Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 May 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2467055)   #101
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive my ignorance but what was the issue with the 'classic' Abbey?
Old 22 May 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2467060)   #102
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See thread 'F1 Abbey Disappointment For Historics' for the sorry story.........
Old 22 May 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2467211)   #103
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX View Post
I discussed this question with Silverstone officials at Media Day - apparently after all the hulabalu of last years complaints, the dissenters faded away.......? So to make a return to the original set up pressure has to be applied continuously, pedal to the floor.

I beg to differ,but only a handfull of people cannot make much of an impact.Would have been more effective if MORE people had made a fuss rather just becoming "Bullet Maker's". Added to this,IF the people who look after these thing's at the circuit actually had the decency to reply to a stream of letter's,we might have actually gotten somewhere.Appethy at Silverstone? no never!!!
Old 23 May 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2467541)   #104
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I beg to differ,but only a handfull of people cannot make much of an impact.Would have been more effective if MORE people had made a fuss rather just becoming "Bullet Maker's". Added to this,IF the people who look after these thing's at the circuit actually had the decency to reply to a stream of letter's,we might have actually gotten somewhere.Appethy at Silverstone? no never!!!
Do not forget that it is the MSA that issues the circuit license. There must have been something they did not like for the circuit not to be given a license, I am sure it is not Silverstone who just decided not to use the old circuit.
Old 23 May 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2467827)   #105
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also,do not forget that any given circuit HAS to apply for said license,or indeed to make the required improvements that may have suggested.
Old 27 May 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2470140)   #106
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is with heavy heart that I read the Pussy Cat Dolls are not playing at the Classic. Having thought about it I can only suggest that we continue the motor racing driver connection and request that our new hero, Jenson Button, might enlist the talents of his latest squeeze instead and provide a lingerie modelling show!!
Old 27 May 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2470154)   #107
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm glad I'm not going now!
Old 27 May 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2470157)   #108
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dont worry everyone as we are having the 10/10 BBQ that night anyway.
Old 27 May 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2470158)   #109
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Waitress's??
Old 27 May 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2470166)   #110
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
sorry edited as off topic..
Old 27 May 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2470186)   #111
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like there's no Santana either- according to the official website, it's just Blue, with further acts to be announced. Did note that the concerts are now free to ticket holders, which is a good thing I think.
Old 27 May 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2470188)   #112
Enrico Spaggiari
Rookie

Italy
Verona , Italy
Enrico Spaggiari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Horsman View Post
Apparently Silverstone have sent in computer drawings of the track/measurements of Abbey and are now awaiting a decision from the FIA as to whether they will allow its use for some types of cars,IE,historics.See-ing as the drawings were sent a couple of weeks ago[and Silverstone are chasing an answer]perhaps we could have this feature back for next season.
So said on 1 October last year. Anyone know what happenned?
Hi Peter.
I am wondering why you hate so much the modern Abbey corner layout ....
Anyway, the old one would be great.
Are you coming to Monza ?
Cheers.
Wneico
Old 27 May 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2470191)   #113
simon drabble
Veteran

I dont know the reason behind it but I think its a good idea to have bands in the evening as it helps create a party atmosphere and mixing it with a younger band and an older one is the right idea...
Old 27 May 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2470198)   #114
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Waitress's??
Yeah The Waitresses were pretty good, are they still together?
Old 27 May 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2470199)   #115
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No Santana ok BBQ now saturday night.Not happy.
Old 27 May 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2470200)   #116
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
On a more serious note, is there any news on entries and grid sizes? In particular I'd be interested to know how many ST's are there (although personally I think it inappropriate).
Old 27 May 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2470217)   #117
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
No Santana ok BBQ now saturday night.Not happy.
I have no doubt that you'll forget all about it this weekend.
Old 27 May 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2470224)   #118
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
On a more serious note, is there any news on entries and grid sizes? In particular I'd be interested to know how many ST's are there (although personally I think it inappropriate).
The number of STs present will be the deciding factor as to whether I go or not, an entry list would be very useful.
Old 27 May 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2470233)   #119
simon drabble
Veteran

excuse my ignorance but what is an ST? Super Tourer??
Old 27 May 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2470241)   #120
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
excuse my ignorance but what is an ST? Super Tourer??
Yep. There is a race purely for Super Tourers
Old 27 May 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2470292)   #121
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Im with as well Simon what sort of car is a ST.
Old 27 May 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2470301)   #122
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Super Tourer.
Old 27 May 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2470304)   #123
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The number of STs present will be the deciding factor as to whether I go or not, an entry list would be very useful.
If you look on the Super Touring Car Register website they say there are 34 cars showing an interest.
Old 27 May 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2470315)   #124
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It'll be good to see the 95 Cavalier again [Cleland] Wonder why its not in its original Grey and Blue livery. Pretty good grid starting to show now Alan.
Old 27 May 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2470316)   #125
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These are only cars that have shown an interest, I doubt they will all be entered.