Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Apr 2004, 17:52 (Ref:944476)   #1201
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neiltbag
There's a seat in the Panoz, and in the Reynard-Lehmann, and a whole bunch at the mysterious Epsilon team. So there's obviously potential for some interesting announcements soon.
There are still 1 or 2 empty seats in GT and GTS too....
Old 19 Apr 2004, 17:52 (Ref:944477)   #1202
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anyone heard any more about Epsilon?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 17:54 (Ref:944481)   #1203
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by eddsc
The Spinnaker Dallara was expected at Paul Ricard, but Oreca didn't quite finish the Judd installation in time (the chassis had been laying idle with a Mopar still in it).
Delighted that you're all enjoying the flood of news at DSC today: thanks for mentioning where you read it.
MC

Maybe somebody should buy that MOPAR engine from them as well....

It ran OK when ORECA campaigned with it at Le Mans...if I remember correctly, that car ran 4th....

not too shabby for an engine that hasn't resurfaced since...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 18:24 (Ref:944528)   #1204
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neiltbag
mysterious Epsilon team
Mysterious? Why?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 18:29 (Ref:944538)   #1205
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Isn't Jack Lecomte involved ? If I remember correctly, it's a french team... but more ?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 18:40 (Ref:944553)   #1206
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by eddsc
thanks for mentioning where you read it.
MC
This is the occasion to warn again our new members : always mention your sources : when there's a journalist's work, and when you picked it up from a personnal site too...

Let's remember that, if we've got news, they are the result of a work of somebody somewhere...

And there's no problem to tease us a little bit when you've got the news... it makes life more vivid !

And welcome on the forum, eddsc !

Last edited by Fab; 19 Apr 2004 at 18:41.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 18:45 (Ref:944561)   #1207
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Isn't Jack Lecomte involved ? If I remember correctly, it's a french team... but more ?
It's a World Series by Nissan team. Yes, they are french but I guess the team is working in their HQ at Spain.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 18:51 (Ref:944572)   #1208
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
This is the occasion to warn again our new members : always mention your sources : when there's a journalist's work, and when you picked it up from a personnal site too...

Let's remember that, if we've got news, they are the result of a work of somebody somewhere...

And there's no problem to tease us a little bit when you've got the news... it makes life more vivid !

And welcome on the forum, eddsc !

Absolutely.....

The source has EARNED that citation....and in virtually all cases, material taken from other sites or sources is copyrighted...

and those parties who are not being cited, if they chose to do so, could cause problems for this forum and those who operate it...

I don't want to sound like the "Grim Reaper" or anything, but it IS important....

and it is something that all of us should definitely keep in mind...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 19:05 (Ref:944583)   #1209
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
It ran OK when ORECA campaigned with it at Le Mans...if I remember correctly, that car ran 4th....
Yup, it did....with Beretta, Wendlinger and Lamy at the wheel. Talking about driver line-ups ! The other cars had Dalmas, Sarrazin, Montagny, Ara, Kondo and Amorim as drivers. Let me mention that it was still a Chrysler Mopar Team Oreca then.

This was the year that the Reynard ROC finished 5th and the Seikel 911 6th overall...not a race where pure speed was very important.

In 2002 the car was named Oreca Dallara Judd. This car finished 5th and 6th overall. 2002 was a very warm and dry edition, so this was a race where pure speed DID matter.

It seems that the Dallara has proven to be a very reliable and very fast car, although we mustn't underestimate the importance of good drivers: 2002 showed us Minassian instead of Dalmas, where Comas replaced Wendlinger...
Old 19 Apr 2004, 19:33 (Ref:944602)   #1210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yannick didn't have such a good experience of it though, did he?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:05 (Ref:944633)   #1211
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is in the Panoz right now?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:36 (Ref:944670)   #1212
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote from Tim Northcutt

"we mustn't underestimate the importance of good drivers"

In my opinion, that is why the four customer Audi cars will be so tough to beat. Yes, the R8 is a great proven racecar. Tough, reliable, and quick enough. But as the Paul Ricard results prove, it can be caught in terms of pace (perhaps not over a race distance though). But strong privateer teams like RfH and Pescarolo have a hard time bringing forth the same quality driver lineups. They may get one or two, but lose out when having to dip into the pay-driver pool. I'd love to see a line-up like the Audi's have in one of those RfH Domes. Lammers/Wallace/Leitzinger would be nice.

