Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Oct 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1447385)   #101
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Pretty bold statement there, and so far I can't say I have seen much from Legge to back it up.
Won her first race at a tricky street circuit at Long beach, and won two other races, however anyone who tries to take it way from Legge, she is a Toyota Atlantic treble winner in her first season unlike Danica who hasn't proven herself, and is overated in my opinion.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1447446)   #102
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why do so many people who praise Legge have to do it by knocking Danica Patrick at the same time?

They've never raced each other so it's impossible to compare.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1447647)   #103
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not to knock DP- she has done well, but these too will end up going head to head, and the comparisons happen i fell in anticipation- put your money down now gents, because this will be a media circus, adn when or if they lock wheels, well just like when Sarah fisher was taken out by that 'other' lady racer or vice versa, people were expecting cat fight. I am expecting two relatively fresh racers to go at it with the full public eye on tem who will crack eh?- which one KNOWS she can win? this is how i am taking this thread anyway..
Old 30 Oct 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1447731)   #104
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
She has to stay in Atlantics to prove herself against a strong field. There's no way she's ready for ChampCar yet, and it would be a shame if the Amigos push her into the series as a reaction against Danica's popularity and hype.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1447762)   #105
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes I heard KK wanted her to drive next year in the CCWS but what is best like she has chosen is to do next year in TA and I expect if she wins the title next year she should get credit as it looks to be a lot better next season.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1447895)   #106
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Why do so many people who praise Legge have to do it by knocking Danica Patrick at the same time?

It`s only natural. Achievements can always be compared, even though the usual flaws of never being in the same race with the same competition exists. The use of Danica to promote the series to the extent that they did has backlash, and the bar will be raised high.
CCWS must resist that temptation.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1447919)   #107
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
For example I type in Danica Patrick on Google, I get a straight link to stuff with the titles of the IRL's hottest driver and all the pics are her modeling and stuff, I would rather it be on her racing achivements.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 06:14 (Ref:1448082)   #108
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The danica and Katherine comparisions to me really don't mean much. About the only thing they share in common is that they are women.

danica had her 15 minutes earlier this year, but just didn't have the staying power. To really stay in the public's conscious for the long term you've got to have the personality or looks, of which she has neither. Poking Lazier in the forehead was a jerry springer type move which further lowered the bar. Unless she can pull it together, I don't see her as the great draw she is proported to be.

Katherine has done the right thing by focusing on her job and getting the results. I think Champcar is smart enough not to use her like a cheap you know what to get the tabloid columns.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 02:47 (Ref:1450028)   #109
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Thats true I agree, and when I see Legge I tend to agree. But people are upset that even though Legge is getting results Patrick still gets far more recognition. Legge is good, Patrick is good. But people are naturally going to side with the driver that in their series.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1450639)   #110
mueber
Rookie

United States
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
mueber should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is always a mistake to compare yourself to the competition because it provides acknowledgement for them.

Champ Car should promote Champ Car. The less they have to say about the IRL the better.

Champ Car should promote Legge; the the less Champ Car has to say about Danica Patrick the better.

Champ Car fans should enjoy Champ Car; the less the worry about what the IRL the better.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1450664)   #111
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And those of us who watch and enjoy both series can comment on whatever!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 03:19 (Ref:1455932)   #112
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And those of us who watch and enjoy both series can comment on whatever!
As long as it is anti-irl. {since this is the Champ Car forum}
Old 9 Nov 2005, 05:30 (Ref:1455969)   #113
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No need to be anti anything. Just comment on CC stuff here and IRL stuff in the other page.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1456148)   #114
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
As long as it is anti-irl. {since this is the Champ Car forum}
Watching Champ Car doesn't automatically mean one has to be anti-IndyCar.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 22:52 (Ref:1456769)   #115
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edited!

Last edited by Snrub; 10 Nov 2005 at 03:35. Reason: Stuff like that is just going to make people angry. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but let's be realistic, those sorts of comments aren't going to get us anywhere. Official warning next time.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1457035)   #116
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching ChampCar in Mexico City down here in Oz, and Katherine Legge was one of the commentators, was it just me or does she have a sexy voice?

It did seem like she'll be going for another year in Atlantic, hoping to win the series and that $2m prize.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1457136)   #117
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same commentary here in UK via Eurosport.Not sure what a 'sexy' voice is,but she was very informative and clear.Hope they use her again next year.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1457339)   #118
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Katherine Legge was on Wind Tunnel last month, and she was very informative and articulate. Very intelligent woman, I am sure.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1457742)   #119
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was funny that Max and Katherine wouldnt let Jeremy Shaw get a word in edgeways. Katherine was very good but I did think Max was better but he has had many years more experience in motorsport.