Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 18 Dec 2012, 02:52 (Ref:3179684)   #1201
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard the MacKenzie car will not travel to the SI.

I have also heard that the Toyota Camry roof width is narrower than the Falcon and commodore so I guess the truth about that will come out at round 1. That must be getting to be an expensive car as to buy a new Toyota engine for that car is between 80-100k.

With Mackenzies car's engine not fitting (and if it was minor it would be at R1) and the Toyota's hashing of body panels and cage adjustments to suit, I think it should be in GT1 also. Perhaps Geoff Short could get his endurance series off the ground again for these cars.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 02:52 (Ref:3179686)   #1202
Caterhamf1
Rookie

Caterhamf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
cars that aren't identical.. is that a foreign concept to you?
Well, it is forign if your talking about a class where the cars have to have exactly the same speed, no different to DTM, V8 Supercars and another certain class that I am apparently not allowed to mention.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3179688)   #1203
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
guess the series should be cancelled.. again lol since those that don't like the series are complaining about it... again.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3179689)   #1204
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
just curious..

apart from MRX.. who's actually seen the Carmy or FG with the Coyote fitted in the flesh?
Old 18 Dec 2012, 04:16 (Ref:3179693)   #1205
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
I have heard the MacKenzie car will not travel to the SI.

I have also heard that the Toyota Camry roof width is narrower than the Falcon and commodore so I guess the truth about that will come out at round 1. That must be getting to be an expensive car as to buy a new Toyota engine for that car is between 80-100k.

With Mackenzies car's engine not fitting (and if it was minor it would be at R1) and the Toyota's hashing of body panels and cage adjustments to suit, I think it should be in GT1 also. Perhaps Geoff Short could get his endurance series off the ground again for these cars.
Perhaps somebody should post the rules on this thread for people to read before they post.

I am sure the rules state that the body panels must be made to fit the chassis not the other way round.

Like any space frame race car at the end of the day they are only a silhouette.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3179716)   #1206
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
guess the series should be cancelled.. again lol since those that don't like the series are complaining about it... again.
And those that dont like the 'other' series complain about that too even though there is sweet FA to complain about!

Once again Promax, it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Even though the summer series will not deliver what they wanted too, i still wish them all the best with whatever they do this summer (and i do mean that). But the V8's are just disapointing
Old 18 Dec 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3179718)   #1207
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. While Ten-Tenths isn't the be all, end all of internet land it serves a really useful function (as a forum should) of being a 'starting point' for keeping track of NZ circuit motor racing.

I keep popping in hoping to find something out about what will be happening through January motor racing wise.

I actually think that a good many people would genuinely like to know what is happening?

Defensive and chippy posts don't add anything.

If you know, please share what we can look forward to. Pretty please.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3179719)   #1208
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Perhaps somebody should post the rules on this thread for people to read before they post.

I am sure the rules state that the body panels must be made to fit the chassis not the other way round.

Like any space frame race car at the end of the day they are only a silhouette.
You deserve the class Bill but your paying spectators don't. Pull your head out of the sand and look forward for a change.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3179741)   #1209
tacmacnzl
Rookie

tacmacnzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw heavy advertising for the NZv8s/ TRS on multiple sky channels tonight during primetime.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3179856)   #1210
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
And those that dont like the 'other' series complain about that too even though there is sweet FA to complain about!

Once again Promax, it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Even though the summer series will not deliver what they wanted too, i still wish them all the best with whatever they do this summer (and i do mean that). But the V8's are just disapointing
yeah the half a dozen that whine when i post in the other thread seem to think it's okay to sling mud in this one
Old 18 Dec 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3179857)   #1211
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmacnzl View Post
Saw heavy advertising for the NZv8s/ TRS on multiple sky channels tonight during primetime.
hmm something positive
Old 18 Dec 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3179877)   #1212
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the ad it starts later this week or early next week on sky, will be interesting to see what the production comes out like.

Also I noted it was called the
NZ
V8 Championship

NZV8 wasn't all one word and didn't use the NZV8's logo.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3179890)   #1213
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You deserve the class Bill but your paying spectators don't. Pull your head out of the sand and look forward for a change.
What are you actually referring to here Mike?

If you are talking about change in V8's, that has been happening for a year or more behind the scenes, and is continuing. If you are the Mike I think you are, I know why you are so anti the current NZ Championship scenario.

The reality is that there will be a place for the TL V8's in the future and SUpertourers are here and shiny and great as well.

