Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jun 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3416976)   #101
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Yep, this keeps him on their books and gives AN the freedom to design more or less anything for Red Bull. I agree America's Cup or even a LMP1 sports car for a crack at Le Mans.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3417140)   #102
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In answer to the thread title. Nope.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3417355)   #103
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
In answer to the thread title. Nope.
Question was already answered in post #78. Where have you been?

Just before the Canadian GP, I had some news from a very reliable source that suggested Newey WAS in fact to step away from F1 at the end of 2014. He had apparently advised RBR of his intentions to step away from F1, and RBR, a few days before the Chinese GP. A GP that Adrian Newey did not attend. Soon after, RBR begun negotiating with Newey about possibly leading the new, yet to be built RB Technology Centre near RBR HQ. Newey only excepted the offer a few days ago, before flying out to the Canadian GP. Apparently.

Source also said, Montezemolo had approached Newey during the Spanish GP in person to discuss a possible move to Ferrari. Newey did not agree, nor disagree. Rumours then went wild at this time about a possible move to Ferrari, but source says Newey had no intensions of such a move. He wanted out of F1. And Newey has just recently spoken to media about why he is scaling back his F1 involvement. Lack of motivation, the new regulations were a some of the reasons given by Newey.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3417360)   #104
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post

Just before the Canadian GP, I had some news from a very reliable source that suggested Newey WAS in fact to step away from F1 at the end of 2014. He had apparently advised RBR of his intentions to step away from F1, and RBR, a few days before the Chinese GP. A GP that Adrian Newey did not attend. Soon after, RBR begun negotiating with Newey about possibly leading the new, yet to be built RB Technology Centre near RBR HQ. Newey only excepted the offer a few days ago, before flying out to the Canadian GP. Apparently.

Source also said, Montezemolo had approached Newey during the Spanish GP in person to discuss a possible move to Ferrari. Newey did not agree, nor disagree. Rumours then went wild at this time about a possible move to Ferrari, but source says Newey had no intensions of such a move. He wanted out of F1. And Newey has just recently spoken to media about why he is scaling back his F1 involvement. Lack of motivation, the new regulations were a some of the reasons given by Newey.
I don't doubt the authenticity of your sources 321Go, but you leave yourself wide open to questioning when you only give part of the information or cryptic messages about a situation. Some people here will jump on your info before they think it through.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3417372)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I have a life.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3417416)   #106
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I don't doubt the authenticity of your sources 321Go, but you leave yourself wide open to questioning when you only give part of the information or cryptic messages about a situation. Some people here will jump on your info before they think it through.
I can't help them. Only so much you can say on a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I have a life.
What's that!?

Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3417462)   #107
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
So, these *Other projects within the Red Bull Organisation*
Can we expect some pretty spectacular and innovative energy drinks cans & bottles in the near future?
Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3417469)   #108
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
So, these *Other projects within the Red Bull Organisation*
Can we expect some pretty spectacular and innovative energy drinks cans & bottles in the near future?
I hear Adrian Newey is already working on a new drink can design, called the Kinetically Energised Replenishing System, that has a Drink Rapid Straw in-built. Apparently.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3417481)   #109
321Go
Veteran

This article just popped up on Autosport.

Another on BBC Sport.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 23:22 (Ref:3417884)   #110
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Turning 55 and not ready for the beach yet... I guess he doesn't know what it means.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 03:44 (Ref:3417942)   #111
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Turning 55 and not ready for the beach yet... I guess he doesn't know what it means.
It's so sad .. Mika would agree with you !

Remember that interview ?
Old 10 Jun 2014, 07:32 (Ref:3417993)   #112
321Go
Veteran

Martin Brundle interviews Adrian Newey.

"I've had a great time in Formula 1. But it's time to move on to some different things."- Adrian Newey.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 07:58 (Ref:3418001)   #113
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually see Newey's views on the current F1 rules being too restrictive as a good thing. Lets face it, less aero has seen some fantastic racing this year, and I think that is where Newey wants to continue pushing the envelope. If the current rules do in fact mean the aero posibilities are extremely limited, it may give us several seasons of good close racing while designers/engineers focus more on the mechanical side of things.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3418118)   #114
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Martin Brundle interviews Adrian Newey.

"I've had a great time in Formula 1. But it's time to move on to some different things."- Adrian Newey.
And in other news, perhaps unsurprisingly, Newey is being linked to an America's Cup bid.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3418142)   #115
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
And in other news, perhaps unsurprisingly, Newey is being linked to an America's Cup bid.
Interesting. Obviously it's not a done deal but the tone of the article suggests it's pretty much on the cards.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3418149)   #116
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not particularly a follower of sailing but I understood match racing to be 2 boats of identical design, the quote below would go along with this....

Quote:
In a new format, at least six America's Cup World Series events will be held in both 2015 and 2016 and each race will count towards qualification or points in the final America's Cup Match in 2017.

There will be a new class of yacht, the AC62, for the final races.

It will feature the hydrofoil technology, which raises the boats out of the water, creating high speed and dramatic racing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sailing/27691308

Have I got it wrong? What could Newey add to a fixed design?
Old 10 Jun 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3418343)   #117
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I'm not particularly a follower of sailing but I understood match racing to be 2 boats of identical design, the quote below would go along with this....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sailing/27691308

Have I got it wrong? What could Newey add to a fixed design?
You have got it wrong.The origin of the term match racing goes back to the days when two owners of boats held a match to determine which of them had the faster boat.In the latter half of the twentieth century the term was appropriated to cover racing between two very equally matched boats which were used to force one of them to take avoiding action to avoid a collision as defined by the racing rules.The tacticians were constantly trying to manouevre so that the other boat had to give way or sail extra distance,to its disadvantage.More recently the America's Cup has moved a bit closer to the original deed of gift and now the technical regulations for a challenge are agreed prior to the racing series-and with enough time to build a boat or two.In consequence,the boats have gone from stodgy twelve metres to slightly more nimble IACC monohulls to multihulls and more recently to foiling catamarans with wingsails.

I can see why Adrian Newey would find the new challenge attractive and rather hope he and Ben Ainslie find themselves with the same syndicate.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3418380)   #118
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interesting. Obviously it's not a done deal but the tone of the article suggests it's pretty much on the cards.
That's not really something isn't it ?
Old 11 Jun 2014, 01:19 (Ref:3418383)   #119
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's not really something isn't it ?
Or is it?
Old 11 Jun 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3418384)   #120
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

WE always need to move on to do different things, a change in our paradigm is a chance to evolve as human beings.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 02:56 (Ref:3418392)   #121
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
WE always need to move on to do different things, a change in our paradigm is a chance to evolve as human beings.
Even if it is just to learn how well off we were!
Old 11 Jun 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3418867)   #122
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am happy to see him move on...
F1 has become way to reliant on aero over the years..

It's a bit like hearing constantly about tyres, it becomes rather boring ..
Old 12 Jun 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3419186)   #123
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Newey - love the guy to bits. Wish him the best but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am happy to see him move on...
me, too.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3423326)   #124
321Go
Veteran

Hemut Marko: “Adrian has admitted openly that he is a little tired. This is because in Formula 1, there is gradually less and less room for innovation.

“We do not want to lose him, so we will build this new centre where – alongside his work in Formula 1 – he can also manage multiple projects.

“We have had long conversations with Adrian. Ferrari made him an absurd offer – both on the financial side as well as in terms of his responsibilities.”
Old 22 Jun 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3424876)   #125
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish him well with all future endeavors if he was to move on he would be doing so at the top of his game. Renault take note please.