Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3610530)   #1176
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I really don't enjoy this kind of language being used in endurance racing.
I don't enjoy seeing the kind of shenanigans Corvette was pulling in endurance racing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Oh I get the point. The balancing of two completely different cars wasn't perfect. The race wasn't perfect either, but both worked for me.
Yeah it worked for me as well. Not as a flawless product, but good enough. I stated as much my original message as well.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3610532)   #1177
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The frequency of the full course yellows and the wave around rule allows you to get away with having just one hotshoe driver along with 3 so-so ones. Sharp/VanO/Brown just had one job: Not crash it. While Luis Felipe Denari did the fast laps at crunch time. ESM knew that believe me! ESM executed race strategy perfectly this time.
Great points. Perhaps I did it myself and while I have seen the damage Scott S can do first hand, let's not completely lump Johannes and Scott into the same category as Ed Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I still don't see much of a problem. Honda debuted a new engine - it seems to be good. The DP's all had trouble except the 90 car (I count sickening fumes as trouble for the 10), had the AEX cars or Ganassi stayed clean they may have won easily over the ESM boys.

I still have a feeling IMSA's new bop procedure with the advanced electronics actually made these cars equal - and as was mentioned above - Derani was just able to use 110% of the performance of the car.

Also keep in mind that this is Daytona. It is a unique place and no matter what the results were IMSA will be changing bop before Sebring. So don't get too hungup thinking the DP's have no shot.
Agreed 100%. I found that the DPs seemed quicker on the infield section while the ESM seemed to faster on the high banks. I think this will give the DPs the advantage for Sebring. Things happen that way sometimes.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3610535)   #1178
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
I don't enjoy seeing the kind of shenanigans Corvette was pulling in endurance racing as well.

Yeah it worked for me as well. Not as a flawless product, but good enough. I stated as much my original message as well.
Glad you found it enjoyable and Corvette should be banned from all from all future competition.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3610548)   #1179
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I really don't enjoy this kind of language being used in endurance racing.
I agree, i saw a wonderful race, cant wait till sebring!
Old 1 Feb 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3610549)   #1180
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Glad you found it enjoyable and Corvette should be banned from all from all future competition.
my my, these corvetter haters screaming bloody murder..
Old 1 Feb 2016, 14:57 (Ref:3610550)   #1181
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Corvette sneezes and they're scum and up to shenanigans as I predicted. Great find.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3610551)   #1182
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Confession: I had never ever heard of Luis Felipe Derani until this afternoon.
Ditto
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3610556)   #1183
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yup, and I don't mind seeing one type of car succeed on a given track. It goes back to the old days when one car may be good at Daytona, and somebody else good at Sebring or Laguna. The DW also was rocket fast on the banking. You aren't going to change that with BOP. But to be honest, most of the GTD's could pass GTLM on the banking. Not a Lambo specific issue.
As you know I hate BoP, BUT (and it is a very big BUT), if you going to have it, then it must be the same for all; otherwise it defeats it's purpose and turns it all into a clown show.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3610557)   #1184
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
It would be nice to know how many people were watching the stream.
I tried - terrible IMSA stream - then I tried the app, it was even worse. Unfortunately, no fs1 or 2 available where I was.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3610558)   #1185
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I enjoyed watching the race, caught maybe 2/3 of it. While watching though, I knew already that it was skewed, but I didn't let that disturb me. It was easy for me as I don't like DPs and prefer other style of prototypes, and in this race BoP was so that the DPs didn't have a chance until all of the non-DP competition broke catastrophically. When the DW and the mazda still were with us, at anytime you had the impression any of the P2 (plus the DW) could just take turns in hustling DPs at their will. Of course I enjoyed the picture for a while, sort of a revenge feel. But it faded, after a while I felt as sorry for the DP teams as I felt back in the USCC's beginning for P2 teams.

No matter how much hindy loved it, I couldn't see a DP being able to compete with a P2 this time around.

PCs.. it's a pity you guys all hate them so much, they're like the ALMS days prototypes. In theory faster than these cars filled with pro drivers, but breaking left, right, mistakes, drama... while looking nice and sounding great. Think it's a pity that they still aren't surviving without hardware issues.

GTLM.. guess the story of the race is the kind of scum move you do when you're corvette and your opponent is not corvette. Also looking forward to actually analyzing the sector and lap times myself, I have the slight suspicion that corvette's performance envelope during the final 45 minutes was tighter and higher up than the rest of the field. And I reckon that's as much a coincidence as Aston Martin's WEC "target performance" driving. In other words, I believe not only are they acting like scum on the race track, but also off the track. Curious to see what the data will be hinting at.

GTD.. what a field. Also, sure the lambos were fast in a straight line (wtf fast), but it didn't help them - at all. Guess their balance was better than on the other end of the field.

I don't like the track where the event was held, but it was worth my time without angering me, so kudos to IMSA I suppose
Trying to understand the corvette scum comment here?? Is this in relation to gavin's tap of Bamber in the last hour? Bit harsh if so, imo. And I am a huge porsche fan. Bamber was clearly holding him up, was lots of time left, wasn't going to hold off gavin for 30+ mins (or garcia) for that matter. While I am not a fan of the bump and run, really wasn't much harm that came from it and it was inevitable that the vettes were gonna go by anyhow.