What history has shown us is that expensive Championships from Pacific, Brabham, TraNZam through to the recent NZV8's tend to live in a cycle. Possibly because we only have 4m people in NZ and less than 1% of those want to put more than $40K into any form of motorized sport as a driver and/or sponsor. So the focus of the governance group is not on what class currently is best, but what will be here in 5 or 10 years time.

But I'm rambling. What I can see is that of the 47 TL V8's that are in existence only 9 came out to play for the Challenge Cup and only a few more will come out and play in the NZ V8 Championship. Question is why?

Many are sitting on the fence and others just cannot afford to commit to any form of series/championship. People will cherry-pick events they wish to do, much like what happens in Rallying at the moment.
Just my opinion, not that of any form of governance operation
Old 18 Dec 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3179894)   #1214
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post

If you are talking about change in V8's, that has been happening for a year or more behind the scenes, and is continuing. If you are the Mike I think you are, I know why you are so anti the current NZ Championship scenario.

The reality is that there will be a place for the TL V8's in the future and SUpertourers are here and shiny and great as well.

What history has shown us is that expensive Championships from Pacific, Brabham, TraNZam through to the recent NZV8's tend to live in a cycle. Possibly because we only have 4m people in NZ and less than 1% of those want to put more than $40K into any form of motorized sport as a driver and/or sponsor. So the focus of the governance group is not on what class currently is best, but what will be here in 5 or 10 years time.

But I'm rambling. What I can see is that of the 47 TL V8's that are in existence only 9 came out to play for the Challenge Cup and only a few more will come out and play in the NZ V8 Championship. Question is why?

Many are sitting on the fence and others just cannot afford to commit to any form of series/championship. People will cherry-pick events they wish to do, much like what happens in Rallying at the moment.
Another sensible post, people like yourself who are involved with MSNZ give me hope that we can go forward in a good way for the 2014 season. Keep it up and have a great Christmas!
Old 18 Dec 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3179901)   #1215
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Crikey i did not realise there is a total of 47 TL's..... quite a lot really
Old 18 Dec 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3179914)   #1216
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
There must be a helluva lot of old V8SC's over in Oz too - wonder what happens to these old spec-cars after they pass their use-by date?

In their heyday, the NZV8's had over 30 cars on the grid so some of the additional TL's may be quite old, as I wouldn't have thought many (if any) would have built new TL cars after about 2008 when talk started about a replacement for them. Yes, it's taken that long!

Someone may care to correct me on the new TL builds though?
Old 18 Dec 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3179918)   #1217
flyingduck
Veteran

I think PC built one around the 2008 stage Goat Boy, I believe it went pretty hard into the wall in a race down south from memory.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3179919)   #1218
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
yeah you're right GB, with the onset of COTF in aus one would imagine there will be loads on older project blueprint cars on the market. Some will go to the DVS for sure, while others may be purchased by privateers who have the coin to pay 200-400k for a V8 supercar (i'm guessing the price here).

Add to that the many TL cars in NZ, trademe may become quite busy soon
Old 18 Dec 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3179930)   #1219
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
There must be a helluva lot of old V8SC's over in Oz too - wonder what happens to these old spec-cars after they pass their use-by date?
It's quite interesting to see how over the years the V8 Touring Car class in the Shannons Nationals has become more competitive and professional, as more project-blueprint-era V8 Supercars become obsolete in the Dunlop Series.

There's also two old V8 Supercars being raced in a Thai GT Championship - one of them the old ex-BJR Corlissmobile.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3179936)   #1220
Bill Brown
Racer

Quote:
We can only run what is available to us.

Do I feel a knife sticking out of my back?
Old 18 Dec 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3179937)   #1221
Bill Brown
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post

Perhaps we should start a class for redundant V8SC then we would have three V8 classes to pick from!!!
Old 18 Dec 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3179943)   #1222
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Perhaps we should start a class for redundant V8SC then we would have three V8 classes to pick from!!!
Wonder what the running costs are like for those - Nick Chester would know!
Old 19 Dec 2012, 00:23 (Ref:3179946)   #1223
flyingduck
Veteran

Quote:
But Nicks car isn't even close to a V8 supercar, his has bigger engine, traction control and every other piece of Fruit to make a car go faster.
Old 19 Dec 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3179954)   #1224
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
But Nicks car isn't even close to a V8 supercar, his has bigger engine, traction control and every other piece of Fruit to make a car go faster.
Yeah I know, but it still can't be a cheap exercise running a car that was designed around a $2m annual operating budget...
Old 19 Dec 2012, 02:26 (Ref:3179970)   #1225
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Chesters car was the ex-Dynamic shell hot-rodded from, but never was Supercar spec??
isn't the Carter Bros Endurance car still V8SC spec??