When you have a top car like an Audi, and then pack high caliber drivers into it, then the party is over.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:40 (Ref:944672)   #1213
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by gsmith2424
Who is in the Panoz right now?
Gunnar Jeannette and David Saelens
Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:44 (Ref:944678)   #1214
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SFonseca
Is that confirmed or rummoured
Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:45 (Ref:944681)   #1215
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did gsmith mean the GT-LM? I took it to mean the GTR... No drivers yet announced, as best as I can tell.

(edited to clarify that these two were confirmed for Mid-Ohio by dsc today)

Last edited by paul-collins; 19 Apr 2004 at 20:48.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:50 (Ref:944684)   #1216
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I saw that on DSC myself. I can't find any Le Mans drivers either.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 22:00 (Ref:944738)   #1217
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So PQ is nearly upon us, but still no word of the odd-man-out Care Racing entry. Anyone "care" to speculate on what's going to happen with that one?

Last edited by neiltbag; 19 Apr 2004 at 22:00.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 01:54 (Ref:944941)   #1218
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i bet that car will withdraw very soon (the CARE entry car) - only option would be to put pay drivers in there. (However, having a lineup like last year with the Alphand effort would be good. Have Frederic Dor, Jerome Policand, and someone else thats good and reliable. ) Dor deserves a drive in one of his cars
Old 20 Apr 2004, 06:50 (Ref:945044)   #1219
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by EliseGT1
It seems that the Dallara has proven to be a very reliable and very fast car,
Its hardly surprising when it was built by the same people who designed the Audi . It was designed after the Audi so im sure they learned a thing or two from that . Be great to see some money thrown at the car , its untapped potential must be one of the best around !!!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:06 (Ref:945092)   #1220
jcz
Rookie

jcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My intersting is what think on Lister change Coronel. There could be possibilities that Coronel after this is little unhappy and will totaly departure from Lister when he have not LMP seat and driving GT car is in doubt (no suitable coodriver). This could have influance that Lister will have not good final championship position from which is result no automatic entry to next year Le Mans where want Lister have two LMP car and in LMES series also and not secure entry by selection from ACO side by not clear selection procedure from ACO side. I think Lister have much wide range in racing without good financial backgroud and solve this as latest. From this is result that many drivers do not want drive - I think - Lister when he have not ensure seat for racing - see cause Piccini out , Kinch out and Coronel now.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:29 (Ref:945114)   #1221
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
i bet that car will withdraw very soon (the CARE entry car) - only option would be to put pay drivers in there. (However, having a lineup like last year with the Alphand effort would be good. Have Frederic Dor, Jerome Policand, and someone else thats good and reliable. ) Dor deserves a drive in one of his cars
This is just a wild guess, but don't forget that a Care-entered Ferrari runs in FIA GT (run by BMS under the Care name) for Calderari/Bryner/Livio- could this be the lineup for the Care 550 at LM?-
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:44 (Ref:945126)   #1222
jcz
Rookie

jcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
see this link http://www.dtc-net.dk/default.asp?id...92&pageType=1, there is pic of Lister LMP car in Essex invest colour scheme
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:53 (Ref:945138)   #1223
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say it looks very fresh, but I will never be a fan of this "steamboat", especially not now Tommie has been replaced (only a week before the testday!) after having done a great job at the Le Mans 1000 km, and in testing the car.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 09:04 (Ref:945150)   #1224
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by jcz
My intersting is what think on Lister change Coronel. There could be possibilities that Coronel after this is little unhappy and will totaly departure from Lister when he have not LMP seat and driving GT car is in doubt (no suitable coodriver). This could have influance that Lister will have not good final championship position from which is result no automatic entry to next year Le Mans where want Lister have two LMP car and in LMES series also and not secure entry by selection from ACO side by not clear selection procedure from ACO side. I think Lister have much wide range in racing without good financial backgroud and solve this as latest. From this is result that many drivers do not want drive - I think - Lister when he have not ensure seat for racing - see cause Piccini out , Kinch out and Coronel now.
I completely agree jcz ..... I have a feeling that this is the main reason why a Saleen didnt get an invite to LeMans this year , based on past performance's !!! I also heard that the money man behind Lister "Nikolas Springer" has left the company too ?! Maybe Lister are trying to do too much for a privateer team ?

I dont know what to make of the Danish on the Lister ? Somehow it was ment to be black !!! :confused:

Last edited by The Badger; 20 Apr 2004 at 09:08.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 09:07 (Ref:945151)   #1225
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SFonseca
I am happy if they are in the car for LeMans.