Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for a pork pie
Up to 2 quid for a pack of 6 minis 7 7.69%
Depends on the pie. Mmmmmmm...Pie.....back in a minute 51 56.04%
I'm a vegetarian - it's wrong to eat cute little piggy wiggies 0 0%
I'm Gluten Intolerant, you insensitive git 2 2.20%
I found a pork pie at the bottom of my bag - it's a bit green - do you think it's safe to eat it? 12 13.19%
2013 regs state that Pork Pies must be of a specific size and composition 4 4.40%
Scotch Eggs FTW! 8 8.79%
Lorne Sausage on a proper roll! (Look it up heathens!) 7 7.69%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3044167)   #101
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now I know where I've gone wrong - I hate pork pies!!!!!!!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3044622)   #102
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm- not had a pork pie for ages!
Just had an idea that Brian and I could possibly munch on a couple of snack size ones while we are in the Safety Car this year
Any comments????
Old 19 Mar 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3044731)   #103
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyceswan View Post
Any comments????
Would this be when you are out on track? Hmm. . . too late for them to have any effect - if you're on track the incident's already happened!

Snack size pork pies are a waste of time - all you'll get with them is, at best, a spun & continued. For best effect you need genuine Melton Mowbray pies of at least 100g.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3044737)   #104
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Dave, we would not be eating them while out on track - Brian needs both hands on the wheel to get Daisy round some of the circuits - imagine taking Paddock Hill while consuming said commestibule! They would more likely to be eaten whilst sat in the Pit lane cos we were BORED!!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3044791)   #105
LandieLad
Racer

Japan
Tokyo
LandieLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Would this be when you are out on track? Hmm. . . too late for them to have any effect - if you're on track the incident's already happened!
Perhaps the safety car will now end up in the gravel
Old 19 Mar 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3044859)   #106
snoz wanger
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckshaw, Chorley......and Druids..
snoz wanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Misses bought me four Pork pies for the Masters at Oulton......Asda Smart Price!!!!!!!!....When i read the contents it said ,,,,Pork {21%}!! i just thought ewww! whats the rest then? gums ,ears and eyelashes?....was gonna bring them for the Badgers but Jonathan would probably sue me....and quite rightly so!. gave them to the wheely bin its looked a bit grey since.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3045497)   #107
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoz wanger View Post
My Misses bought me four Pork pies for the Masters at Oulton......Asda Smart Price!!!!!!!!....When i read the contents it said ,,,,Pork {21%}!! i just thought ewww! whats the rest then? gums ,ears and eyelashes?....was gonna bring them for the Badgers but Jonathan would probably sue me....and quite rightly so!. gave them to the wheely bin its looked a bit grey since.
That'll teach you to read ingredients lists! Sadly gums, ears and eyelashes are pork! The only bit of a pig that doesn't find its way into a pork pie is the squeek. The rest of the ingredients relate to things like pastry, typically 50% of finished weight, preservatives etc. If you continue to read ingredients of processed foods and ate accordingly you would become very slim very quickly! Enjoy!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3045575)   #108
snoz wanger
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckshaw, Chorley......and Druids..
snoz wanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakersboy View Post
That'll teach you to read ingredients lists! Sadly gums, ears and eyelashes are pork! The only bit of a pig that doesn't find its way into a pork pie is the squeek. The rest of the ingredients relate to things like pastry, typically 50% of finished weight, preservatives etc. If you continue to read ingredients of processed foods and ate accordingly you would become very slim very quickly! Enjoy!
Wow.......take it easy now! i was just saying.........pass me some celery..and a grape someone!.......
Old 20 Mar 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3045609)   #109
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
Looking at the poll results so far, it's interesting to see that no-one has gone for the veggie option. Is there any such thing as a vegetarian marshal or have they all been scared off / converted / killed and turned into pies?
i was veggie for the 1st 2 seasons marshalling and the 18 years before that, bout of knockhill hypothermia converted me, was a case of eat a steak peh or get even colder
Old 21 Mar 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3045972)   #110
bouncyclare
Rookie

England
bury lancs
bouncyclare should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
car share from bury....with bouncy clare!!!if your safe...