Last edited by schmidder; 1 Feb 2016 at 15:15.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3610560)   #1186
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Corvette sneezes and they're scum and up to shenanigans as I predicted. Great find.
You may cling to your apparent belief that it is the fact that it was corvette who "sneezed" that made me classify the action as a scum move if it makes you happy.

You may of course ignore I insist that this does not have to do with the name of the team, but their actions, and all I can do against it is post this message.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:13 (Ref:3610561)   #1187
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
I tried - terrible IMSA stream - then I tried the app, it was even worse. Unfortunately, no fs1 or 2 available where I was.
So the question is... where were you?

It worked well for me.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3610564)   #1188
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Trying to understand the corvette scum comment here?? Is this in relation to gavin's tap of Bamber in the last hour?
Yes.

IMHO, if it was inevitable (cf. #4 passing after the bump), the bump was never necessary. If you can't pass cleanly, then ... don't. If you insist on hitting other cars, penalty box is where you belong, IMO.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3610567)   #1189
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It worked well for me.
Doubletree Hotel, Memphis, TN. Might be the problem was Android, though Youtube worked fine.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3610569)   #1190
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
Quote:
Yes.

IMHO, if it was inevitable (cf. #4 passing after the bump), the bump was never necessary. If you can't pass cleanly, then ... don't. If you insist on hitting other cars, penalty box is where you belong, IMO.
Agreed, chrome horn only justified only in cases of blocking or "over defending" but at least the Porsche wasn't put off track.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:28 (Ref:3610572)   #1191
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
You may cling to your apparent belief that it is the fact that it was corvette who "sneezed" that made me classify the action as a scum move if it makes you happy.

You may of course ignore I insist that this does not have to do with the name of the team, but their actions, and all I can do against it is post this message.
If me clinging to minor incidents being blown out proportions by the same crowd time and time again makes me happy, no matter the team, so be it.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3610574)   #1192
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes.

I fully agree. If the Corvette was as good as it was, then you should have no issues getting around. I lost a lot of respect for OG with that move. Completely unnecessary.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:42 (Ref:3610576)   #1193
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't necessary..I agree, just didn't think scum classification was quite justified..
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3610578)   #1194
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I fully agree. If the Corvette was as good as it was, then you should have no issues getting around. I lost a lot of respect for OG with that move. Completely unnecessary.
And Beau was napping again - or was told to be napping!

Wondering what IMSA's take on the DW crash will be, a rather harsh punishment should be given to Meyrick! (sitting out Sebring for instance comes to mind.)
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:49 (Ref:3610579)   #1195
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
post race thoughts http://nasportscar.com/arm-chair-rac...msa-race-ever/
Old 1 Feb 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3610583)   #1196
Russell Allen
Rookie

Russell Allen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It worked well for me.
had trouble with the app , more than likely user error, scoreboard on the backstretch was not working,, tv stream was off and on
Old 1 Feb 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3610585)   #1197
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
It wasn't necessary..I agree, just didn't think scum classification was quite justified..
If it helps you, I'm not a native speaker, and "scum" was what came up when I was looking for a word to describe "subjectively perceived as having performed a negative action consciously, i.e. with awareness of its negativity and intent to put the morale aside and go through with it nonetheless" with less spaces.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3610587)   #1198
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool, let's move on from that word because those points are worth discussing.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3610590)   #1199
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Cool, let's move on from that word because those points are worth discussing.
yay thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
And Beau was napping again - or was told to be napping!

Wondering what IMSA's take on the DW crash will be, a rather harsh punishment should be given to Meyrick! (sitting out Sebring for instance comes to mind.)
Okay, I still haven't understood what happened there. I missed it in the live pictures, and what I gathered happened was (please correct me: )

- lmpc dies, sits on track and can't leave the middle of the apex
- couple of cars narrowly avoid the immobile LMPC
- DW comes along and hits hit full on.

So then I hear an interview afterwards, from someone (female voice but not Legge) from the DW team (I think) "we told him there's a car there, but somehow he didn't hear us that lap".

I did not see the flagging for the incident, but this thread makes me think the yellows came late. Additionally, I did see the placement of the marshal post is unlucky for that corner, as it's beyond the pit-exit road, even further to the inside of the corner.

What's your take on who's to blame? Race control (should've FCY'd earlier? better radio transmissions?)? DW team? Meyrick? combination of these?
Old 1 Feb 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3610595)   #1200
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
yay thanks...

Okay, I still haven't understood what happened there. I missed it in the live pictures, and what I gathered happened was (please correct me: )

- lmpc dies, sits on track and can't leave the middle of the apex
- couple of cars narrowly avoid the immobile LMPC
- DW comes along and hits hit full on.

So then I hear an interview afterwards, from someone (female voice but not Legge) from the DW team (I think) "we told him there's a car there, but somehow he didn't hear us that lap".

I did not see the flagging for the incident, but this thread makes me think the yellows came late. Additionally, I did see the placement of the marshal post is unlucky for that corner, as it's beyond the pit-exit road, even further to the inside of the corner.

What's your take on who's to blame? Race control (should've FCY'd earlier? better radio transmissions?)? DW team? Meyrick? combination of these?
The DW incident is pretty much fully explained here. I blame the driver (Meyrick).