Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:40 (Ref:3380181)   #1201
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
Louie Loper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good to talk to you all, see you for F1
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:40 (Ref:3380182)   #1202
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
Another record has been set. During the 12 Hours of Sebring there were 964 posts to this thread with the lowest percentage of almswhiningaboutdp that I have seen in months.

Y'all have a good night. I'm going for 3 hrs sleep, then F1 (2AM here).
DVR will change your life
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:42 (Ref:3380183)   #1203
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All right gents time for some dinner at Texas road house!

Then f1

I'm out!
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:43 (Ref:3380184)   #1204
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Problem is that in '12 the problems were spread out among classes. This time, it was LMPC that was the culprit of a lot of the issues, especially in the first half.

Some of the moves today were just insane. Oreca got proof that they build sturdy race cars, but I don't think they wanted the proof demonstrated like it was several times today. And the Risi Ferrari deal was just a boneheaded move on Matteo's part. Like as one said earlier, when he's good, he's really good, and when he's bad, he's horrible.

Some of these deals just seem like giving a little kid or an insane person a AK-47 or an AR-15 and live ammo. That's not gonna end well to put it lightly. Like firearms, race cars need to be treated with the respect they deserve, and they can be dangerous in the wrong hands.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:43 (Ref:3380185)   #1205
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with Dodge Swinger. I feel ripped off and insulted. WEC and F1 for me. I will not travel to watch this filth.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:46 (Ref:3380186)   #1206
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
See ya!
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:47 (Ref:3380187)   #1207
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
Another record has been set. During the 12 Hours of Sebring there were 964 posts to this thread with the lowest percentage of almswhiningaboutdp that I have seen in months.

Y'all have a good night. I'm going for 3 hrs sleep, then F1 (2AM here).
The whining was about two things that ALMS fans have complained about before which has carried over to TUSK in an even worse way that what existed before 1) The LMPC class 2)Full course yellows...the length and frequency.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:48 (Ref:3380188)   #1208
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I'm with Dodge Swinger. I feel ripped off and insulted. WEC and F1 for me. I will not travel to watch this filth.
Please keep on supporting this series. Hopefully IMSA will learn. Also we can go the next two races with just LMP2, DP, and GTLM only.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:55 (Ref:3380191)   #1209
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
Maybe not in the same league equipment wise, but Ganassi is every bit as good as Penske when it comes to preparation and professionalism. As for the many recent Audi banners which came with victories that were more like 12 hour test sessions then races...really not that impressive. Ganassi beat champion OAK racing champion Muscle Milk etc. Not an easy task.
Agreed I see where this is going. I agree I don't mean it like that. Ganassi is top notch. It's just that the DP is such a badge job that it doesn't really make any sense that "Ford" gets credit for the win even though they provide an engine.

It can't shake the feeling but it's just different. To see Ford's name go up on the wall when they don't truly build racecars just bothers me.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:56 (Ref:3380192)   #1210
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
See ya!
Enjoy your fake prototypes and your fake racing.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:57 (Ref:3380193)   #1211
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not ready to abandon the series because one badly timed caution spoiled a great race. The racing between the DPs and P2s was great all day long. Same with all the other classes. To be clear, if they dont shorten their caution periods I will not watch another race. It is repulsive. They have to know that. So I fully expect changes to come.

It seems some people are pulling the plug early because they have the WEC to run to. The WEC is all rosy right now but I dont think it will stay like that for long. The spending war combined with overly complex and more importantly expensive and irrelevant to road cars KERS technology will eventually drive off the factories leaving nothing.

I'll take my chances with Tudor
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:59 (Ref:3380194)   #1212
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd think the victory banner is going to say Riley Ford, which is exactly what it is.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:59 (Ref:3380195)   #1213
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That bs with the Porsche was preposterous.
Aside from that and the ridiculously long cautions, meh I guess it wasn't as bad as Daytona and it did have its fun bits when they were actually racing.
5/10.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:59 (Ref:3380196)   #1214
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Enjoy your fake prototypes and your fake racing.
I'll enjoy prototypes and real racing, actually.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3380198)   #1215
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Holt, 2 races. They have to do something about the officiating and the driving standards too. If the cars were technically interesting it would make all the on track nonsense a little more palatable. This is really just Grand Am 2.0 which is sad because there could be so much potential.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3380200)   #1216
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
dude, please drop it - I was irritated by the length and frequency (not number, but full course yellows that would have been local anywhere else in the world) of FCYs, the wave-by procedures and, as a result, the winning car, but there was a lot to be grateful for and a good race overall, provided me with enjoyment and positives to take; parity between DPs and P2s was a highlight.

