars in the South Island, supported by a few TL cars.

I am told that Andrew McKenzie pulled the plug on their Falcon because there is insufficient room to fit the engine with the required accessories, and that in order to change a spark plug you have to take the motor out!
Old 17 Dec 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3179395)   #1166
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I am told that Andrew McKenzie pulled the plug on their Falcon because there is insufficient room to fit the engine with the required accessories, and that in order to change a spark plug you have to take the motor out!
Oh, you just have to be kidding!
Old 17 Dec 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3179398)   #1167
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Oh, you just have to be kidding!
No I don't think he is. I heard the same.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3179399)   #1168
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
bugger, sounds like a Honda thing to do
Old 17 Dec 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3179406)   #1169
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In other news a few TRS cars were out at Hampton doing a shake down today. Should be a good season.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3179524)   #1170
Caterhamf1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
In other news a few TRS cars were out at Hampton doing a shake down today. Should be a good season.
Whats the line up so far for Toyotas?
Old 17 Dec 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3179525)   #1171
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have some more information on the NZV8's, apparently there will still be 6 or 7 TL cars down South, but there will be no Ford TLX car, and only one Toyota, so with Inky's and Nick Ross's Holdens, that makes a grand total of 3 TLX cars in the South Island, supported by a few TL cars.

That would take all of the enjoyment out of it. Seems like a right cock up by the design team, if in fact there was one in the first place.

I wonder if they have asked for there money back ?
Old 17 Dec 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3179531)   #1172
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Promax for bringing everyone up to date in regards to Rev's disappearance of late, well I won't lie and say that I was sorry to hear that.

Not much going on the Summer thread at present, with Christmas just about upon us, everyone is busy with other things and other thoughts right now.

But I presume that one thought is continually with us all, I am sure we are all wondering just how many old and new NZV8's are going to turn up in the coming season and if the season will run as planned, or will be cut short because of the low number of entries?

All those true blue NZV8 fans must be feeling a little nervous right now, as they know how much stick they given the ST series and now it could be their turn to stand up and be counted.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3179537)   #1173
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another piece of bad news for the NZV8's.... (copied and pasted from the V8ST Facebook page):

BNT V8 SuperTourers all go for 2013

BNT – the leading provider in New Zealand of replacement and aftermarket automotive spare parts and an established sponsor of V8 motor racing in the country – has been confirmed as the category sponsor for 2013 for the V8 SuperTourer championship.

The multi-year deal will see the category become known as the BNT V8 SuperTourers, with further round-specific sponsorships set to be announced as well as title sponsorship for the Motor Racing Series in which the BNT V8 SuperTourers will run.

“BNT have watched with interest the evolution of V8 racing in New Zealand over the past 12 months," explained BNT General Manager Greg Horne. "We have been impressed with the progress made by the V8 SuperTourer series over that period. As a result of that, and because we believe their formula for the future is the right one, we are very pleased to confirm our association with V8ST as principle category partner for next season and beyond."

BNT V8 SuperTourers enjoyed a super-successful, action-packed first season in New Zealand, with very close racing. Rising star Scott McLaughlin won a closely-fought championship against Kiwi legend Greg Murphy and the fierce on track battles attracted more than 100,000 spectators and more than a million viewers across the 2012 televised series. The SuperTourers also attracted strong interest from Australia, the United States and Europe. More than 130,000 Speed TV viewers in Australia tuned in for each round, a factor which helped in attracting a number of Supercar drivers to the endurance races in the second half of the V8ST season.

In fact, V8ST attracted drivers with experience in most global racing categories, including Formula One, Indycar, World Touring Cars, the German DTM series, Supercars and the global Porsche SuperCup.

“There is no question this has been a tough first season in challenging economic times, but we have seen some fabulous racing, plenty of big name drivers, good crowds and as we iron out the teething troubles, a really great product that has provided a superb platform for existing and new motor sport companies to get involved in something that is 100% home-grown and right at the cutting edge of where global motor racing is going,” explained CEO Didier Debae.

“It is really fantastic for us to know that in 2013 we will have a great partner like BNT on board as the main Category Sponsor. This will help us raise the game even further and consolidate V8 SuperTourers position as the premier racing class in New Zealand.”
Old 17 Dec 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3179544)   #1174
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
wow more st posts in a non st threads no wonder there's so much *****ing in nz threads
Old 17 Dec 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3179546)   #1175
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Whats the line up so far for Toyotas?
there's plenty of drivers announcements on their facebook. too lazy to post a list