Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 May 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3249274)   #101
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would be funny if some rain arrived, i know it's not forecast but would be interesting.
Old 18 May 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3249333)   #102
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How are they cutting costs if a team burns up a brand new set of wets, instead of being allowed to run on an additional set of slicks?

I agree. I can't see the logic in it, but the v8 commission cut back the allocated tyre sets by 1 for every event this year in the name of saving the teams $$$.
Teams have to pay for the tyres. The problem in Texas is no pre-marked tyres - which they would normally use in practice.
Old 18 May 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3249438)   #103
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
This race was to create some positive interest for V8sc? Almost absolutely nothing has been made of it. Here in Melbourne, only some interview with Holdsworth on SEN is the only talk I've heard about it. No one cares. Get it over and done with.
Probably because it's not in Austrailia? Granted here in the states, there has been little to no buzz but why would Melbourne care about the growth of the sport?
Old 18 May 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3249495)   #104
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Egg

Come on V8sc, you couldn't negotiate a deal to have extra old tyres shipped over or couldn't see the benefit of having a "bonus" set of practice rubber for all team to use in p1-p4 only, for such a round like this to ensure the teams put on a decent show for the Friday practice.... ole TC wouldn't of let this happen
Old 18 May 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3249529)   #105
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Riddle me this, CH7; is the coverage live, or is it not?

I noticed about half an hour ago, some 'spoiler alerts' from various media sources, containing the results of both qualifying sessions, which were still be shown on the TV.
Old 18 May 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3249533)   #106
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Up early, watch qual highlights, then the Flags, US anthem, Aust anthem, a bit windy by the looks, about to go racing
Old 18 May 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3249536)   #107
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
I hope it's live..even if it's not, I'm still watching it on link site.. Looks like an okay crowd..
Old 18 May 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3249537)   #108
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Watching from Sweden, it's 22.00 here. GMT +1.

Wouldn't it be better if they arranged a racing weekend with both the sprint cup and V8 supercars, like the Brickyard 400 and a V8 race on the infield?
Old 18 May 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3249539)   #109
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GIs is starting from the back of the grid, Park Ferme infringement

Safety car before one lap down, Scoty McG and Mario in hte wars already
Old 18 May 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3249541)   #110
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Watching from Sweden, it's 22.00 here. GMT +1.

Wouldn't it be better if they arranged a racing weekend with both the sprint cup and V8 supercars, like the Brickyard 400 and a V8 race on the infield?
Is indy's road course big enough for V8?
Old 18 May 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3249542)   #111
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
Is indy's road course big enough for V8?
well, they had F1 cars so I don't see the problem. With the last banked turn, it created a very good overtaking spot at the braking down in T1.
Old 18 May 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3249543)   #112
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I hope it's live..even if it's not, I'm still watching it on link site.. Looks like an okay crowd..
Keep in mind very small seating capacity.

Hopefully it's better tomorrow, it should be.
Old 18 May 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3249544)   #113
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Brickyard sucks for both NASCAR and road racing.

Watkins Glen Short Course would be awesome and draw huge crowds on Sprint cup weekend.
Old 18 May 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3249559)   #114
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Decent race.. Whincup is in a class by himself.
Old 18 May 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3249560)   #115
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoyed that. Hope post race penalties don't muck up the order...
Old 18 May 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3249563)   #116
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
No footage yet of supposed wheel spin, not like 7 to miss that. A few other under the pump, for minor discretions, advertised to the US a bump and grind, yet they will probabaly penalise them for it, go figure
Old 18 May 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3249588)   #117
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good race 2 also. Hope I get to watch tomorrow.

Looks like Mostert struggled but Coulthard did well to keep P3. Just watching the Gis & Webb, looked like they both had fun.

So far the variable track width is making it all very entertaining!
Old 18 May 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3249605)   #118
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Riddle me this, CH7; is the coverage live, or is it not?

