Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:18 (Ref:3470694)   #101
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Toyota's race to lose? Like every race this year? The early squabbling was nice but we all saw the Toyota's coming.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3470695)   #102
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
So Toyota's race to lose? Like every race this year? The early squabbling was nice but we all saw the Toyota's coming.
Inexperience from the Porsche pit-wall and a poor, race-ruining stop from the faster of the two cars hasn't helped.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:22 (Ref:3470696)   #103
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
On pace, only the #8 has been dominant. As I said in my previous post, if it wasn't for Seb stinkin' up the show, it'd be a close race between the other 5 factory cars.

Porsche couldn't pull away from the Audis, and the #7 is running the same pace as Audi and Porsche.

Take away the #8's 11 second gap, the top three then would be less than 4 seconds apart.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:25 (Ref:3470698)   #104
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Porsche cant get their tires to last. Audi has no top speed. I think Nakajima will get the #7 up there with the #8. Wurz and Sarrazin arent as quick imo. Nothing different in the car specs. Wurz was nearly as quick in qualifying.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:26 (Ref:3470699)   #105
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The straightline acceleration of certain LMP1 cars in comparison to others is a alarming. I know the Audi's appear to be running more downforce but is it really that much more? And won't that only really come into play at top end?

Audi's look like P2 cars in the straights. What can Audi do to fight back?

Wurz isn't as quick. Sarrazin is as quick as anyone. I really think he hates the handling of the TS040.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:27 (Ref:3470700)   #106
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Problem is that the #7 Toyota so far isn't any faster in terms of lap times than Audi or Porsche, and the deal with the #8 is that the healthy lead is fine, but one screw up and it's an open ballgame again.

Even Toyota haven't been as fast as qualifying suggested on a lap to lap basis--all but the #8 when Seb was out there are basically backing each other's times up on clear track so far.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:34 (Ref:3470702)   #107
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Wurz got by Dumas and Lotterer is also right on the #14. Romain better hope that the Porsche's top speed will save him, because it looks like the Porsche still abuses its tires.

#14 seemed to be holding up Alex and though it'll be harder for him to get by due to each cars' characteristics, Andre might be faster right now as well.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:39 (Ref:3470705)   #108
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Problem is that the #7 Toyota so far isn't any faster in terms of lap times than Audi or Porsche, and the deal with the #8 is that the healthy lead is fine, but one screw up and it's an open ballgame again.
No. It doesn't have the same advantage as the #8/Buemi, but their slowest driver has still overturned that huge gap from the end of safety car period and they are up into 2nd place. #7 is a quarter second to half second a lap faster than the Germans.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:42 (Ref:3470707)   #109
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
#7 quite a lot faster than the #8 last lap, but still has a healthy lead.

Both Audis maybe quicker over a lap than the #14 Porsche right now, but it'll be hell to get by unless they do it early in the lap.

Edit: #7 sizably faster again, while Dumas turned the #14's first 1:51 lap in quite a while. Could he be having to drive around an issue or could the issue have resolved itself?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 04:45 (Ref:3470708)   #110
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
No. It doesn't have the same advantage as the #8/Buemi, but their slowest driver has still overturned that huge gap from the end of safety car period and they are up into 2nd place. #7 is a quarter second to half second a lap faster than the Germans.
Right. The Toyota is clearly the fastest car. You can see it on live timing even the #7 is going better than the Audi and Porsche.

The gt battle is great. Glad were seeing more focus on it.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:06 (Ref:3470711)   #111
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I might not be following this race for much longer, at least on a serious basis.

Garlic chicken, my bed, house chores tomorrow morning and modding a NASCAR forum tomorrow afternoon are all calling my name. When I get done with a few things online, that's what my focus will be.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:08 (Ref:3470712)   #112
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I might not be following this race for much longer, at least on a serious basis.

Garlic chicken, my bed, house chores tomorrow morning and modding a NASCAR forum tomorrow afternoon are all calling my name. When I get done with a few things online, that's what my focus will be.
Can hardly blame you, it's not looking like the best race.

It's 5am here and I think I've invested too much time and caffeine to give up now.

I can only keep going and hope my loyalty's rewarded!
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:10 (Ref:3470713)   #113
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Baku is about to start, but I'll keep WEC on in the background.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:14 (Ref:3470716)   #114
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I've had a time at staying up for Le Mans in recent years, too.

Doesn't help that it's cold, dark, 1:15 in the eastern US, and that I haven't eaten much today.

So it'll be finish up some stuff, dinner, clean up some stuff, bed and modding that NASCAR forum over the next 12-18 hours or so.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:15 (Ref:3470717)   #115
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GT battle with hopefully entertain for the rest of the race
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:16 (Ref:3470718)   #116
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I've had a time at staying up for Le Mans in recent years, too.

Doesn't help that it's cold, dark, 1:15 in the eastern US, and that I haven't eaten much today.

So it'll be finish up some stuff, dinner, clean up some stuff, bed and modding that NASCAR forum over the next 12-18 hours or so.
this.

im heading to bed now too, haha(dont forget to spin your clock back an hour!).
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:22 (Ref:3470719)   #117
TF110
Veteran

United States
Race ends at 2am my time. Nowhere near done with it. I get an extra hour of sleep anyway so its like going to sleep at 1am.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:24 (Ref:3470720)   #118
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now that you've said that I need to search online for a stream of the Baku race. ;(
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3470721)   #119
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
Ye olde, sign up at members.fiawec.com with fake info then reload members.fiawec.com still works
Yup. Clearly not same company responsible for the signup page and for the streams.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3470722)   #120
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Now that you've said that I need to search online for a stream of the Baku race. ;(
Doesn't need much searching: http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/live

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14...jan-2014_sport
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:27 (Ref:3470723)   #121
Beryl
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
GTWorld on Youtube is very high quality if it's not geoblocked for you. They are currently under safety car following first lap carnage.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3470724)   #122
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2 1/2 hours in- and less than eight seconds between the 97 Aston and the 92 Porsche...
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3470726)   #123
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Current status of the race:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2014/wec/shang/shang.html
(Scroll down to see the GT- and the LMP-Order)
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3470727)   #124
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TY Beryl ... geoblocked on YouTuber and Dailymotionless ... but TY for the tip. If I were relaly willing to take the time I would probably find some pop-up-laden link ... i watched the last two years. But to me, tonight ... not worth it. WEC is still a decent race.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 05:49 (Ref:3470728)   #125
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Do our world feed commentators receive some sort of medieval banquet in the middle of each race? Just like in Fuji, from the second hour onward, Hindy seems to be constantly chewing on something. Must be good.