Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Mar 2007, 03:36 (Ref:1876380)   #101
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official complete times:
Session 1
http://www.lmes.com/2007/uk/download...st_session.pdf
Session 2
http://www.lmes.com/2007/uk/download...nd_session.pdf
Old 26 Mar 2007, 05:13 (Ref:1876421)   #102
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The second Sunday report on DSC makes interesting reading:

Rollcentre quickest so far having bettered the Peugeot's time in the late evening!

Barazi-Epsilon Zytek is (apparently) the complete package and running beautifully.

Peugeot 'claim' to be running flat out (according to Nic Minassian). Worrying?

There's much, much more in the article, but those were the 'stand out' points for me.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 07:38 (Ref:1876467)   #103
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I just read the night activity of the Courage team on their blog. The engine was replaced because of cylinder head gasket problems, they also had a clutch failure and had to reattach one of the head lights.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 08:48 (Ref:1876508)   #104
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03

Rollcentre quickest so far having bettered the Peugeot's time in the late evening!

Barazi-Epsilon Zytek is (apparently) the complete package and running beautifully.

Peugeot 'claim' to be running flat out (according to Nic Minassian). Worrying?

There's much, much more in the article, but those were the 'stand out' points for me.
i think the emphasis has to be on 'claim' here. However, even if they are flat out, I wouldn't worry if i was wearing Peugeot overalls- they've got works blessing and you can bet they want to beat Audi ASAP so any problems will be rectified pretty damn soon. However, as I'm not wearing anything with Peugeot on it, I want to see them spectaculaly fail. That would give the privateers some hope, at least.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1876592)   #105
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
How about some big wallpapers?

Your site could get decent traffic being first on the block with pictures of the new cars.
Gallery is up on http://www.planetlemans.com
Old 26 Mar 2007, 11:45 (Ref:1876638)   #106
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I just read the night activity of the Courage team on their blog. The engine was replaced because of cylinder head gasket problems, they also had a clutch failure and had to reattach one of the head lights.
This morning something in the Xtrac gearbox broke.

A good thing they are doing this 24 hours simulation.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 11:51 (Ref:1876643)   #107
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03

I think DSC meant to imply quickest in session. They (Rollcentre) ran a 1:44.540, which seems to be a touch slower than Pug's 1:44.382 run in Sunday's first session.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1876647)   #108
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
In the meantime Peugeot improved to 1.43.709 (source: EI)
Old 26 Mar 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1876678)   #109
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing is much more then 'lowest times." Lowest times are for qualfing. The race itself is more demanding on the car, equipment, fuel milage ( kilometerage ~ is that a word?)

The first few races will tell who is realy up to game?
Old 26 Mar 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1876718)   #110
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got to be honest the works pesca in black after seeing it from a few more angles is a delicious looking car, i honestly feel that it looks better than in the normal warpaint it looks mean.

btw is it just me or does the oreca saleen for this year have a new rear diffuser?, i couldnt help noticing from the rear view pictures of it from the planetLM gallery.

hats off to charouz and especially rollcentre and martin short, surprised that the pug is only a smidge quicker than the pescarolo's and many of the other LMP1 cars.

im sure by the time we reach monza the pugs will be quicker though courtesy of works blessings
Old 26 Mar 2007, 15:31 (Ref:1876756)   #111
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster
Old 26 Mar 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1876773)   #112
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Note; The Pug's have found more top end. 310.6 km/h being their fastest in the trap now.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1876785)   #113
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Note; The Pug's have found more top end. 310.6 km/h being their fastest in the trap now.
Found, or worked up to it?
Old 26 Mar 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1876828)   #114
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Found, or worked up to it?
I think the term is "used less sandbags"
Old 26 Mar 2007, 16:34 (Ref:1876832)   #115
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
I rather like it! Looks great in the Gulf colours
Naa ..... i was right ..... it looks awful !!!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1876840)   #116
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
this might be a slight divergence, but if the peugeot is really quick, ie quicker than everyone else, will the ACO do something about it?
Yeah ..... let it win cuz its French !!!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1876861)   #117
The Badger
Veteran

Why bother painting the Pesca Pesca Black ? The airbox on the car is plainly carbon fibre .

I reckon it might stay black , and im thinking about a comment that was made by Shorty himself with respect to black and white color . He did mention that there may be another B&W car this year ..... Viola ..... a gloss black Pesca !!!

My point is , why paint the car gloss black and not the airbox ?
Old 26 Mar 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1876863)   #118
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just like they let Audi win .. cause it's french .. oh wait.. they're not

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Mar 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1876871)   #119
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
I think the term is "used less sandbags"
i think they probably still have enough to dam the seine in full flow...
and, remember, at certain times, it's carrying the extra weight of the Jacque Villeneuve ego.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 17:25 (Ref:1876876)   #120
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Isn't this a new/fresh engine in the car for day two?!

L.P.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1876985)   #121
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Why bother painting the Pesca Pesca Black ? The airbox on the car is plainly carbon fibre .

I reckon it might stay black , and im thinking about a comment that was made by Shorty himself with respect to black and white color . He did mention that there may be another B&W car this year ..... Viola ..... a gloss black Pesca !!!

My point is , why paint the car gloss black and not the airbox ?
I bet it's sprayed to simulate the weight that paint would have when done in the proper design. I believe the airbox is all part of the tub, so they probably haven't got around to spraying it if it's super new. The bodywork is all old (2006) so easily could have been sprayed in advance.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see a Pesca without some green on it, period. And the uniforms etc. still reflect the old livery.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1876986)   #122
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
hmmmm.arent the privateers just going to p*ss off then? i know i would...
As in the 962 days, if you have a decent privateer field, battle for best of the rest, and pick up the odd win/podium, they'll be fine.

Problems arise when you have a single privateer team up against a factory, i.e. Dyson vs Audi, that could be dispiriting.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1876992)   #123
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice on Mariantic's site that the Autorlando Porsche and Goldentime Ferrari 550 have dropped out of LMS.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 20:11 (Ref:1877020)   #124
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
As in the 962 days, if you have a decent privateer field, battle for best of the rest, and pick up the odd win/podium, they'll be fine.

Problems arise when you have a single privateer team up against a factory, i.e. Dyson vs Audi, that could be dispiriting.
During the 962 days, you could purchase the top chassis, or one near the top.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1877034)   #125
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Well now you can purchase a Pesca or a Lola, and both sem not to be far away from the Pug...