Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Mar 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4044071)   #1201
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hawk eye… Is the answer "Ignition main button"? Never heard before…
Old 31 Mar 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4044088)   #1202
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Editing myself, the answer is: sticker, first name, name, rhesus, trumpet, trombone. Right Bob?
Old 31 Mar 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4044094)   #1203
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Editing myself, the answer is: sticker, first name, name, rhesus, trumpet, trombone. Right Bob?
Ami, Gerard, you know what the car is, and you know when it would have run in the British Grand Prix, you must also know that the driver is far to young to be Fifi, or Chiron, Giraud-Cabantous, Rosier, Levegh, so who is left driving Lago Talbots in 1950/51. A musician according to EB, so Pillete, Swaters, Grignard, Louveau, Sommer, Chaboud, Schell, Gonzalez, Pozzi, Mairesse. or Hamilton?
Have I left anyone out I wonder.

Maybe you ned a jab of something.

Maybe not a trombone, but a French Horn.
Old 31 Mar 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4044100)   #1204
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Seriously speaking, a jab comes on top of my list together with trying to protect my family as much as I can. Not an easy task.

You know my Dad had several blokes amongst your list, like Grignard (I met him several times and Amédée too), Sommer, Levegh and Pozzi of course.
My bet was Hamilton, was wrong. Who's left? The two Louis, Rosier and Chiron but only Rosier was French. Louis Rosier T26 CDA?
Old 31 Mar 2021, 19:13 (Ref:4044104)   #1205
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Seriously speaking, a jab comes on top of my list together with trying to protect my family as much as I can. Not an easy task.

You know my Dad had several blokes amongst your list, like Grignard (I met him several times and Amédée too), Sommer, Levegh and Pozzi of course.
My bet was Hamilton, was wrong. Who's left? The two Louis, Rosier and Chiron but only Rosier was French. Louis Rosier T26 CDA?
The driver went on to drive for Le Sorcerer in Formula 2.
Old 31 Mar 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4044111)   #1206
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim Tiller in the Allard?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 31 Mar 2021, 20:40 (Ref:4044119)   #1207
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Jim Tiller in the Allard?
At last 356sc knows the answer, it had to happen. I award him a smiley
Old 1 Apr 2021, 05:36 (Ref:4044142)   #1208
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last attempt: Harry Schell but can see no relationship with a musician. Nice pic anyway.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4044166)   #1209
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Last attempt: Harry Schell but can see no relationship with a musician. Nice pic anyway.
Dont assume it is a blue car in rbs' pic.....

Driver also won at Chimay in a Simca Gordini in the same year as the picture was taken.... maybe local knowledge helped.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4044176)   #1210
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
My interest was piqued....much “googling” later....I have found the answer.

Drivers of yesteryear seem so much more interesting/diverse than their current counterparts!
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Apr 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4044177)   #1211
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
At last 356sc knows the answer, it had to happen. I award him a smiley
Law of averages says that eventually I would get one right!!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Apr 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4044185)   #1212
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Law of averages says that eventually I would get one right!!!
Clearly Laura Vaverages knows you well...
Old 1 Apr 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4044210)   #1213
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Clearly Laura Vaverages knows you well...
She is familiar, and underwhelmed with my work!
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Apr 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4044217)   #1214
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Did not find the right answer, so I give up. Thanks for the nice pic, very interesting. I guess EB and Will at least found it.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4044220)   #1215
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Did not find the right answer, so I give up. Thanks for the nice pic, very interesting. I guess EB and Will at least found it.
GerryMo, I gave you the answer and you nobly refused to 'cheat'!!!
But you are a Frenchman, why change after hundreds of years of French duplicity?

PS; Get my second jab tomorrow, then I can take my mask off when typing to you.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4044230)   #1216
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
PS; Get my second jab tomorrow, then I can take my mask off when typing to you.

Well yes, but only after you have allowed about 3 weeks to elapse so that the vaccine has taken effect.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4044245)   #1217
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mon Ami Robert, please dont think you're invincible just because you have two jabs. Remain safe and careful any time. Please.

Re the answer, the man in question never went in my radar I must confess. And cheating, in life or competition, is absolutely not interesting for me. I still hold a record in rally having had 29 of my competitors asking for my car to be stripped in bits! More recently, my Capri was thoroughly examined at each round of the championship till the dedicated scrutineer declared he did'nt want to harras me anymore…

Good news is you mentioned Georges Grignard, a very good bloke of my Dad. When I had my first Honda, very rare brand in France in the '70s, I used to go to his garage of Puteaux to wash my bike under his direction. I could admire many road Talbots, he had a lot of spares for those and a huge knowledge of their secrets.
Donc, merci encore ?* toi mon Ami Robert et toi, Georges, quand tu nous liras, merci pour tout!
Cheers!
Old 2 Apr 2021, 03:35 (Ref:4044312)   #1218
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, We seem to have ground to a halt on rbs's wonderful pic from Silverstone 1951 of the yellow Talbot Lago 26C entered by Ecurie Belge for the talented born in London (but relocated to Belgium as a child) Jazz (trumpet) player whose first name was Johnny.

Great to see some of the less famous drivers of the era popping up in questions.

Which all seems like a cue for the next question.

This one is a very simple "who am I" question. I think it is easy but then I took the photos.

All I will say as a clue, which might not be much of a clue, is that I started more Indycar races than I did GP's or non championship F1 races.

So "Who Am I?"

(No points for the car we have done that one to death)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1548.JPG   IMG_1549.JPG  

Last edited by E.B; 2 Apr 2021 at 03:41. Reason: dredfool spellink
Old 2 Apr 2021, 06:56 (Ref:4044320)   #1219
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm glad you did not ask where as well!
Old 2 Apr 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4044321)   #1220
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Funnily enough I was going to offer a bonus point for that.....
Your'e banned anyway. As discussed.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 08:21 (Ref:4044329)   #1221
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Funnily enough I was going to offer a bonus point for that.....
Your'e banned anyway. As discussed.

Does being an Aussie put you in the banned list with RB?

You could send me to the Stewards room if I did the wrong thing EB.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4044338)   #1222
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Does being an Aussie put you in the banned list with RB?

You could send me to the Stewards room if I did the wrong thing EB.
Hi OT, hope you are well. Funnily enough I noticed you were online earlier and it did cross my mind, knowing you would know the answer, to post that you were banned as well, especially now with your Stewards comment...

Anyway, I said it was easy, not to decry GCC's very swift correct answer to both the 'who am I' part and the bonus point for venue, so well done to him.

The rest of you can guess away of course. Answers preferably via the email contact link (my PM box is full and I have to go through to see what can be deleted.)
Old 2 Apr 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4044343)   #1223
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last time I saw him was in '74. OK, I'm banned too! Nice pictures merci beaucoup, continue ?* rendre justice ?* des pilotes que l'on a trop tendance ?* oublier. Quelle carrière!

Did not remember that those F1's had a Wilson gearbox tho… Not mentioning the SU carbs!
Old 2 Apr 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4044346)   #1224
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just checked the Q lap times from '74. A clue: he's been much faster than me… But his engine failure happened before ours…
Old 2 Apr 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4044394)   #1225
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Phillip Island Classic… Dont tell me you need the year!

By the way, EB, 'your" Johnny was………… https://www.johnnytalbot.com/

Last edited by Gerard C; 2 Apr 2021 at 17:35.