Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Jul 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2260100)   #101
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
chicken tikka masala
Not from an authentic Indian caterer as Tata would use, thats purely british raj stuff! No such dish in pukka Indian cooking!
Old 30 Jul 2008, 08:04 (Ref:2260130)   #102
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I know ..... but its one of my favourites none the less !!!

Ok , Bhuna Ghost then
Old 30 Jul 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2260345)   #103
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Iwould totally agree the one thing that we all miss at lemans is a good Curry after an evening of cheap lager. But come to think of it there is one thing I would rather see than a Curry stand, and thats a competative Jag leading the pack through the dunlop bridge. Both would be nice but I would settle for the Jag.
The second part would be great. as far as good curry? Guess my palat is not as fine as y'alls.

I will stick with Southr'n BBQ, Texas Brisket, and Good Old Wisconsin Brauts, boiled in Beer and onions then tossed on a grill to brown.

and I happen to like English Pub food very much.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2260383)   #104
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
And cans of Leine AU N EGL ..... dont forget the Leine !!!
Old 30 Jul 2008, 18:41 (Ref:2260461)   #105
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys..

Could we please leave the delicious indian kitchen, and get back to racing?
Old 30 Jul 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2260617)   #106
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And cans of Leine AU N EGL ..... dont forget the Leine !!!
UP

Heading up to Road America next week thusday. Cant wait
Old 31 Jul 2008, 03:44 (Ref:2260685)   #107
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Guys..

Could we please leave the delicious indian kitchen, and get back to racing?
Oh .... Denmark speaking ....

We all need to eat at a race event ..... "We" are just airing our taste over meatballs & eggs !!! .... and having a little fun ..... do I get another message alert for this infraction then ? .....
Old 31 Jul 2008, 03:52 (Ref:2260687)   #108
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
UP

Heading up to Road America next week thusday. Cant wait
Well ..... dont mind the Dane .

Just dont bring any beer to Road America ..... there is enough of the decent stuff there already ..... Leine !!!

For those of you who dont know what Leine is .

Its an American micro brewery ..... who make a really good beer , not like Bud or Pabst ..... unfortunatly it was bought by Miller ..... but the brew is still the same as ever , good !!! ..... Properly known as "Leinenkugel" .....

Have I got the spelling correct ?

Ok Aslak ..... back to racing
Old 31 Jul 2008, 04:17 (Ref:2260688)   #109
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
thusday
Is that a Tuesday or a Thursday ? ..... sorry , I couldnt resist . Hope the Dane aint ****ed off !!! lol
Old 31 Jul 2008, 05:09 (Ref:2260708)   #110
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is that a Tuesday or a Thursday ? ..... sorry , I couldnt resist . Hope the Dane aint ****ed off !!! lol
Aint neither. Its the one that occurs in the month of the Blue Moon and starts at the stroke of midnight Monday night and ends on the stroke of midnight Friday morning!

L.P.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2260880)   #111
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Aint neither. Its the one that occurs in the month of the Blue Moon and starts at the stroke of midnight Monday night and ends on the stroke of midnight Friday morning!

L.P.
lolg Ding split the difference.

Thursday. Then staying up and putting on a Driving school on Monday and Tuesday for as our buddy Sam likes to say, the yellow tractors car club.

and I am Danish myself ( or a two generations back came from Denmark )
Old 31 Jul 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2261081)   #112
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danisch, and Scandinavian in general, tend to serve good coffee. With Anglo-American quantities, but qualitie akin to Italy, you get real value for money. Especially since they tend to serve very good pastry's with them. A nice coffee can offcourse be very welcome, ecpecially when you're not watching stars in Tertre Rouge, but grey clouds losing a lot of water...
BTW in today's paper some numbers about obesity where publisched. the UK and USA didn't differ much; respectively 62,5% and 65% of the population is to heavy. Denmark and Sweden where just over 50%, and rounded up the European top 10. Belgium was 11th, wich isn't that bad when you think that the 3 best things about Belgium are the fries, the beer and the chocolate.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2264538)   #113
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
Just read on DSC that Ratan Tata (Mr Tata) has just announced in some sort on company presentation they are very seriously evaluating taking Jag back to LeMans......Jag is rich in racing history but has recently become tainted......rock on fella!.........
Apparently this came from same presentation:

