Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 May 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3251826)   #101
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally, I'll be trying to focus on other stuff at Le Mans instead of the cars. Try to capture the atmosphere. There'll be a thousand photographers with better equipment/access who will get stunning pictures of the cars. But there's so much more to LM - the history, the spectators, the feel of the place. That's what I want to bring across anyway
Old 22 May 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3251833)   #102
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's what I did a couple of years ago, rather than getting hundreds of images of cars on the same corner, much more enjoyable.
Old 22 May 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3251835)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Personally, I'll be trying to focus on other stuff at Le Mans instead of the cars. Try to capture the atmosphere. There'll be a thousand photographers with better equipment/access who will get stunning pictures of the cars. But there's so much more to LM - the history, the spectators, the feel of the place. That's what I want to bring across anyway

Yes, that's my aim too. I have tens of thousands of photos - including several thousand on the inside at Tertre Rouge (my favourite spot - apart from Arnage at night ), but this year I want to look for more atmospheric shots too. For the pure cars stuff, I'll be concentrating on video this year.
Old 22 May 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3251840)   #104
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally, I'm aiming for great all round pictures of the cars with background.
Purely for background images for my home Mac and work PC
Old 22 May 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3251846)   #105
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And video it is for me to this year, hoping to get good shots for a little LM clip on youtube, ofcourse finished in time before the next 24.
Old 22 May 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3251850)   #106
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here are a few of my shots from 2011 with a simple P&S http://www.flickr.com/photos/undniem...7629577101040/
Old 22 May 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3251861)   #107
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been covering kart meetings this year and have found the need to inject some speed into my shots, I'll be aiming for this at LM. I found it easy to freeze and frame perfectly but the shot loses action unless the kart is bouncing over the kerbs or similar and that won't be happening in an endurance event like the 24hrs. Am certainly looking forward to finding these spots
Old 23 May 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3252062)   #108
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Bouncing off the curbs by Audi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG67iBl7uL8
Old 23 May 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3252078)   #109
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I still think that's one of the best shots of a racing car I have seen.
Old 23 May 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3252092)   #110
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The TV crews did seemed pretty pleased with their new toy didn't they!!
Old 23 May 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3252096)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
I still think that's one of the best shots of a racing car I have seen.
Likewise - superb!
Old 23 May 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3252102)   #112
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Looking through all the photos of past races doesnt half get you excited between that and youtube my productivity has gone through the floor of late!
Old 23 May 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3252183)   #113
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
That's a cracking slow mo of the Audi floating over the kerb !

Here's forum member 'Ghinzani' doing the same but in a kart and not an Audi : http://www.flickr.com/photos/brit_27...57633486669196
Old 23 May 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3252286)   #114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Bizarrely, for that link I just get a young Chinese girl with a panda on a lead......

Now, where did I put those mushrooms.......?
Old 23 May 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3252298)   #115
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bizarrely, for that link I just get a young Chinese girl with a panda on a lead......

Now, where did I put those mushrooms.......?
I wondered what you was on then Ayse until I clicked, Ghinzi was there earlier.....honest he was
Old 23 May 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3252360)   #116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now I see him - nice shot!
Old 23 May 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3252407)   #117
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Now I see him - nice shot!
Thank you very much......
Old 20 Jun 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3265389)   #118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I presume everyone has found the Audi 'Fan Area' overlooking the inside of Dunlop - terrific!
Old 20 Jun 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3265648)   #119
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, *that* Tim... hello (via Flickr). I *knew* I recognized that lying-in-the-grass photo.

EDIT - er... related to Tim's photos on the front page of the thread, sorry about that. n00b reply fail. :P

Last edited by rwintle; 20 Jun 2013 at 18:50. Reason: n00b reply FAIL
Old 21 Jun 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3265916)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not sure I understand much of that.........
Old 25 Jun 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3269432)   #121
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Such a cool clip, must have rewatched that about 10 times the first time I watched Truth In 24 II!

My first time at Le Mans with an SLR and there is a lot of high fencing isn't there? Managed to find a few spots that I think were clear and I took quite a few shots through the fencing, so I'm hoping that I get a few that come out!

I was advised of the viewing platform by the karting track (I was actually camped pretty much opposite it), but on the couple of occasions I walked round there it was blocked off. Thats a spot to try again next year!
Old 25 Jun 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3269708)   #122
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
The new Audi fan area was a fantastic place to watch the start of the race. There was onboard shots fro #1,2 and 3. And a tv signal that made it possible to follow the cars as they were driving round the circute.
And it gave the opputunity to take pictures all the Way from first kink to dunlop bridge. Big thank you to Audi
Old 25 Jun 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3269713)   #123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, a superb place to watch from - we spent over 2 hours there during free practice on Wednesday.....
Old 25 Jun 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3269714)   #124
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I presume everyone has found the Audi 'Fan Area' overlooking the inside of Dunlop - terrific!
someone told us ...

while there, saw Florian Z. but couldn't thank him then
if he reads this, THANK YOU for this
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3269908)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah! James and I wondered if he was there......