Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Jul 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4169876)   #1176
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Talking of different engines. 400+ hp in that Morgan and Camaro rear end.
I whole heartedly approved and if I win 800 million this evening I will have to have me one of those
Old 25 Jul 2023, 12:02 (Ref:4169879)   #1177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lovely cars posted on here the past two days. I'm sure quite a few on here would take them up no question if they had the means and money to do so
Old 25 Jul 2023, 12:36 (Ref:4169889)   #1178
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I whole heartedly approved and if I win 800 million this evening I will have to have me one of those
It’s like a cooler AC Cobra. Old English chassis with big (but light) American V8. What’s not to like.

The guy said it was a little lighter than the standard Morgan. Not so much in the engine as the original is quite light, but the transmission is lighter and the battery doesn’t need to be so big!
Old 25 Jul 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4169892)   #1179
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I spotted a Yellow Ford GT heading northbound on the M1 on Sunday morning the first one I have ever seen on the road.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4169901)   #1180
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You didn't specify how you intend to win 800 million. Evening italian job in a bank? Waiting for you luck, you can have a Moggie fitted with an old Buick block which I like. Easy to improve, very reliable and user friendly, torkey in the low, meaty in the high. Good match.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 15:18 (Ref:4169902)   #1181
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You didn't specify how you intend to win 800 million. Evening italian job in a bank? Waiting for you luck, you can have a Moggie fitted with an old Buick block which I like. Easy to improve, very reliable and user friendly, torkey in the low, meaty in the high. Good match.

Well he did say win, so I assume it will be legal means and not something dodgy. But your cheaper way to get the car tuned how he wants is quite helpful. Sounds good
Old 25 Jul 2023, 15:35 (Ref:4169903)   #1182
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My guess is it was this one.Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford GT (1).JPG
Views:	9
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	77657

it seems to get everywhere.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 16:02 (Ref:4169909)   #1183
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4169919)   #1184
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yellow.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 18:10 (Ref:4169922)   #1185
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Equipe National Beige?
Old 25 Jul 2023, 18:17 (Ref:4169924)   #1186
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean Écurie Francorchamps by Jacques Swaters? Not exactly the same yellow. And running Ferraris exclusively (like NART?).
Old 25 Jul 2023, 19:10 (Ref:4169933)   #1187
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Oops, Adam, I owe You apologies. You're right about the National Belgian Team, I got it wrong:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89...ationale_Belge Note to myself: dont answer too quickly in the future.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 20:21 (Ref:4169935)   #1188
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
My guess is it was this one.Attachment 77657

it seems to get everywhere.
Quite the practical city car.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 20:45 (Ref:4169939)   #1189
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Spent my 2 bucks on 800 million lottery to fund the wife's bakery, last estimate was 225-500k for build out from the original 120k estimate. I sadly did not win the 1.8 billion last week
Old 29 Jul 2023, 03:15 (Ref:4170334)   #1190
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never have my phone at the ready, but I walked out my front door Wednesday morning and a beautiful burgundy Studebaker Avanti drove by. I lieu of a real picture, here is what I saw:

Old 29 Jul 2023, 03:50 (Ref:4170336)   #1191
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The Ford Capri was going to have a rear window like that, but very late on in development they realised it was very claustrophobic in the back so they put in the bigger D shape window.

Source: https://a.co/d/gNd3pz6
Old 29 Jul 2023, 06:52 (Ref:4170346)   #1192
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I never have my phone at the ready, but I walked out my front door Wednesday morning and a beautiful burgundy Studebaker Avanti drove by. I lieu of a real picture, here is what I saw
For obvious reasons we have a lot of enthousiasts of every Raymond Loewy designed cars. And the GRP build helps to keep them on the road.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:23 (Ref:4170779)   #1193
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Spotted this in a car park at the weekend - seemed a very bold/poor choice considering it was hammering down with rain.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9563.jpg  
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:27 (Ref:4170780)   #1194
S griffin
Veteran

Wouldn't be a car I would choose. Yes it would be pretty useless in the wet
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:30 (Ref:4170784)   #1195
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually minis are great in the wet, that short wheelbase and fed males for good handling.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4170786)   #1196
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Spotted this in a car park at the weekend - seemed a very bold/poor choice considering it was hammering down with rain.

When my partner and I went to the Seychelles many years ago, the only cars for rent were Mini Mokes which were great fun to drive. Found out very quickly not to bother driving when the rain came because it made no difference with the top on or off, and it was far more exposed than that Mini.

When it rained there, boy did the heavens open! However, on the plus side they didn't last for long, and once the sky cleared everything dried up really rapidly. On the first day I got sunburned even after applying copious amounts of Factor 50, wearing a tee-shirt and sitting in the shade. Despite that, it was a fabulous holiday and it was a stunning place which has been somewhat spoilt by too much tourist development, or so I understand.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 12:36 (Ref:4170813)   #1197
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Actually minis are great in the wet, that short wheelbase and fed males for good handling.
The handling wouldn't be my concern (minis are a hoot in any conditions) - the lack of doors/windows suggests a somewhat damp trip home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
When my partner and I went to the Seychelles many years ago, the only cars for rent were Mini Mokes which were great fun to drive. Found out very quickly not to bother driving when the rain came because it made no difference with the top on or off, and it was far more exposed than that Mini.

When it rained there, boy did the heavens open! However, on the plus side they didn't last for long, and once the sky cleared everything dried up really rapidly. On the first day I got sunburned even after applying copious amounts of Factor 50, wearing a tee-shirt and sitting in the shade. Despite that, it was a fabulous holiday and it was a stunning place which has been somewhat spoilt by too much tourist development, or so I understand.
Similar in Barbados - the hire cars were 'mokes' made from Hyundais (at least I think it was Hyundais - certainly something small and bland). They all seemed to be battered and generally shabby (probably hugely unsafe) but were the most widely available option.

Like you I got sunburned on the first day despite suncream still enjoyed the rest of the holiday though (maybe in part down to the quantity of rum consumed!).
Old 31 Jul 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4170815)   #1198
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The handling wouldn't be my concern (minis are a hoot in any conditions) - the lack of doors/windows suggests a somewhat damp ......
I think perhaps you missed the syntax of the underlying metaphor.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 01:36 (Ref:4170863)   #1199
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
A couple car updates the last few days

One for everyone to feel old
Caught that coming back from the farmers market yesterday, and yes those are antique plates on her

Oh and yes, yes off to the left off screen is THE Waffle House.

It has single exhaust on the standard rear valance, made almost no noise and no badge on the side vent but M mirror and M3 badge on the deck, yeah it was a 2dr too. Guess someone found a wreck for a couple bits

She was factory perfect and made a good noise, older Maserati on the road in great condition. Usually even newer they usually look like they're ready for Grand Tour duty

Last edited by broadrun96; 1 Aug 2023 at 01:43.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 07:39 (Ref:4170887)   #1200
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'd rather the first version with banana style rear lights also called boomerang. But you had to cope with the twin tubo Maserati engine.