Quote:
http://www.business-standard.com/ind...?autono=329691

"We want to hit the Le Mans race, for which we are already re-examining whether we can bring back the Jaguar brand to its earlier state," Ratan Tata, chairman, Tata Motors, said at the company's annual general meeting earlier this week.
Also, this was spotted in the Aston thread, but it has little things about Jaguar on the 3rd page:

Quote:
http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ries/17/1.html

Jaguar. OK, rules for-off-the-record conversations - especially 5.00am ones - with Chairmen, CEOs, MDs or anyone who gets to sign off a bill that runs well into seven figures are rather like privy counsel conversations; they never actually happened. But I can tell you this with absolute certainty - Jaguar wants to do an LMP programme and go for an eighth win (to match Audi) in 2010. Ask Jaguar MD Mike O'Driscoll to confirm, and he'll confirm the will, if not exactly the intent.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2264649)   #114
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar have a road car lineup to be proud of, now they need to show theres some substance behind the flash and kick the likes of Audi's backside, and for that matter Aston Martin who've been trying to lure British fans, and ultimately potential customer.

Jaguar is Le Mans.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2264696)   #115
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*cough* X-Type *cough*.

Winning at Le Mans makes people love them. Maybe just maybe that will help us view them as we once did. It worked for Egan.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2265366)   #116
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
July 30 issue of Autocar’

"Word is that Tata sees Jag as being more of a sporting brand than a luxury one"
Old 7 Aug 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2265458)   #117
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar are more BMW than Mercedes, but you need a constant track presence to maintain that sporting image.

An LMP1 program would be the headliner, but the XKR could push the brand in the multitude of national GT series.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2265474)   #118
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow I'm very pleasantly surprised by Tata, he seems to acknowledge the soul and history of the brand very well!

On the indian food part, do you brits also know the bara? It's delicious! easily my favourite snack in any cuisine!
Old 7 Aug 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2265548)   #119
thereal_tdb
Rookie

thereal_tdb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As i understand it, it will be a long term programme, GT2 to start, then GT1 till they win and then a possible LMP programme. but more likely staying in GT1
The focus will be on promoting the roadcar.

Oh and it won't be Apex.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2267898)   #120
JAG
Veteran

England
After a start in GT2, I'd be very dissapointed if Jaguar didn't go for the overall win in P1.

The challenges for overall wins is were Jaguar's sporting heritage was gained.

The Jaguar brand has already wasted a stack of cash in F1, don't compound that mistake by settling for being a bit part player. GT2/GT3 will only ever be good enough to prove the sporting credentials of a specific model and, if managed correctly, be a great customer business. To prove you're a world class brand, you need to compete for overall wins, unless Jaguar are content to live in the shadow of Audi, Aston Martin etc.

Jaguar are still dinning out on overall wins 20 years ago, a class win doesn't hold that weight.

Last edited by JAG; 12 Aug 2008 at 16:13.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2267899)   #121
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal_tdb
As i understand it, it will be a long term programme, GT2 to start, then GT1 till they win and then a possible LMP programme. but more likely staying in GT1
The focus will be on promoting the roadcar.

Oh and it won't be Apex.
I don't know who your source is mate but they aren't correct
Old 12 Aug 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2267909)   #122
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
edit: nothing

Last edited by deggis; 12 Aug 2008 at 16:42.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2267921)   #123
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
I don't know who your source is mate but they aren't correct
Is that on both those points Graham? ie Class and Team
Old 12 Aug 2008, 18:08 (Ref:2267971)   #124
JAG
Veteran

England
Apex always said they hoped to encourage Jaguar back into top flight racing, they've done the groundwork and proven themselves with Bentley afterall.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2268710)   #125
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Jaguar are more BMW than Mercedes, but you need a constant track presence to maintain that sporting image.
That makes me feel sick.
Quote:
An LMP1 program would be the headliner, but the XKR could push the brand in the multitude of national GT series.
I suspect the later will happen. At the moment a successful campaign is all talk. Lets go.