Hi im going oulton park on saturday if anyone from thebury area would like a lift,taking landiland so there are two more seats available...just txt or phone me on 07590208699.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3048420)   #111
chrisjt1985
Racer

England
Bury
chrisjt1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, so that's where I'm going wrong! No pork pies in my box before!!! As a new marshal, I have to test this fable! Watch out Oulton Park, I will be munching on one this Saturday!!! 11 Races to choose from... I think I shall dig in during the Porsche race!
Old 26 Mar 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3048509)   #112
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having consumed a couple of said pies on saturday nothing occured!
However straight after a scotch egg sunday the afternoon went crazy...pork pirs dont seem to work anymore...
Old 26 Mar 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3048520)   #113
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjt1985 View Post
Ah, so that's where I'm going wrong! No pork pies in my box before!!! As a new marshal, I have to test this fable! Watch out Oulton Park, I will be munching on one this Saturday!!! 11 Races to choose from... I think I shall dig in during the Porsche race!
No! No! You're missing the point. It has to be as part of your eating regime not a deliberate move.

If you leave pork pies and other food products e.g. doughnuts lying around it doesn't work.

I remember enjoying some doughnuts at lunchtime and getting knowing looks when I told the other marshals on post and then we were knee deep in Formula Vs.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3048528)   #114
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think I shall dig in during the Porsche race!
Before or after, but not during the race!
Old 26 Mar 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3048823)   #115
chrisjt1985
Racer

England
Bury
Quote:
Before or after, but not during the race!
Fair cop! I obviously wouldn't during anyway. Food handled by leather gloves don't taste that good anyway. Plus not sure I want to experiance the million pound crash first hand!
Old 1 Apr 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3051658)   #116
chrisjt1985
Racer

England
Bury
Well as Dave will attest to, I ate my pie before the first post-89 formula ford race. I was on post at Lodge corner, and we must have been the only post without an incident!!! It looks like I have a repelling effect with pork pies!!! So what race over the next weekend should I retest this with?!?!
Old 1 Apr 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3051870)   #117
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well as Dave will attest to, I ate my pie before the first post-89 formula ford race. I was on post at Lodge corner, and we must have been the only post without an incident!!! It looks like I have a repelling effect with pork pies!!! So what race over the next weekend should I retest this with?!?!
I think it proves the myth, but just that it doesnt have to be on your post,

The 1st post 89 race was incident packed , I had 2 off with 1 upside down at Shell

Maybe we just need to prove it by a pork pie eating on schedule around the circuit then waiting for the outcome,

MAybe at some point over the easter weekend at Oulton it can be arranged

Having watched one of the Clio races from Brands today i wonder if pork pies had been issued to all posts, ist lap at least 7 of the Clios with serious damage, including 5 at Graham Hill Bend
Old 1 Apr 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3051877)   #118
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PieLady reckons it is all down to stuff.

As PieLady is not out and about this year (for the moment) she believes Pies will not have any effect in her absence.

Prove me wrong!
Old 1 Apr 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3052019)   #119
chrisjt1985
Racer

England
Bury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews Dad View Post
Maybe we just need to prove it by a pork pie eating on schedule around the circuit then waiting for the outcome,
That sounds way too organised! I picked the Formula Fords post 89 at random! (I was hungry...) though as eating it I knew the significance of this post. Maybe though we do all need to get some report back as to who ate pies when and at what post.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3052023)   #120
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does it count if an off duty marshal is carrying pork pies round a race meeting in a rucksack? It certainly seemed to today...
Old 2 Apr 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3052184)   #121
janeybobs
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
janeybobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What if you don't like pie??
Old 2 Apr 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3052228)   #122
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeybobs View Post
What if you don't like pie??
You'd better learn to like 'em. . . and fast!

I've heard a rumour that as from next year pork pie eating will be included inupgrade assessments!

Now why didn't I think of that yesterday?
Old 2 Apr 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3052231)   #123
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I've heard a rumour that as from next year pork pie eating will be included inupgrade assessments!
Eating?

Or supplying to X-Obs?
Old 2 Apr 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3052235)   #124
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
Eating?

Or supplying to X-Obs?
Now you're getting confused with doughnuts. Please try to keep up.
Old 16 May 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3075426)   #125
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tempting Fate?

Despite the well documented danger posed by pork pies, some can't resist tempting fate.
This blatant attempt to provoke an incident makes one wonder about the motivation of some marshals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!