Whether it's Ford or Riley (the latter would be my preference) whose name goes up there, their car won.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3380201)   #1217
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'll enjoy prototypes and real racing, actually.
I'm glad you're willing to give the WEC a chance!
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3380202)   #1218
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
Louie Loper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
I'm not ready to abandon the series because one badly timed caution spoiled a great race. The racing between the DPs and P2s was great all day long. Same with all the other classes. To be clear, if they dont shorten their caution periods I will not watch another race. It is repulsive. They have to know that. So I fully expect changes to come.

It seems some people are pulling the plug early because they have the WEC to run to. The WEC is all rosy right now but I dont think it will stay like that for long. The spending war combined with overly complex and more importantly expensive and irrelevant to road cars KERS technology will eventually drive off the factories leaving nothing.

I'll take my chances with Tudor
this, I can't ignore Road Atlanta, Sebring, Road America, we still have those
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3380204)   #1219
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And I've been just making the Twitter rounds, and Marshall Pruett isn't very happy about the length of that last yellow, and John Dagys is still confused about what IMSA may/may not do about the Porsche penalty deal.

Our very own Mike Hedlund did say in regards to IMSA's penalties that Paul Walter as a person is a decent enough guy, but it seems that either his hands are tied or he's unable/unwilling to delegate authority, or he's trying to pull a Brian Barnhart or a NASCAR and micromanage stuff. It's like the Porsche contact. Anyone knows that if the car's got a Michelin sticker on the roof it's gotta be one of the PMNA GTE/GTLM cars. After all, GTD is a Conti tire spec tire series.

Mike has said that in the past that if Paul doesn't see it, he can't call it. But IMSA screwed up with that one. I know that they have admitted to mistakes, but their clarifications and apologizes can only go so far if they keep making the same or similar mistakes over and over again.

Maybe the ACO and FIA need to send their race control over to a TUSCC race and show them how it's done, because WEC races rarely have FCY's of any kind and they tend to make better calls.

Only thing that they'd be screwed on, though, is that because of liability reasons and difficulty with getting track workers and marshals to sign waivers, we'd still need FCY's for quite a few things. NA tracks also usually don't have the run-off that most FIA grade 1 tracks do, which heavily populate the WEC, too. But FCY also needs to be streamlined a bit for minor on-track issues.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3380205)   #1220
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
I'm glad you're willing to give the WEC a chance!
Been watching the WEC since it's inception.

Was talking about TUSC though.

Once again, it's really difficult to stay within the posting guidelines and make sure my posts are nice with some people here.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:08 (Ref:3380207)   #1221
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
One positive point, IMSA did get the BOP right between DP and LMP2 for the most part. Maybe if the DP's lose about 25 bhp things might be better, or if Prototype was open tire and the DP's and LMP2s can have tires that suit their cars strengths and weaknesses, that might help.

But the DPs once the track rubbered in couldn't run away from the LMP2 cars in terms of lap time. The one big plus from Sebring this year.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:09 (Ref:3380209)   #1222
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

People or organizations learn when they are open to learning. IMSA isn't open to learning anything about caution periods or wave arounds. Even the announcers praise the wave around rule for artificially keeping everyone on the lead lap. One of them said you could have a problem early and be a lap down in the first hour. I am way past the DP vs. P2 argument. These are the cars that are in the series and I can deal with that. Endless BS cautions and endless wave arounds penalize teams that work the hardest and reward teams that just hang around. It was an orchestrated finish.

And there is no excuse for the incompetence that penalized AJR. If you can't read a Michelin logo on a car, you have no business officiating a race. That was totall incompetence coupled with NASCAR arrogance. Would not be surprised if Job gets fined for "approaching The Sacred Tower Of Antioch" to plead his case, or even worse, to complain about it on camera.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:12 (Ref:3380211)   #1223
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
As I've said several times before, if you don't like how TUSCC has done things and you wanna stay a sportscar fan, there's the WEC. And if you don't like the WEC and you're not a GT-only guy, then you're pretty much screwed
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:12 (Ref:3380212)   #1224
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Paul Walter fired. He's horrific.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:22 (Ref:3380216)   #1225
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
It's like what Mike said about him. Decent guy, but seems over his head or is a micro-manager/control freak.
Closed Thread