Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Jan 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3705264)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Session over. Stopped slightly short of full time for P car off.

The 2 Caddies still on top of the sheets and the only 2 in the 30s.

Top 9 in GTLM separated by less than a second.
Ford
Porsche
Ford
Ferrari
Ford
Porsche
Ford
Vette
BMW
etc
Old 26 Jan 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3705265)   #102
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
The new IMSA scoring looks good with the icons, but the alkamer is easier to read for me.

it looks like some of the cars were for qualy laps, while other just made some practice with new drivers.
They both have their advantages. And I agree about the IMSA timing being a little difficult to read.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3705266)   #103
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Overall results FP #1

http://results.imsa.com/Results/17_2...test%20Lap.PDF
Old 26 Jan 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3705267)   #104
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the Cads found their "setup error".
Old 26 Jan 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3705270)   #105
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Looks like the Cads found their "setup error".
Yeah, and magically the gurney doesn't have any effect and all three cars reached 193mph haha
Old 26 Jan 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3705273)   #106
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Yeah, and magically the gurney doesn't have any effect and all three cars reached 193mph haha
I feel Cadillac has the attention of the IMSA officials now. I would hope so. I'm not sure who to cheer for in the DPI category right now. I kinda hope they all break and the GTLM winner takes it. Otherwise I think I would pull for a underdog like the ESM Nissan (which they are this year), VisitFlorida, PR1, or JDC.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3705281)   #107
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, cannot say I am surprised by the outcome ... IMSA is really risking losing its legitimacy before the new formula even starts.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3705282)   #108
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Why would imsa lose legitimacy? They didn't do any favorable bop to Cadillac since the roar, did they? It seems like they were actually on the ball, even if caddy still has extra in reserve.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3705284)   #109
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It's just one practice session. Did the others even try to set fast times? Let's see about the second session and then qualifying. Though I do have a feeling that the bop hammer is about to come down soon.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3705287)   #110
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It's just one practice session. Did the others even try to set fast times? Let's see about the second session and then qualifying. Though I do have a feeling that the bop hammer is about to come down soon.
I agree. Just saying that IMSA's eyes and ears are open.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3705288)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Why would imsa lose legitimacy? They didn't do any favorable bop to Cadillac since the roar, did they? It seems like they were actually on the ball, even if caddy still has extra in reserve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I agree, this has just been one practice and we don't know what the other teams were working on. The Caddy didn't come out and set blazing times compared to the Roar, the other teams were just slower this morning. Let's wait and see how this plays out.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3705289)   #112
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
19:30 GMT start on Saturday, for anyone in Europe.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3705291)   #113
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Practice 2 underway. Only 30 mins for this one.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3705292)   #114
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Practice 2 is underway and I thought I'd re-mention the availability of the Fantasy Racing Challenge for Daytona:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149389
Old 26 Jan 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3705294)   #115
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Practice 2 is underway and I thought I'd re-mention the availability of the Fantasy Racing Challenge for Daytona:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149389

Thanks for doing this again!
Old 26 Jan 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3705296)   #116
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Ferrari with a 1:44.5 in GTLM, maybe they aren't so slow after all?
Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3705302)   #117
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Some impressive sector times set by the prototypes. Qualification will be on 1.37 for sure, with maybe some 1.36
Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3705304)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Dragonspeed 81 apparently smoked bigtime out of T1 and sprayed oil around.... this after Duval possibly stuffed it into a barrier.

Also, possible mechanical issues for an ESM.

EDIT: 22 ESM stopped on course towards the end of the session.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3705305)   #119
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Dragonspeed 81 apparently smoked bigtime out of T1 and sprayed oil around....
You gotta play the bop game to have any chance because Daytona is such a unique track
Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3705308)   #120
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Also, possible mechanical issues for an ESM.

EDIT: 22 ESM stopped on course towards the end of the session.

According to S365, Ed Brown, who was driving the car at the time, ran it out of fuel. Good to know it wasn't anything mechanical.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3705311)   #121
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I like the new official IMSA live timing. Quite customizable. You can get rid of columns that you don't care about. I also hide the LMPC class out too.
You rebel!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I feel Cadillac has the attention of the IMSA officials now. I would hope so. I'm not sure who to cheer for in the DPI category right now. I kinda hope they all break and the GTLM winner takes it. Otherwise I think I would pull for a underdog like the ESM Nissan (which they are this year), VisitFlorida, PR1, or JDC.
Is it possible to just remove that class and all the cars we don't like from the timing screen? Then we can all have the result we want. Apart from those supporting Mazda

It is good to lose the info you don't want to see little tweaks like this are always welcome, no need to wait for relaunches.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3705312)   #122
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It looks as minor damage to the Oreca. If the tube is ok there won't be problems for the next season.

Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3705313)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
According to S365, Ed Brown, who was driving the car at the time, ran it out of fuel. Good to know it wasn't anything mechanical.
Good to know

Perhaps they gave him enough fuel to not quite get up to a speed where he could do some damage.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3705314)   #124
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Awesome!
Thanks for the heads-up
Motors tv have confirmed that the whole 2017 series will be shown live in the UK
Sorry just realised that this information had already been posted, must have been the excitement!
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3705317)   #125
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Nice to know the IMSA app is still a hunk of doo doo.