I noticed about half an hour ago, some 'spoiler alerts' from various media sources, containing the results of both qualifying sessions, which were still be shown on the TV.
Qly is never shown live - except Bathurst - even at the Aussie events.
The races are supposedly live though.
Old 18 May 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3249612)   #119
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Said it was live in the guide.

There was no mention that the qualifying was just highlights, that I can recall.
Old 18 May 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3249616)   #120
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting pair of races.. showed a few things...

.. that the Nissans might lack some straight line handling, but they arent exactly sippers when it comes to devouring the E85...

.. that WP seem to still be lost.. well more accurately, still out in then wilderness, wondering where the race meeting is... at some point the #7 largesse at discussing them at every event will wear off... wont it?

...that 888 finally have a handle on their own cars... and are demonstrably and consistently better than their customers at the moment..

...that BJR seems to have had another 'one or t'other' weekend, where #8 or #14 has a blinder, but not both. Not sure what caused #21 to stop.. but not a good look..

...that Mr Reynolds' hurry along from his team boss in AA doesnt seem to have improved his results....

Interesting circuit, but absolutely not traditional by any means... even though the cars are the same by design under the skin, they are all different at various parts of the track...

There was a crowd there, perhaps not as large as you might have liked/expected though
Old 19 May 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3249621)   #121
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No to the combined nascar/v8 event. For the most part, these are two different groups of fans. Indycar or ALMS would be a better pairing, but World Challenge has been perfect.

Great racing today! Hopefully things learned today will tighten up the front of the field.

The crowd was excellent today. I'm not an expert, but upwards of 40k today. As I said before American fans do not sit in the grandstands. Most are in GA.
Old 19 May 2013, 00:01 (Ref:3249622)   #122
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interesting pair of races.. showed a few things...

.. that the Nissans might lack some straight line handling, but they arent exactly sippers when it comes to devouring the E85...

.. that WP seem to still be lost.. well more accurately, still out in then wilderness, wondering where the race meeting is... at some point the #7 largesse at discussing them at every event will wear off... wont it?

...that 888 finally have a handle on their own cars... and are demonstrably and consistently better than their customers at the moment..

...that BJR seems to have had another 'one or t'other' weekend, where #8 or #14 has a blinder, but not both. Not sure what caused #21 to stop.. but not a good look..

...that Mr Reynolds' hurry along from his team boss in AA doesnt seem to have improved his results....

Interesting circuit, but absolutely not traditional by any means... even though the cars are the same by design under the skin, they are all different at various parts of the track...

There was a crowd there, perhaps not as large as you might have liked/expected though
Apart from his efforts at Bathurst last year, Mr Reynolds is not going on with the job.
Maybe he, his supporters and C7 should stop trying to encourage his apparently humorous comedy acts and concentrate on his job behind the wheel.
Old 19 May 2013, 02:05 (Ref:3249654)   #123
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
No to the combined nascar/v8 event. For the most part, these are two different groups of fans. Indycar or ALMS would be a better pairing, but World Challenge has been perfect.

Great racing today! Hopefully things learned today will tighten up the front of the field.

The crowd was excellent today. I'm not an expert, but upwards of 40k today. As I said before American fans do not sit in the grandstands. Most are in GA.
The capacity is 35,800. Stands were 40-50% full with lower main straight and stadium section very empty on TV and there were some GA, I'd say 20-25k. GA weekend attendance was 27k and tomorrow will likely be bigger so not bad.
Old 19 May 2013, 02:34 (Ref:3249658)   #124
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
The capacity is 35,800. Stands were 40-50% full with lower main straight and stadium section very empty on TV and there were some GA, I'd say 20-25k. GA weekend attendance was 27k and tomorrow will likely be bigger so not bad.
For the first time ever racing in North America with little coverage here, that has to be seen as a modest success.
Old 19 May 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3249660)   #125
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Said it was live in the guide.

There was no mention that the qualifying was just highlights, that I can recall.
Qualifying is usually a couple of hours before the races, so doesn't make sense for them to show it live and break up their programming.